You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Awkward Sensations

Real Ghost Stories

Awkward Sensations

 

I don't know what it is. Often times I tell myself it's just one of those uncomfortable feelings you get when a limb might fall asleep, but I'm not all that sure anymore. What happens is that I feel someone or something touch me. I know a lot of people have experienced that, but the difference (at least as far as I'm aware of) is it does not always happen at night to me.

My house definitely has one or more otherworldly beings in it, as I'm sure others do as well. All of my family living in this house has experienced something to some extent, even the dogs. We aren't afraid of what happens in the house because most of the time it is just tapping or knocking. I might post a story about those things some other time. I'm getting off topic, sorry.

Anyway, the thing that touches me does it at very random times. It is rarely the same place and it is not consistent.

Last year, around June, I was in the front yard of my house doing lawn work with my brothers. I have three brothers and I am the only daughter. I was pulling out weeds from the ground so I was on my knees and the youngest of my brothers was beside me doing the same. It was a bright and sunny Sunday, if that matters. At one point I stretched out to pull out a handful of weeds and felt something grope my butt. Of course it wasn't my brother because I could see him and what he was doing and he would never do that. It felt a bit like when your butt cheek falls asleep but also like someone was groping with a purpose. I jumped and told my brother, "I felt something grab my butt," and we just started laughing because it sounded ridiculous saying it out loud like that. It kind of tickled and well I don't want to get into too many details. In an attempt to stop it, I grabbed my own butt hoping it would stop the sensation but it continued for a bit longer before finally stopping. And that was that for a long time.

I can't remember any other times before or after specifically that I was touched because none of the other times were as memorable as that one. Also, that is the only one I remember happening during the daytime.

Last night is what prompted me to write this today. I was in my older brothers' room and we were watching a TV series on Netflix when all of a sudden I felt a warm hand press on the upper part of my outer thigh. It felt like someone was sort of holding me close to them and it wasn't sexual like the previous one I explained. Even though it felt nice it was still a bit awkward so I put my hand over the spot where the 'hand' was. The feeling lingered for a while then vanished.

The only other time I can remember feeling something similar was when I was laying on my side and it felt like someone was lying beside me with their hand on my waist. I don't know why I didn't freak out; I guess it just felt really comfortable. It was a really light feeling, like the being was barely there, a very light presence, not like an actual human body. I think I fell asleep with it, but once again this wasn't sexual in anyway, just really comforting.

The last two stories did happen at night time but one and a few other times it has happened during the day which is something I couldn't find while Googling. And it happens when there are people around.

Lastly, a few details about me just to see if any of you can relate. I'm 19, a girl and never been in a relationship. I only say that because I feel it might be of some importance. I don't have a distinct religion and I don't think what's touching me is an incubus. Also no one I know has died except for my grandfather from my dad's side. So that's about it. Tell me what you think and thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Michelledelkel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Merlyn9394 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
In your account, the old man with the hidden treasure stands out. You xhould try contacting him, he is trying to contact you, I feel.
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Thank you,michelle.Your write very beautifully. I am lookinb forward to your second story. Do include more pen pictures.
Peace 😊
Michelledelkel (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-17)
Hotrod13, I think keeping an open mind but to always question things you are unsure of to be the best way to go about the unknown, but that's just me. I am definitely a believer though.
You're comment has convinced me to write a story about everything that has happened. I think I would have to split it into two categories; things we have seen and things we have heard. I think this story covers most of what has been felt. The ghosties around here are more noisy than touchy. I will write some other past experiences and I will post here to let you guys know when and if YGS posts my story. Thanks for taking the time to read and showing interest! ❤
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-17)
Michelle,
Im not sceptic, but a believer. I would allways preffer being a believer. Life is much easier for the believer. I find lucy a very interesting person and I do feel she has psychic abilities.
Peace
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-17)
Michelle,
I feel the affectionate touching can be attributed to the old man. He seems to be a nice person.
The knocking scratching and unexpected sounds seem to be the work of another spirit which is a little naughty.
Then there is another spirit in the garden.
Keep posting, as we find your findings and incidents very interesting.
Lets us know the details of latest activies.
Peace 😊
Michelledelkel (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-17)
WishfulNull, Thanks for taking the time to read (I know I sort of wrote a lot).
Its good to hear some other opinions, so I'm glad I found this site. Now if I get bothered again I know what to do! It helps that I don't scare easily with these kind of things, but knowing what to do besides ignoring it is good too. Thanks for the kind words and advice.
Stay skeptical 😁
WishfulNull (151 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
Hi Michelledelkel,
Thank you for the additional details about the house - your aunt finding that book & burying it in the backyard may be significant, as well as the fact that many people (who your family may not know closely) have stayed there. Perhaps one of these people did something that would affect the energy of the home, which would keep spirits there. Thank you as well for being so understanding regarding the need to be wary of people claiming to be psychic. Lucy may indeed be the real thing, although of course I am too skeptical a personality to say for sure 😉 I hope that you are able to find some answers, and hopefully events stay benign and fairly friendly as they have been! It doesn't sound like it's trying to threaten you in any way, but if feel uncomfortable, do not be afraid to tell it this is YOUR house now, and to set some rules - for example "ok, I know you're there, but this house is MY space now, and you need to not touch me anymore." Or even telling it that it must leave is an option. Be strong, and claim your space if need be. Best wishes to you & you family!
Michelledelkel (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
Hotrod13,
Thank you for the info. I think I will try this the next time a spirit wants to bother me. For now everything's been pretty calm. I do not feel like the old man is trying to contact me; maybe just let me know he is here. Stranger things have happened that I don't think were the old man. I'm sure there is more than one ghost in the house. I only know a few things about the past owners. This house has already a lot of history for our family as my parents used to rent a room here before finally one day owning the house. What I have been told about this house is that an old man and old woman lived here, no children that are known of. It was a really messy unkempt house with all kinds of people who would rent a room. People were hearing things since the 80s or before.

WishfulNull,
Hello:) This house was built in the 50s and my parents were renting a room in the 80s. They shared the room with my uncles and aunts and their spouses (very crowded). Strangers that would come and go (also renting a room) would mention that this house was haunted and everyone would hear things at least once while living here. When the owners finally sold the house to my parents, they quickly began cleaning out the house. While cleaning the main bedroom, my very Christian aunt found a book that appeared to be of witchcraft or black magic. She was so scared she buried it in the backyard (I don't know why she didn't throw it away). Well we remodeled the house in 2003 and guess what? The book now sits under the house in what is now my parents' bedroom. Maybe that has something to do with what's here. Also where the supposed treasure is, is now the living room and we are not about to break our tile for some cursed treasure. But I wanted to mention that I am a skeptic myself and always question things, especially psychics and all paranormal. I never met the reiki master but I heard good things. Two of my cousins took some reiki classes and learned to heal. He only teaches reiki but he was born able to see the dead and auras and all that stuff.
The psychic lady, called Lucy, is very real indeed. While I still find it hard to believe in psychics, she has been highly recommended by all in that area. Lucy told a woman one time to go to the doctors immediately because she saw something like a tumor growing in her breast. That women went to the doctors and they were able to detect early sign of breast cancer and removed it in time.
She is the first psychic I have been to and probably the only one I will ever go to if I ever do again. All I can say is she is very real. She does not do cold reading and she charges a very small fee and takes her time with you. Lucy is as real as it gets. She only asks your name and if you want to know about your past, present, or future. The first time my mom went, she told Lucy to tell her whatever she wanted. My mom gave no information at all, just listened to her. What she told her was things from all points in time and left my mom in shock out how great she is. Lucy even predicted my oldest brother's wedding when at the time we didn't even know he was in a serious relationship, then a month later he told us he was getting married! I totally get what you're saying, though, and understand that you cannot just believe everything they say.
WishfulNull (151 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
Hi Michelledelkel,
Do you happen to know the age of your house? Perhaps this old man is missing his wife and family - a lot of the touching seems to be like a husband's playful grab, or a comforting cuddle at night, etc. He could be confusing the females in the household with his wife. I know that your mom seems to have a lot of trust with this psychic's explanation, but I tend to be skeptical of psychics...I'm not saying there aren't people with these gifts, but I think they are fewer than money-makers & people who profit from such things would have you believe! Maybe its just my inner sceptic coming out, but this person coming up with a buried treasure story sounds a bit, well, contrived. I definitely don't mean to offend, you or your mom, but please just try to be wary, in that regard. Perhaps you could do some research of county records or a local library to try to dig into the history & past owners? Also, keeping a journal of instances - including times & circumstances surrounding each happening may be helpful. Best of luck with your research into this mystery! 😁
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-13)
Michelledelkel,
Do you also feel that the old man is trying to contact you? I feel he is somewhat attached to the treasure and as he no body, he wants you to dig it up for him. I wonder for whom had he amassed a large amount of wealth and for what purpose.
Peace
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
Michelledelkel,
You can place a miniature pyramid on your roof or in your room. Mop your floor with salt or keep in a bowl. Use pine roomfreshner. These measures will stop unwanted knockings and sounds.
A mantra is a word, it canbe any word. But it should be some word your mind likes. Mind is very powerfull. Otherwise it won't work. So choose one which you feel is compatible with you. With a little practice you will great powers.
Heres my expierence:
There was a room in my home. Nobody could sleep in it at night. Music would come out of thin air. Something would come and try to strangle you. Only I was able to sleep in this room undisturbed because I was habit of reciting this mantra or call it what you want-YA WADUDU. It means the loving one. Its arabic and is one of999
Names of god. I came across this thing on the internet when I was searching the net for a word that could contain psychic disturbances. I myself am not an arab or a muslim. It may work for you. You can use the english term if you like.
Peace



R

😊
Michelledelkel (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
Hotrod13, I would be interested in the mantra.
A reiki master with psychic ability was giving my mom information about this old man a long time ago. The old man apparently buried his valuables in our backyard and wanted us to have it. The reiki master told my mother how to get the treasure but said that nothing is ever exchanged for nothing and he would want something in return. So my mom got scared and preferred leaving it. When my mom came back from Mexico she told us this and described the old man. When my second oldest brother heard the description he fell back in his chair. As a little boy around 12, he had seen this old man right where the supposed treasure is. He was leaning on the arch entrance to our living room, had overalls, a medium longish beard, a straw hat and a was holding a shovel over his shoulder. My brother is 23 now so it was a very long time ago. This all happened about three years ago by the way. I think I'm going to have to write another story of all the things that happen at my house. This morning my mom was awakened at six in the morning by knocking under her bed! These spirits are too playful.
Safia_LovesPandas (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
I agree with demonicsheikh because children often touch to show affection but I'm not sure about the butt cheek one:/ 😊
SilverWings1997 (guest)
-2
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
I would rethink the incubus thing.
I have read many stories on here about a incubus experience and some say that their really just comfort them and don't really try anything sexual.
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Can you describe the old man? Maybe he is the one who has been touching you in a non sexual way?
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-09)
I doubt if your butt fell asleep. I think there is a third spirit in the garden.
I suggest you research the history of your house.
I can suggest you a mantra if you are interested, its for protection and emotional strength and will help the spirits in crossing over.
Michelledelkel (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-09)
It's funny you would mention a child. I took a picture of a mirror in my parents' room a few days back and my mom said she could clearly see a little boy's face. I didn't see anything and I didn't want my mom to get to hung up on seeing the face that I deleted the picture. It's happened before when I took a picture of her mirror and headboard of the bed and an old man appeared in both pictures. It's a long story. Anyway, my mom is going to Mexico in May and will visit a psychic woman to ask about the old man. I didn't delete those pictures so she will be taking those, although this woman is so good at psychic readings, she doesn't really need a picture, just for good measure. Oh, and I am willing to accept that maybe my butt did fall asleep, but the other two incidents were very real.
demonicsheikh (55 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-09)
Well it maybe a spirit of a child because children often touch and show us their affection.
Michelledelkel (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
Just wanted to mention that I opened up to my mom about this a few days back and she says she feels she gets touched also. She has felt something brush her hair with like a finger. Also even my younger brother has felt things. Most of the time, with my younger brother, its like someone is throwing a small pebble at his neck. Its really weird, but then again strange occurrences are fairly common in my house. I haven't had anything bother me lately except for footsteps in the attic but could have been anything right?

This comment from demonicsheikh is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Hotrod13 (141 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
Very difficult to divine what the thing is. Could be there are more than one. It sure is one creepy feeling getting your end groped.
Whatever it is, it seems it doesn't belong a very high spiritual level. Just what I felt. I can be wrong though. I don't feel you should encourage such contacts. You should try bathing with sea salt dissolved in your bath and note down your feelings or experiences. Also meditate or pray a little before you go to sleep if you believe in a higher power. Or go to sleep listening to music.
Peace

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: