You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Sister's Supernatural Week

Real Ghost Stories

My Sister's Supernatural Week

 

So I stumbled upon this website on Google and next thing I knew, I'm reading ghost stories from the Philippines.

The story that I'm about to tell you happened and told by my older sister. The events happened to her when she was a few months pregnant and was living in Quezon City at that time.

So it started out when my sister got a call from our mom giving her a warning over the upcoming week, my sister asked why and my mom said that she did a "Tawas" (I believe its where you melt candle wax and pour it on a bowl of water to see what is wrong with the person and then do a prayer.) Anyways, when my mom warned my sister, she said that when she did the tawas, the form of the candle wax came out to look like a shape of a bed with a foot underneath it (meaning a spirit will come by and visit). So my sister didn't understand what my mom meant when she explained it, so she just shrugged it off and went on with her life.

Then when the week came by, she was alone by herself at her apartment (Her place is like a bungalow type apartment.) So she called my cousin to spend the week with her, my cousin is a strong woman and well prepared to what is coming. So my sister went out to meet with my cousin to where she was getting dropped out. As she went my older brother came with as well as my Auntie Flore. Now to describe my aunt, all I can say is that she's skinny and bony to my opinion. Back to my story, this would be the mark of the first day that my cousin is staying over my sister's place. As they were entering the apartment and my sister was last to enter, this is the weird part; when she came in last she only notice that there were only two people (my older brother and my cousin). Then she asked: "oh hey where's Auntie Flore, wasn't she with you? I could have sworn she went inside first". Both my brother and my cousin looked at my sister weird and my brother said: "What are you talking about, we're the only ones who came." (So who was that woman who came in then, my mom did mention a spirit would come by to visit.) And so as the day goes by. My brother left my cousin to care for my sister.

The second day my cousin stayed there, it was morning and usually the apartments would get a newspaper delivered to their door. To start my sister's day, she usually picks up the newspaper first, so as she opened the front door, to her surprise, there were these four kittens on her door steps. Here's the odd part, each kitten was missing a limb or have some sort of birth defect. Like one kitten is missing one eye, one was missing a tail, one was missing an ear and the other was limping (I know its weird so see something cute that has something wrong with it.) My sister was freaked out by it, she called my cousin, so when my cousin saw the kittens, she just shoo kittens away and just continued on with their day.

The third day my cousin stayed there, it was evening and my sister and my cousin were getting ready for bed. As they were sleeping they were awoken by a huge flapping sound and a loud thud on their roof. My sister was so scared that she started crying, then the loud walking thud followed with a the sound of "eek eek eek or tik tik tik" but it sounded like it was far away so my sister thought that what ever that thing was on her roof, so she was like: "It's quiet now, maybe that thing flew away" Then my cousin said: " gaga~ that's an mananangal/aswang, its still there (apparently, if you hear the sound tik tik tik from a distance, its means it nearby.) So as I said before, my cousin came prepare, she brought a bag. Inside it has a bag of garlic, holy water and a red fabrics (I was told that aswangs/manananggal don't like the color red) so this is was my cousin did, is pretty much put garlic on the window frames, on the bed, rubbed on my sister, hanged the red fabrics on the windows and on the bed and then sprayed holy water on every nook and cranny in the room, including my sister and they did the prayer. Next thing they knew, whatever that thing that was roaming around their rooftop, flew away.

The fourth and final day my cousin staying there, it was evening again and this time they were already in bed. While snoozing, my sister was awoken by the sound of buzzing sounds. It wasn't from outside but it was coming from the inside of the room. It was pitch black in their room, so as my sister's eyes were adjusting to the dark, she notice that the walls were moving. She woke up my cousin and when she turned on the lights. What they saw gave a fright of their life. It turned out the buzzing sounds and the moving of the walls were coming from ants, and they were everywhere (I mean as in infestations and the walls were almost the color black) all the walls were covered with ants, some were flying around. So my cousin took bug sprays from the bathroom and just sprayed everywhere until she ran out then switched to a rolled up newspaper and just killing every ant she sees. After that event, my sister got sick (she had these red marks on her body) and was taken to the hospital on the same night.

So that's my sister's week went by. Hope you enjoyed my story, I have other ones told by my families so stay tuned.

Thank You for reading

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, macelar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AshCat (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-20)
I am totally bummed out by the kittens part... I really hope this is fake.
lovebugs16 (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-14)
bugs everywhere huh, seriously. Like in the movies? I know some bugs that can possibly do that like the "gamo gamo" big flying ants I think but they are just somewhat attracted to a light. And it's not possible for them to appear in a dark room. There's a high possibility that the kittens are just a mere coinsidence and not a spirit manifestation or something. What jappened to aunt flore? Did you even call your aunt to check on her? And the "tawas" thing, It is something that can't be done by anyone. Is your mother a witchdoctor or something to have enough knowledge in doing this thing? What did the doctors say about your sister's condition? Having strange marks and such? I'm sorry I just found your story quite exagerated. You didn't give as mich information as needed which gave us a lot of questions and doubt about your story.

Before you submit your stories there will a notice about how you write it and make sure that your story is REAL. Thank you for sharing this with us though.
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
Oh Come on your Cousin found three kittens that was born with something and shoot them away that just Cruel I am animals lover and catslover that just made me feel sad your cousin should take them to vet to check on them not shoot them away like if it's the lepers that just cold. So I do believe what others posts say. I am not try be rude it just that it not right I am sure some post who a animals lover might say samethings.
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
Oh Come on your Cousin found three kittens that was born with something and shoot them away that just Cruel I am animals lover and catslover that just made me feel sad your cousin should take them to vet to check on them not shoot them away like if it's the lepers that just cold. So I do believe what others posts say.
Andreaa11 (54 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-09)
Felt like this "story" was just that. I agree with Rook, what happened to Aunt Flo? Did your sister call her to find out why she wasn't "there"? What was the purpose of the spirits visit? This part reminded me of a christmas carol, preditcting a "spirit/s will visit you". For what? She wasn't even concerned? Then the bugs? Are they common in her area these insects? Did someone leave a window open and they swarmed?
There are just too many questions and holes for me to believe in this, plus the fact you showed no concern for your sister and she seemeed so one dimensional in your description. So either you made this up, or you did not get much of an account off your sister. I think you should have got more information from her before posting this, because it leaves a lot to be desired...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-09)
We are not here to 'tell stories' we are here to 'share experiences', well at least that's why I first signed up. Sense then I have been offering advice, aid and my opinion on other experiences people have come here to share.

I also will quickly toss the BS Blankie from the back of the Miss Demeanor if I suspect an individual of 'telling a story' (which can imply it's fiction) rather than sharing a 'true experience' with the members here. (Remember Folks Puff Bayram is never far away. 😉

I do have some questions for the O/P...

Why do you mention your Aunt Flore? Did she come as well as your cousin or does she have nothing to do with this 'experience'...other than the fact that your sister seems to think she saw your Aunt entering the home?

"As they were entering the apartment and my sister was last to enter, this is the weird part; when she came in last she only notice that there were only two people (my older brother and my cousin). Then she asked: "oh hey where's Auntie Flore, wasn't she with you? I could have sworn she went inside first". Both my brother and my cousin looked at my sister weird and my brother said: "What are you talking about, we're the only ones who came."

As far as the sounds on the roof are concerned... What native animals might have made those 'walking...tik,tik sounds?

Then there are the ants... Are ants common in homes there... Or could they have been termites... And was it the time of year for termites/ants to swarm?

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
paul19 - honestly, we don't always know when someone submits a fake story. There is no fool-proof way of telling when someone is submitting fiction. Sometimes we have been able to figure them out quickly after they have been published. Others, though, may have slipped past us.

We have had some very talented fiction writers come through here, and some not so very talented ones too 😆
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
Interesting how many cultures use candle-wax readings...
Personally, I found this story to be creepy. The kind of creepy that makes you hope it's made up.
Macelar has marked this as "I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced," but I am totally unclear as to what help they are asking for.
paul19 (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
If it was fake I believe your ghost stories would not accept it they would know better. I'm not taking sides I'm just saying.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
To be honest, I'm in agreement with demonicsheik. I sincerely hope this story is fiction and an attention grab, because to hope people enjoy a true account of something like this just seems insensitive as all get out.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
and for goodness' sakes this site is called yourghostSTORIES.com. So, if we're not telling "stories" here I don't know what we're doing. 😕
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
Dear demonicsheikh: a "story" can be fiction or nonfictional. Lol I don't think the story teller meant it like that.
demonicsheikh (55 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
"Hope you enjoyed my story?!?!?"
So its fake? Because some people just want attention... And you sound like one in the end of the story.
Your sister is or was suffering and you ask people did you enjoyed my story?
This world is getting sicker and sicker...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: