You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Creature That Hides Beneath My Nephews Bed

Real Ghost Stories

The Creature That Hides Beneath My Nephews Bed

 

First let me just say that this is not just some monster under the bed story. Okay this thing is real and attacks my nephew in his sleep at night. My nephew's parents just died so my girlfriend Ashley and I moved back to my parents' house to help take care of him. He's five.

At first I thought it was imaginary until I saw the hand-shaped bruise on his left wrist. He couldn't have done it himself because it looks like someone's left hand grabbed his wrist and I noticed little indents in the skin, like fingernails. So I squeezed his arm just hard enough to leave a red mark. The difference in size was pretty good compared to mine. The print looked like a child's.

Now, my nephew was freaked. He slept with Ashley and me for a week straight, so one night I slept in his room so I could see this monster. I wasn't disappointed. Now let me try to describe my nephew's bedroom. He has a small night light at the foot of his bed and a dresser and TV right across from the head of the bed.

When I was getting pretty tired I don't know why, but I looked at the floor and saw something move. I figured it was just my imagination so I feel asleep. I was woken up by what felt like my nephew shaking my hand. I figured he just had another nightmare but when I looked, it wasn't his hand. This thing had a hold of my left arm. Its arm looked palish green and the fingernails ended at least an inch from the fingertips. Then it felt like something was trying to use me to pick itself up from the floor and I saw the sideways view of its face. It had a red slit eye and a mouth of teeth that I can only describe as kind of like crocodile shaped teeth. This thing, from what I could see, had no hair and judging by its stature, I'd saw it was two to three feet tall. I managed to shrug off its arm and it hid under the bed again.

When I got down to the floor, the damn thing disappeared. Then I remembered seeing that same arm when I was seven or eight years old. I described the creature to my nephew and he said that's the same thing he saw.

Now, I've done a lot of research and the only thing I found that's even close to this thing is an imp. Anyways I need help I need to find out if this is an imp and if not, what is it and how do I get rid of it?

Other hauntings by chrisstar

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chrisstar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jager (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-09)
Sounds similar to our Australian water hole creatures called a "Bunyip" or even a Japanese river spirit Kappa though they are both almost always found close to water ways. However, if this creature has the mentality of a Kappa or Bunyip they can be simply tricked or in some cases reasoned with. These creatures are usually gluttonous and crave for particular types of human food. There are stories of Japanese mothers throwing cucumbers into rivers because the Kappa enjoyed eating them more than the children who would be playing in the water.
Kali-Ma (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
This creature reminds me of a reptilian. Many people have claimed to see them.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-09)
Really cool. I'll c what I can find in my spirit book at home. For now: don't let your nephew stay in that room. I don't feel its safe for him. Thank you for sharing and I hope to hear more from u.
GIRLIE ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-09)
chrisstar,

Good suggestions all around. Grief counselling could prove to be an 'outlet' and a good one but, if your comfortable with this, please try this in the home. It should help 'change the atmosphere' in the home and by doing so this 'monster' should depart...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

By seeking counselling you can help ensure the negative energy just does not simply 'build back up' in the home.

A heads up... You may have to do this 'more than once' to ensure a complete 'exchange' of energy takes place.

Please keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-06)
WildStallionDHSGahanna,Imp is a tiny Demon small size so I answer when You say You don't what it's imp is and I didn't know what it is either before I found out along ago.

Chrisstar, Sorry of lose of your nephew's parent and I know it's pretty hard on him. I had lost my father after I feel him. I know pretty hard to lose a parent and I never like bed with out foots stand that why I when I am ready to get to bed I just run and jump before I stand by them lol I know I am strange.
chrisstar (5 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
okay valikcy i'll give it a try thank you for your help everyone.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
Chrisstar,
Have you thought of grief counseling for your nephew to help him get his emotions out? I know when my mom passed, it was offered to my son then age 4 (me too of course). Going with the theory that it is the 'negative' or bottled up feelings causing that creature to be, I think it would be worth a shot. If you can't do that maybe just encourage him to talk about how he feels and assure him it's ok to cry if he wants to. Some things are worth tears.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
Hey there! Not sure if this would work but I think you should get the home, especially that room blessed or maybe do some kind of exorcism which definitely would work. Reading the description, it is not a ghost but a monster or possibly a demon. I bet it can be harmful so whatever you're going to do, do it ASAP. Hope things turn the good way pretty soon without any harm to either one of you. Be good.
-Shady
chrisstar (5 stories) (14 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
yes rookdygin I remember my grandmother had just past now I'm not the crying type never have been so for me my out let has always been rage when my grandmother died I was withdrawn constantly getting into fights at school cussing out teachers and other things i'd rather not mention now I don't know much about negative energy or what ever you want to call it but I would say I was throwing off a lot of it at the time my nephews the same way hes a fighter not a cry so maybe our negative emotions attracted this thing and yes he understands fully what's happened
Beckiie (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
I somewhat agree with Rook. I have no sort of knowledge in these things because I haven't researched any of it, pero I do know that negative enery can atract "entities." Now what you described seeing reminds me of two things I remember reading/seeing (on tv, not me personally.)
The first thing it reminds me of is a picture I saw in "The devils bible" I watched a documentary on it and what you describe kind of looks like what was in the book. You might want to search for the documentary and take a look if it's what you saw.
The second thing it reminds me of is also a picture I saw, but this time I saw it on a show called ExtrAnormal 2012 (it's in spanish) and it's about paranormal stuff. They were investigating a case that someone sent in. In the picture you could see a little boy about 6 or 7 and he was in the pool. Wrapped around his leg was a lizard looking thing, similar to what you described.
So, taking into account these two images your description reminds me of, I do not believe it is a "physical manifistation" of stress. I find it really strange that you as well remember seeing the arm as a child. If it was a physical manifistation of stress I would think you would have seen two differemnt things and not the same. After all, people think differently.
Well, I hope you find out what it is and you get rid of it.
WildStallionDHSGahanna (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
Very interesting story. I do not know what an imp is, but it sounds kind of interesting so I will search it. I agree with everything rook says. Many strange things have happened to me when I have negative feelings, but nothing that extreme. Good luck!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
chrisstar,

Thank you for sharing. You mentioned two things that really caught my attention...

First: "My nephew's parents just died..."

Second: "When I got down to the floor, the damn thing disappeared. Then I remembered seeing that same arm when I was seven or eight years old."

Do you remember what was happening in your household when you began to 'see' this arm?

For your nephew it seems stress, grief and confusion may be strong 'factors' that have allowed this 'entity' to manifest...

It could be a physical manifestation of all the negative energy surrounding the passing of your Nephew's Parents...or...an 'entity' was attracted into the home because of this same negative energy.

Before I am asked...YES, I do believe that a 5 year old could 'create' an 'entity' that is able to take physical form. This 'entity' forms because the 5 year old has 'created' it in his mind as he 'creates an image in his mind' trying to deal with all the emotions he is feeling due to the passing of his Parents.

Please ask any questions you may have. Talk to your Nephew, ask him how he feels, has he 'cried'? Does he really understand what is going on?

I have a Cleansing Method that I will share with you if you feel its needed... But I think this will 'pass' over time as your nephew works his way through the grieving process.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: