You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Something that Follows Me

Real Ghost Stories

Something that Follows Me

 

When I was younger I thought I was different. I would dream up things that would happen years later. As I got older I started feeling as if someone was always walking with me. When I got married, I lived in Brooklyn at 301 Cooper Street. One day me and my husband were talking and I was telling him that when he wasn't home, my air conditioner would turn on and off. He dismissed my claims and said I was bugging out. As soon as he said that, we both felt a chill and the bathroom sink turned on by itself. We were both standing by the bathroom and no one was in the bathroom so it freaked us both out. Then we broke up, I moved to Queens to 106-10 101 Avenue and funny things would happen there too.

I told my new boyfriend not to worry, I had a ghost that has been following me for years. He did not believe me. One day I went to work as normal and he came running to my job and said that the lights started turning on and off and my stereo started playing gospel music. He said he then unplugged the radio and it turned back on. Right now my daughter is starting to see the spirit and it freaks me out because she was never told of the spooky stuff that happened to me and she has been explaining to me things I've seen before.

I just put her to bed and she was screaming and I went up stairs and asked her what was wrong? She just told me the spirit went in the closet to the room in the attic. We have been in this new house in Millerton, N.Y. today 1 week and no one knew there was a door in her closet to the attic, until just right now when I moved the furniture that was blocking that door!

I haven't moved anything in her closet since we moved in I haven't been in there. There was furniture in there I said I would get to when I wasn't busy this week. Now I'm spooked completely. I need help!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, victoria wolanek, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Akemi (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-08)
get a paranormal investigator. They will help you deal with the spirit and find out why it is there. They will exorcise it for you. You should do this quickly, if this is still happening. Good luck
PCT508 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-29)
I agree with KimSouth0. Speak with the entity and make requests. When my couch used to shake, which was quite unnerving, it was suggested to me to speak out "STOP SHAKING THE COUCH." When I did so, the shaking would stop. Of course, not permanently, but for the moment it did.
IrishPrincess (2 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
One day, I went over to our neighbor's house where my brother was babysitting their 3 daughters. I hung out and watched t.v. And played with them. They went to bed. So my brother and I are watching t.v. When there is a banging sound coming from the basement and their 2 dogs began to howl. Being the big sister and he being scared out of his mind, I went down to see what if anything was happening. I got the dogs settled and went back upstairs. They we heard a crash, like a shelf toppling over. I ran up the stairs and nothing. The girls were SOUND asleep. As I turned to go downstairs, I could hear footsteps. I told whoever it was, that enough was enough and go away-I meant it and it knew it. So I thought-I get downstairs and one of the girls wakes up screaming-her sister in the next bed is SOUND asleep, telling me that the burnt man was in her room again. I sat on the dresser that he was at-which is next to a crawlspace. I could feel the hairs on my neck stand up, but nothing as if I were going to be hurt. Now, my brother was not letting me leave him alone. When our friends cam home, I aksed them if they forgot to tell us something about the house. The looks on their faces was priceless. They gutted the house and when they did that, they have seen a black dog running through the walls and left scratches on the back of one of the doors and a spirit lady on the stairs and a man calling out the wife's name when she would be home alone. They moved, and so far the people that bought it had no problems with it.
Nightshade (40 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-28)
Wow. That was creepy. You should get someone, like your Mom and Dad, to come and live with you. That way, maybe you won't feel so...alone. Ask them to get a job that doesn't last very long. Then, I can promise you that you'll feel safer.
sagemizu (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
Well since the radio was playing Gospel music maybe the spirit was good. But giving it energy to feed off of is pretty bad.
pahaunted (6 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-14)
Hey Victoria,
I have been working with a paranormal investigative group for the last two years. What sense do you get from this spirit? (evil or kind) had it ever hurt anyone? What does it look like? I have a ton more questions if you'd like to contact me at pahaunted [at] yahoo.com
I'd gladly chat in person with you.
I know I can get the resources to help you.

Thank you
GhostLuverrr90 (4 stories) (19 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-26)
Hi Victoria! I really don't know what to say about this I in my whole entire life have never had such an experiance but all I can say is pray and I wish you enternal peace and love...

Always and Truly, Ghost Luverrr90
Hada (36 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-26)
There's a strong possibility this spirit has followed you home, stays with you and dwells where you dwell. When you step in your house you should say "Bismillah" meaning in the name of God. Anything that has followed you home will not be able to enter. I recommend playing the following Quranic verse loudly in your home, any demons, jinn, really, will leave. This is no caretaker, particularly one that woul cause fright in a child. Close your bathroom doors and play this verse throughout your house. Hawkgirl, take note to say "bismillah" upon entering your home so the jinn do not enter with you. To protect yourself and child even further see if you can get " Surat Al Baqara ' the complete Sura recorded. Play it in your house, for 3 days, no demons will come near, even if you play it on low volume. A jinn terrorizing or aggravating humans will only leave when God is mentioned as that is the only thing he fears. This remedy will rid you completely:

Ayatul-Kursi

http://www.quran-online.de/audio/ayatal-kursi02.mp3
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
Victoria,
I understand what you're feeling. Now that your little one is starting to sense this stuff, I think the top priority is to keep her safe from all of this and the rituals posted here might help. I also think you should firmly stick to your beliefs and a prayer may increase your emotional strenght...

I will finish with a question, I'm sorry I'm using your space Victoria, but your story made clear to me that spirits can follow us. I'm planning on doing an investigation about a haunted place in my hometown but I'm afraid something unwanted may go home with me... Does anyone know how could I protect myself and avoid entities to follow me? I'm not going to harm or modify anything there, just take a few pictures and testimonies.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
try speaking with the spirit-entity. Comunicate that if it must stay near you, there are expectations and the things it is doing is frightenening your child and yourself.

don't know if this will work, but it is worth a try.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-23)
Victoria,
I disagree with Athena, It is never a good thing for spirits to remain earthbound. Good or bad they should be helped to cross over and be at rest. I am sure you have read several of the stories here and maybe even a few of the different tips for dealing with unwanted visitors. One I recommend is a Native Smudge ceremony, preferably performed by a Native Medicine Man/Woman, but can be performed by yourself. I have directions for such a ceremony here in the articles section of this site. You could also try and have both your family and your home blessed by your local clergy, though usually when you tell them you believe you are being haunted, they think you to be looney tunes, not always, but the majority of the time. You could try and wear a cleansed clear quartz crystal on yours and your daughters person, this helps to repell or absorb negative energies. To cleanse place it in a clear running stream or river, to charge place in the sun daily. Hope all turns out well for you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-23)
Hi Victoria! 2 things: It seems like you have "care-taker" watching over you. I usually assume that it is an ancestor or friend. You sound freaked by the incident, but are you in a hurry to loose the ghost? This ghost sounds not harmful. Has this ghost helped you? I hope that you let your child bed down with you for awhile until she feel safe and comfortable again, let her know that you will always protect her. If you determine this ghost is harming you, you can reach out to ghost experts. However, I am willing to guess, this ghost is not harmful and your daughter just needs lots of love right now. Second thing; Could this new house be a home to ghost (the ghost that frightened your daughter)? Do you have more than one ghost floating around; "sensitives" or psychics usually do.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: