You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Goat That Would Watch Me Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

The Goat That Would Watch Me Sleep

 

About ten years ago, maybe less is when it happened. I was about eighteen and still living at my parents. My best friend named Jessica and I were really into witchcraft. We had many spell books, played with a Ouija board quite a bit, got into the whole Astral Projection thing. You name it, we were into it. We tried our best not to look into black magic though, but being stupid teens, we tried to put curses on those we hate. She practically lived with me and would tell me how she felt something in the house. She said it didn't feel like a good presence, but it felt rather dark. I too felt a presence, or like there was more than one supernatural "thing" in the house.

Jessica ended up going to her family's for a little while, so I had my bedroom all to myself. My bed was a daybed that was up against the wall, with the bedroom door right at the foot of the bed. The edge of the bed where my head was, is a closet. Across the room adjacent to the bed were two long windows that went from wall to wall. One night I was sleeping facing the windows, I woke to a slight tapping sound. I slowly opened my eyes, and saw a goat looking in the window. It had red eyes and horns with hooves placed on the windowsill. I was PETRIFIED. I slowly closed my eyes and turned my back pretending I didn't see anything. I kept hearing a little tap, but forced myself to sleep. This happened twice then never again.

I told my mom about something at my window, and she told me "I know there is something in this house. You and Jessica invited it in." I don't know if that is true, but whatever it was... I didn't want it to come back. It never did, and I hope I will never see it again. I was NOT dreaming and I know it as a fact.

Does anyone know what this could have been? To this day it still gives me the chills thinking about it. Out of all my experiences with the "supernatural", this was the eeriest.

Other hauntings by CaliforniaK

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CaliforniaK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kumarr (1 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-27)
Its truly ghost!

No religious gods nor goddess appear to human in any manner its kaliyuga (age of lowest virtue and less good)

Ghost appears as cats, goats, bats and even as shadows (black and white)

Never trust H movies or any movies those all fakes (real ghost never die nor has legs)

That ghost is not sprite of goats Nor trees that's a human ghost of demonic strengths.

It knocks doors, BC think you before played in nights or (in your house highly resistance there not allowing to come in without your help.

I had same experience, but I not seen it, I had windows shuttered like 30 / 40 times without any wind, bc until that last night I played in ground alone at nights until 2 am Like that, in that specific day I was slept with my class mates that is in school we had daily nights and early morning special classes its residential school.
Nobody heard that except me.
I was so much scraped and not moved and closed my head under balnket until I heard all 30 to 40 tunes loud knoks.
Those fellows nobody waked up.
It not came in BC its chritain school and I cane for me BC I played daily night alone until 2 am in ground.

Its special gift to see ghost
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-09-26)
... And perhaps the goat she saw was just that, a wild billy goat. But on the cliffs of Byron Bay? While doing an invocation if the goddess? Lol... It's the context that sets the experience apart. Somehow, I find that as believable as it being an actual real goat in your garden looking in through your window:)
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-09-26)
CaliforniaK...wow, I love how you just got straight to the scary bit and didn't flesh the tale out with extra drama. Despite its incredible nature, I believe you lol... Probably due to your delivery. When a sister of mine did an invocation of the goddess beneath a full moon on a seaside cliff top, her basket (one of those round, woven grass African style ones) blew over the edge of the cliff. And when she ran to retrieve it, a billy goat stepped up onto the cliff top right in front of her. After she got over her shock, she was amazed and delighted and believed it to be a manifestation of the horned god... Pan and Cernnunos, the Green Man, being a few of his identities. Now... For you, I wonder if it was maybe not so wild man of the forest and a little bit more lower astral scary? Spirits manifest in many forms. The difference between it being terrifying, foreboding or amazing depends on the energy that accompanies it... It's intent is understood strongly by our intuition. Maybe lighten up your fascination with the dark side and the dark entities that are drawn to such doings won't find you so accessible. Blessed be:)
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
Whoops,sorry - just saw the "looking in the window" part. Are there any trees or plants/ objects outside your window? Does the window look out onto a road? Just thinking perhaps being late at night, and groggy, your mind may have conjured the tapping of tree branches on the side of the house as the sound of hooves, and leaves/ branches and red brake lights as eyes... Combined with the mind's ability to recycle images portrayed as the devil/goat/horned looking creatures, perhaps your mind created this realistic image for you? It is interesting to me that it did show up 3 times... Perhaps your sub-conscience fulfilling the thrice-fold rule?
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
Hi CaliforniaK,
I have a quick question, was the goat inside your room, or outside the window? Just wanted to try to get a better mental image of what you saw... Thanks!
Realistic (7 stories) (44 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
I have a really funny ghost story.

My Grandpa rented a house which later became a haunted house (related in my story "Starting of a Haunt"). Whenever the house was empty, and someone called at the front door, a goat would answer from the roof saying nobody was at home!

Mom would always tell us this part with a goatly falsetto... 😆
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
[at] she,
How very interesting! And I loved the quote.
I feel baphomet is really cernunnos in disguise.
Peace ❤
she_28 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-09)
I saw like this one before, I even used to have a photo of this creature on my old nokia phone but I threw my phone away cause since I took a picture of this creature, lots of weird events happened to my life. It was late that I realized what's happening in my life wasn't this creature's fault, but another thing and it was just trying to protect me. I showed that photo to my friends & they got really scared - it has a face of a goat with long beard, with red eyes and a body of a monkey and it is very hairy. The last thing he said before he left was " Not all beautiful things are good, and not all ugly things are bad" That was the last time I saw him.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-09)
Errr, Ummmm (cough,cough)...

Goats...the Devil's Creatures? I've never heard that...pigs, yes... But not goats... Goats were (are) considered 'clean' enough to sacrifice to Heavenly Father by the Jews so I do not see what you are 'getting' at.

When Christianity was running amok and dominating the world, they took the Pagan symbol of the European Horned God or God of the Hunt and used that as the representation of "evil". Not to mention its connections with Baphomet a supposed pagan deity (i.e., a product of Christian folklore concerning pagans). It first appeared in 11th and 12th century Latin and Provençal as a corruption of "Mahomet", the Latinisation of "Muhammad". Revived in the 19th century as a figure of occultism and Satanism.

Later in the 19th century, the name of Baphomet became further associated with the occult. In 1854, Eliphas Lévi published Dogme et Rituel de la Haute Magie ("Dogmas and Rituals of High Magic"), in which he included an image he had drawn himself which he described as Baphomet and "The Sabbatic Goat", showing a winged humanoid goat with a pair of breasts and a torch on its head between its horns. This image has become the best-known representation of Baphomet. Lévi's Baphomet is the source of the later Tarot image of the Devil in the Rider-Waite design which in my opinion has 'forever' connected the 'goat head', the pentagram, and the Devil.

My opinion, based on research.

Respectfully,

Rook

(some excerpts taken from Wiki but not used as direct 'quotes' so I did not place them in "quotes")
Hades666 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
I have read somewhere that goats are associated with the devil, and are known as the 'devil's creatures' but hey that's just my opinion. You can look it up if you wish.
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-07)
I think seeing the Goat Wisdom and your devotion to lord... Thats my personal opinion
Leslie81 (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-06)
I too saw a goat watching me once. Its been several years as I was still a child at the time. The one I saw was actually in my room. All I could see was its face. From the height of its face, it must've been between 5-6 feet tall. It terrified me even though it didn't do anything but watch. When I screamed for my mom it disappeared. I was devout Christian at the time too. So it wasn't anything that I was into that brought it in or anything. Anyway, I found it interesting that you also saw a goat and had to comment.
TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-06)
I have seen something like this too. I did not use a ouija board, practice any kind of witchcraft (be it white or black) or invite anything in, in any way. So why would I see it?
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
Sorry guys I am not propagating a religion as I am more spiritual and open minded rather than religious... I hope I haven't hurt someone's sentiment... I have high regards for all the higher souls ie Pht.Mohd,Jesus Christ,Buddha,shiva,krishna...
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br0Ca0eAHSo

Interesting link see that its related 5 pointed star and pagan diety which is mentioned here. Yes in hindusim lost of Gods and Goddess are there. Its said 3crore are there. But its usually said as god or godess but in real sense they mean spirits and in hinduism its also believed each god or godess have their own hierhechy where one is more powerful than the other based upon their spiritual evolution... Thats why in hindusim, buddhism its said one can ascend to higher level with spiritual practices. Very interesting read as long as the spirit or entity didn't rise any fear in you its good one I suppose. There are forest spirits and tree spirits where in india usually one can see people coming under the tree and praying to it usually the spirit is given its due respect... But anyways in the end in hindusim it says in the end one has to venture deep isnide yourself to find the truth and that truth whatever one may call it is GOD. Btw I do teach yoga and meditation. Some are saying here if you are meditating don't do it its wrong its not like that usually when someone meditates if the third eye activates one can see all other words usually the astral world which has departed souls and also some higher beings who can penetrate and help us in lifting our self spiritually. Like white when passed through prism 7 colors are formed which is inside the same white light same way other words are interpentrated in that same place and some time we get to see it or hear or feel it. One can hear it if there throat chakra is activated. MEditation or any spiritual practice if used to attaining higher self then its good instead trying to get siddhis (tryint to attain some magic stuffs) then one looses it. Sorry its a long reply.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
I think Hayagriva is a more likely candidate to have been drawn and 'warped' from folklore into what has become know as Baphomet.

Vishnu in the form of Hayagriva is worshipped as the Lord of knowledge and wisdom. Which Baphomet is kind of the 'negative' of.

Respectfully,

Rook
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
rook,
Just set the goat mug, the rest of the body looks like Shiva. Half male half female, position of the fingers and hands, the skulls portrayed around the figure and horns and so on.
What do you think?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
Hotrod,

"...his description would fit many indian gods."

I take it from your statement above that there are many Indian (Hindu) gods that have 'goat heads'?

I can only think of one... (did I mention I have done some research on Hinduism?)

Daksha:

Sati, wished to wed Shiva. Her father, Daksha, did not approve of the union, but Sati ignored his wishes and married Shiva anyway. A bitter enmity was born between Daksha and Shiva as a result. This antagonism was brought to a head when he (Daksha) forbade his son-in-law to attend a holy sacrifice to the god Vishnu. Shamed by her husband's exclusion from the ritual, Sati killed herself by throwing her body into a fire.

Shiva was enraged by his wife's death and sent an army of demigods to destroy the sacrifice, resulting in the maiming of countless gods and others in attendance. Daksha himself was decapitated during the attack, his head hurled into the sacrificial fire. He (Shiva) later restored those he had injured after being calmed by Vishnu. When Daksha's head could not be found, Shiva replaced it with the head of a goat or a ram. Ashamed of his own ignoble actions and humbled by Shiva's act of mercy, Daksha became one of Shiva's most devout attendants.

If there are others please, please let me know as I enjoy learning other Countries/Religions Folklore/Mythologies.

Respectfully,

Rook
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
rookdygin,
You are right when you say baphomet would have left a bigger impression. He DOES leave a bigger impression.
I said that b is pretty common place because his description would fit many indian gods.
Thanks
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
thanks rookdygin,
The entity loox like baphomet. I don't suggest that the poster has enemies and a statue has been buried on her property.
I know there are many explanations and meanings of the term baphomet.
I used the term baphomet loosely to avoid the term devil etc.
No offense meant but Getting a vision of baphomet is not difficult.
Peace.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
Sure Hotrod, no problem...

(Pardon me a moment CaliforniaK)

Ahem...'cough, cough'...Ahem...

First I didn't say...

"massive expression?"

I said, and I quote myself...

"I DO NOT think you saw Baphomet... This would have left more of an impression on you..."

Why would I say that you ask? Here's why...

Baphomet is a supposed PAGAN DEITY... Something with 'God Like Power'... I think seeing him would effect the individual more than the O/P states they were affected.

Now Hotrod I'm going to ask you something. You've stated...

"A statue of it is made and buried somewhere on the enemies property. Used in black magic."

And

"Baphomet is pretty common place in india"

Really...REALLY?!? I thought Baphomet was a corruption of "Mahomet", which is the Latinisation of "Muhammad" and 'common' in Knights Templar 'folklore'. If this is correct then it sounds as if its more related to Islam rather than Hinduism. Placing its origins in the Middle East rather than India.

OR is it possible that Baphomet is actually a corruption of Lord Hayagriva thus making it not only 'common' in India but making it associated with 'black magic'.

Or are you 'implying' that because Baphomet is a possible corruption of "Mahomet" (see above) that Muslims practice 'black magic' in India?

Sense I'm asking questions...

Other than the possible 'entity' being described by the O/P as a goat what gave you the impression that this was Baphomet?

You stated...

"A statue of it is made and buried somewhere on the enemies property. Used in black magic."

Where in the experience did you get the impression that these two teenagers had enemies that would have this knowledge, let alone use it on them?

Just curious...

CaliforniaK, again I hope you do not mind this exchange on your comments section, let us know and we will move it elsewhere.

Respectfully,

Rook
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
rookdygin
Can you explain how baphomet could have left a massive expression? Baphomet is pretty common place in india
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
Well, my best guess is based on what you stated here...

"...were really into witchcraft. We had many spell books, played with a Ouija board quite a bit, got into the whole Astral Projection thing. You name it, we were into it. We tried our best not to look into black magic though, but being stupid teens, we tried to put curses on those we hate."

As you said 'being stupid teens' you forgot this...

"An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"

Goes hand in hand with the 3 fold law... What you 'put out' you shall receive 3 fold. Or perhaps I should quote that from the Rede as well...

"Mind the Three-fold Laws you should three times bad and three times good. When misfortune is enow wear the star upon your brow."

What you experienced was more than likely a manifestation of your 'misdeeds' come to Haunt you. My guess; you and your friend preformed (or tried to preform) just 1 curse? (You saw the Goat 3 times... Just a hunch)

I DO NOT think you saw Baphomet... This would have left more of an impression on you...

You are welcome to try my Cleansing (I will post it at the end of my comment) but it doesn't seem you need it as you have not experienced this again.

Please ask any questions you may have.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
it sounds like it could have been Baphomet. A statue of it is made and buried somewhere on the enemies property. Used in black magic.
VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
Well if I was a believer in the 'devil' I'd say he was watching you sleep. Being as how goats are supposedly his creatures and all.

However I'm guessing what you saw was a spirit who took the form of a red eyed goat to scare you. I am guessing it is a bad spirit... Not evil as all it did was scare you. Evil spirits and demons tend to be more...vicious.

If you need to do something to feel safe then I suggest Rookdygin's cleansing...I've heard it works wonders.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: