You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Friend Emily

Real Ghost Stories

My Friend Emily

 

My first ghost experience that I recollect happened at the tender age of 13. I had just gotten home from visiting my dad in South Florida and was happy to be back in my room, to have my bed.

Overjoyed, I simply threw my bags on the ground and streaked onto my bed. Now, the way this house was build: My bedroom was connected to a private bathroom which adjoined to my brother's room also, making a "U" with rooms. Once on my bed, I could see the bathroom mirror. Oddly, I could not see myself in the mirror.

There was an older girl with darker hair and green eyes (I have blonde hair and blue eyes) which startled my a great deal. After a single blink, though, my appearance in the bathroom mirror could be seen. I ignored any scary thought (I was frightened very easily when I was younger, scaring myself was easy) and continued settling down for the evening.

Eating supper with my mother silently and getting ready for shower time. Now, I normally would bring the radio into the bathroom with me and sing throughout the entire shower, but decided not to do that that night. I sang whatever I felt that night and thought great fun of it.

While singing mid-shower, I heard a small voice ring, higher than mine, and quickly stopped. This small voice pierced the silence in my bathroom, freezing my body. I couldn't think. Here is another girl in my bathroom, singing. I felt slightly violated.

Finally I mustered up the guts to speak up. "Who are you?" was all that I could squeak out. I asked again and received a fading giggle. I didn't get energy from her until weeks later. She speaks to me often. Now, as a young adult, I feel her touching me and pulling me.

She sometimes holds my sleeve or just a finger. I don't mind. I call her Emily. She has helped guide me difficulties that I can't tell anyone about personally. I was raised in a house where ghosts aren't allowed to exist and you'd be exiled for telling stories as such, let alone telling them it happened to you.

Emily has been witnessed by a few friends who believe and even some who didn't (until meeting Emily and me). I have had a tough up-bringing and now wonder if it was Emily keeping me alive all these years.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tuesdey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tuesdey (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-19)
Now, to answer questions.
Peter, yes, I feel blessed to have her as a friend.

Calumpan and notjustme, It was for me too a little at first. But you really get used to it. I'm a total fraighty cat but she has never hurt me or bothered me so I got used to her presence easily.

Demonicsheikh, No, I'm a female and don't really "roll that way". Not that that's anything to discuss on here. She has accepted everyone I have in my life.

Miracles51031, I have just lived a rough life. 13 wasn't a good age for me, I wanted to die from ages 12-15 on and off, But nothing triggered her sudden arrival that I'm aware of. Emily just shows up periodically though not recently, which now thinking about it, I'm pregnant with a little girl... Use your imagination here...

Andrea22, He was playing games, felt her presence and turned around to see her indent in his bed. I don't remember if he said that she moved or not, but that friend's experience stood out from all others.
Tuesdey (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-19)
I'll post more stories with/about her soon. I'm not afraid of her. I've met several others but they didn't accept me like Emily.
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-09)
I'm just curious... How did your friends see her? Did they also feel a tug at the their sleeve or something? That must have been incredibly shocking, if they were not used to it like you were.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
Tuesdey - having read your profile, I have to ask if Emily only shows up when you are going through a tough period in your life or if she is always around? When you were 13, did something happen in your life that could have brought Emily into your life?
demonicsheikh (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
creepy bro.
I am truly scared. Do you have a girlfriend? Because you don't befriend with the you know what.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
i agree with Calumpan... That sounds awesome but I would be terrified personally
calumpan (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
... It's great if you have like that! But I didn't wish to have like that at all. It's scary for me!
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-07)
Hey Tuesdey,

I think its wonderful that you have a friend from the other side helping you out! It works both ways, she may have felt lonely for a long time and then there you were.

I love how you guys can talk to eachother! Keep us updated if you will...

Peter,

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: