You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Tragic House

Real Ghost Stories

Tragic House

 

This is a true story recently relayed to me by my sister. The names have been changed for privacy concerns.

Here is her story:

You wouldn't know it by it's appearance, but there is a certain house, located in close proximity to my son "Dave" and his wife "Erica's" home, that seems to possess some very dark secrets, alluding to a very tragic past. This house comes with an ominous "theme". If the walls could talk, they would be screaming... "GET OUT!"

Previous owners have been afflicted by terrible misfortunes while occupying that house. One family lost two of their very young children (3 and 4), when they drowned in the backyard pool. Another family lost their young daughter (around 20) to Melanoma. Understandably, these unfortunate events left a very uneasy atmosphere in this otherwise pleasant neighborhood.

During a time, while the house was unoccupied, My son's daughter "Alice" and her special needs friend, "Brianna", used to walk to the empty house and back (under the watchful eye of "Erica" and Brianna's grandmother, "Sally"). One time Alice and Brianna told Erica and Sally that Camilla was calling them to come over, which left them perplexed because they didn't know of any Camilla living close by. But as the girls approached the house, a pile of wood suddenly fell off the roof, coming precariously close to hitting the girls! Needless to say, they were forbidden from going anywhere near that house again. Sally lived many years in this town and she knew all about the "Tragic House".

Jan (my daughter's friend) and her husband, George, bought this particular house, knowing full well of it's past history, about a year ago, along with their three children (2 boys and a girl). The oldest, Seth, is around 13, Dave is a middle child, who is a couple of years younger than Seth... And their daughter, Georgia is 6 years old. They also have 3 dogs. Jan proclaimed, "we'll just make some happy memories in this house", and break the curse (so to speak). I guess the price of the house (on the low side) was the deciding factor.

After they settled in, Jan and her family began to experience strange phenomena, indications that they were not alone. A particular incidence alarmed them enough to call in a priest to bless the home. One day, while the kids were at school and her husband at work, Jan heard a child call "mommy", and when she went downstairs to investigate, she saw a child's hand print on the mirror, which she swears, was not there before.

Their next step was to call in a "medium", who quickly announced that there was a "bad presence", living in the wall. He described this intruder (or whatever you want to call him, since he came with the house) as a man, whose intentions weren't above board, and called him "Larry". During his investigation, the "medium" also heard a woman screaming and asked if Jan and George heard her also (which they didn't).

One of the dogs, who sleeps in Georgia's bedroom, cries a lot while looking at the wall (not the same wall that Larry occupies), but a spirit is free to move wherever it so desires, and having that kind of activity going on in their little girl's room, would totally freak me out!

A couple of months ago, after being out all day, Jan came home to find a dried up, bloody hand print on Larry's wall!

George, who is a cop, searched the whole house for any signs of intrusion and found none. They called in the cops anyway, to report this crime. The cops, again, searched the whole home, but nothing else was out of place that would indicate an invasion of any kind. I don't know about anyone else, but I would certainly consider this a blatant threat, which was delivered from the world beyond...

Holy crow! To me, this was an ominous warning! A bloody hand print on the wall? If that doesn't scream "GET OUT", I don't know what does! I'd be out in a shot, gathering all my children, and just run away.

This is as creepy as it gets and I wonder what their next decision will be. I hope to God the children and everyone else is not harmed in any way. Maybe they can have a priest come in to perform some kind of serious exorcism, I don't know. But I hope they do something!

Other hauntings by Lunahenry

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lunahenry, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Janellexx89 (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-07-14)
I know this story is from 2013. HAs there been anymore reported activity? Do they even still live in this house? I hope you see this and can give some answers.
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-06)
luminol is a chemical substance used to determine the presence of blood.
Lunahenry (2 stories) (50 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-06)
mamachong: thanks for enlightening me.

Zeta: I'm not sure what you mean by" luminol"?
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-06)
Cap6 -
Hello! I hope I didn't offend you or anyone else. What I had meant to say is that I wouldn't care if the handprint was in blood, jelly or any other substance, it would still be scary as it didn't belong to any of the family. Do you think there is a chance we might see the picture?
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-06)
Lunahenry,
What the 50505050 means is that the person making a comment, but the comment is less than 50 characters, puts the 5050505 to make the 50 characters. Its not a coded expression.
Lunahenry (2 stories) (50 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
What's going on here. It's all a learning experience and the responses should be taken as conjecture. Posters that are using coded expressions such as 50505050, please just say it in English so we can all understand what's on your mind.
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
Yes, Pjod and Zeta, I have noticed that too. Makes me wonder if people even know the difference between the D word and a manvolent aka 'evil' spirit.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
Just one word...luminol?
Zeta. 50505050505050505050505050505050505050505050
Cap6 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
I personally know the family and they did take a picture of the hand print. It definitely wasn't jelly and it is being tested... I'll update when I learn more.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
I agree with Zeta
Seems to be more postings than usual- with the whole "Demon" thing. The "I've battled a few, this is what you have to do" hollywood fiction mentality.
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
At Zeta: Care to elaborate? Is it something particular?

Well,dang, Luna, that is some scary stuff. I do have to agree with Rook, on the aspect of the handprint. Mind you,I'm going by the cops I'm familiar with, and I know they can be quite different in different locals, but here they definately would have examined it to see if it was blood or something else. Perhaps your sister will fill this in for you. But, honestly even if it had been done in jelly and didn't belong to any of the family? Pretty weird and scary. Simply because it didn't BELONG there and is evidence that someone had been there. Someone who shouldn't be.
I too will offer up a prayer for their safety.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
Is it me? Or am I missing something here? I know this site may be a little eccentric and weird at times but lately it's become a bit more peculiar.

Zeta.
demonicsheikh (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
Bro they can't fight them and killing one of them is like murdering the whole family because they are pure evil. Just tell him to sell the place in good time.
Death_Defier (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
I actually am being haunted my self but not much has really happened, especially from a specific incident with me falling out of no where, sigh, sadly I can't post that story yet

Best of Luck-
Death_Defier
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
I remember going to see the "Amityville Horror" and that movie scared the **** out of me especially when the house told the priest to "GET OUT".

Zeta.
Lunahenry (2 stories) (50 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
The wall didn't say Get Out.

What was written was:
"If the walls could talk, they would be screaming... "GET OUT!"

It was just to add emphasis to the situation.
CalebBrant (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
Im not sure I believe in the in the wall saying get out. But I might be wrong it just doesn't sound convincing. But on the bright side good storie.
Lunahenry (2 stories) (50 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
Rook,

I see your point. We only wish well for this family, and for their sake I hope things subside for them so they can enjoy their new home.

If more comes to light, I will surely let you all know.

Thanks
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
Lunahenry,

Well met.

I think my statement "I'm not convinced that this is paranormal in nature..." did not actually convey what I actually meant properly... Let me see if I can explain it better.

First: Its very hard to tell if experiences told in the third person are factual. Something seems to 'get lost' in the re-telling.

Second: Three tragic deaths in the families of two different owners may make for a somber atmosphere, but does not necessarily make for a haunted house.

Third: The wood falling from the roof... What proof is there that was paranormal... As for the little girl that was heard... Was she calling them towards the area the wood fell? Or did her 'call' keep the girls from entering the area the wood fell in (also an example of details 'getting lost' repetition).

Forth: If I was a police officer and a hand print that looked to be made in blood appeared in my home I would have it tested. Forced entry may not have been found but could someone with a way to access the home be playing a bad joke... As for as the child's hand print on the mirror goes... When was it last cleaned... How was the hand print visible (exposed by steam? Fresh on just cleaned glass?) again some of the details seem to have been 'lost'.

I'm not saying that there are not possible paranormal elements in this experience, not at all, but as they relate to the house trying to 'drive out' the owners... That is what I have my doubts about.

Respectfully,

Rook
Lunahenry (2 stories) (50 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
Rook,

With all due respect, how could you not think this is not paranormal. Of all the things that happened and other things we don't know about that necessitated a priest and medium. Don't get me wrong. Your comments are thoughtful and thorough; that's what I like about you.

I am receiving this story in the third person and the questions you ask are some of my questions too. I will try to find out if the blood was tested, but I don't have an answer right now. Since there was no crime, no testing was probably needed. My sister will need to probe for more information.

As for the cleansing method; I am afraid to suggest this because it seems that this house has been dark for a long time. It might work for a day and then come back with a bigger vengeance. Personally, I think this family took on more than it can handle and should flee while the going is good.

I will keep you all updated as more information is obtained.

Thank you all for your comments. It is much appreciated.

Lunahenry
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
Wow New Jersey has its own version of The Amityville Horror...

Now that I've got that out of my system...

Did the police take a sample from the 'bloody hand print'? Was it indeed blood?

Have there been any other experiences that have happened with-in the home?

I'm not convinced that this is paranormal in nature, but please ask your Daughters friend and her Husband to try this... They may find it helps...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Thanks for sharing and if your daughters friend or her Husband are 'up to it' have them sign on and ask any questions they may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
Hades666 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-03)
Well written story, Lunahenry!
Also I definitely agree with you, that family is obviously not wanted in that house with all the signs and all and if I were them and if I cared for my children I would leave that house immediately, especially with its dark past.
Thankyou for writing such a brillant experience and please keep us updated.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-03)
sheikh,
I wouldn't get my advice, or talking points, from "ghost adventures" Zak and gang are entertainers, nothing more.
The house has seen a lot crisis. The atmosphere in the home seems to reflect that- a good "cleaning" may help some.
Lunahenry (2 stories) (50 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-03)
demonicsheikh: no harm to them (yet), just previous families.

Mjackson91: don't know about a picture. Most likely since there was a police investigation.
demonicsheikh (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-03)
Did they get harmed?
If not then you know its not a get out expression. I see "ghost adventures" a t.v show. The host of the show zak says that "if no one is harmed by the spirits that means they aren't evil." just to see a hand printed on the wall or name calling means they are trying to communicate. Its best not to communicate with them.
MJackson91 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-03)
wow! Great story!
So this family currently lives in this house?
They wouldn't have took a picture of the hand print by chance?...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: