You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Turned A Non Believer Into A Believer

Real Ghost Stories

Turned A Non Believer Into A Believer

 

So last week I was lying in my bed when I look to my right for my water bottle. While I was grabbing a drink, I saw a tall black figure of a man. I didn't freak at all, I was just thinking I was crazy.

My room is well-lit at night due to the moon shining through the three bedroom windows. I do not drink or do drugs and I sleep alone. This figure didn't stay still, it turned and walked through my closed bedroom door. I got up to see what just walked out of my bedroom door and it was nothing, but I noticed it was warmer then my bedroom, which is strange because I don't run A/C in my apartment.

I usually never remember my dreams but ever since I have had the most vivid dreams, not nightmares just strange. Some nights I wake up drenched in my own sweat.

Well, last night I saw the man again but I could see a face. I felt chills and felt like he was harmful. The face look pale and boney, but the eyes were dark. I felt like I needed to defend myself. I sprinted at him in a full tackle and fell to my face and just got to my knees and kept looking down at the ground. Out of nowhere it got cold and the hair on my back stood up. I felt like he was over me, I didn't look back for about 80 seconds or so. Nothing was there.

I went back to bed and I kept having dreams of this figure strangling me. I feel threatened.

Please help. This has never happened to me in my life and I never had such vivid dreams in my entire life. I feel like the next time I see this figure that he will show his strength and presence even more. Should I grab a camera and try to take a picture? I don't tell my friends or family because I know I wouldn't believe them if I never experienced this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 13thomas, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
13thomas,

Have you researched the property? Had any construction on/within your home?. I only ask these questions because they could help you with figuring out if this is a residual or intelligent haunting.

I also agree with the previous comments that an entity that shows itself as a black figure. I myself have run into spirits that are black but that is mostly due to the lack of energy that the entity is drawing in I have also had my run ins with demons and they tend to cause much stress,depression,anger when they are around people.

I do not believe that what you have in your home is a demon since it seems that it has not caused any real harm.

The dreams are caused by the fear that you have of the entity and if you watch any horror movies they also play into your unconscious mind causing nightmares and such.

I have dealt with Night terrors my whole life that take the cake since the pain and the marks from the night terrors enter my waking life. If you continue having the nightmares keep a dream journal and write down any information from the dream that you can remember after doing so look up the pieces of the dream on this web site http://www.dreammoods.com/ to see if your dreams are trying to tell you something. If this does not work use a dream catcher they really help.

Whitewolf
saint786 (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
Excellent choice Ibid, that will be the right thing to do 13thomas. Its good if you can replay the audio 3 times just before you sleep. 7 times would be the best. May God help you.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
Ibid,
Being unfamiliar with which verse you spoke of, I googled it. 😳 I found an English translation of the words, and it is really quite beautiful. Other's who are also unfamiliar may wish to look here:
Http://salmanspiritual.com/ayatul_kursi.html
Ibid (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
I advise you to place this Quranic verse loudly in your room before you sleep and nothing will befall you.

Http://www.4shared.com/mp3/zOL_hPdq/ayat_al_kursi.htm
ThatDay (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
Hi my name is maxine, my uncle had strange experiences with ghost and stuff and he took photos maybe you should to. My mum's cousin told me that spirits can't physically hurt the living. So I would not be so scared. If you decide to take photos show them to your family maybe they might recognise him and say he was an old friend or something. He could be anyone he might not be a threat but have the sense to you. For all anyone knows he might be there to protect you from something. I can't explained why you have strange dreams or why he was standing over you, maybe you should try and communicate with him ask him why he is here. Try and find out who lived there before you or who has died there.
stonegate3 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-13)
I didn't really believe in tales of ghosts and spirits and so on, until my recent experience of seeing an old friend, which I described in my previous story. Now when I look back, there have been several incidents which I have just brushed aside without thinking.
Recently I have woken in the night feeling either uneasy, or really scared, and although I have not seen anyone or anything I have had the really strong sense of someone being there. I actually switched the light on one night because I was so frightened.
This doesn't happen every night, just occasionally.
It seems odd that seeing my dear friend again didn't scare me at all, yet something I can't see terrifies me!
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
I was not going to get sucked into this...but:
Hotrod, when asked why you believe this would be the angel of death, you first avoided the question asked by Miracles. When asked by Rook you give the non-answer,"As regarding proof, try eating the pudding."
Another non-answer! Do you not know why you think this? Do you not realize how harmful and destructive such a remark could be to someone, whose faith, beliefs,background,and even emotional standing is unknown to you? In a nut shell, you are telling the OP that he is going to die. Nice. Real nice. He comes looking for help and support and you tell him "oh, it's the Angel of Death come to call," then offer NOTHING by way of explination, nor even some hope of it not being as you suggest.
To quote you,"As regarding your advICE you hit your head on the nail, rather you should hit the nail on the head." Maybe you need to heed that yourself.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
Hotrod,
When it comes to paranormal activity- one thing is certain. "There are NO absolutes" -anyone who says otherwise is suspect, whether fraud is intended or not. Reading one's account (of which may or may not be fiction) cannot possibly give you some type of crystal ball insight.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
Hotrod,

What do you mean by saying...

"If you feel the ops going to return, you have another think coming."

Really, really? Do you know something I, and other members, do not concerning the O/P?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Respectfully,

Rook
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
Rookdygin,
I am not pointing any fingers at anyone. I myself have offered funnier advice like not to engage azriel in a wrestling match.
Btw azreal is not a demon.
If you feel the ops going to return, you have another think coming.
As regarding your advICE you hit your head on the nail, rather you should hit the nail on the head.
As regarding proof, try eating the pudding.
Humbly
H😉
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
Hotrod,

Where is any proof that... "He is being visited by azeriel." As you have said?

My 'aid my seem a bit simplistic but screaming 'DEMON' is even less helpful. At least my suggestion could have a positive effect for the O/P and the environment in their home.

I'm just going to wait for the O/P to come back and fill in the blanks...

Respectfully,

Rook
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
No worries, Addie. You'll pick things up as we go along. When in doubt ask, someone will answer 😊
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
Dear 13thomas,
I am sorry that you are experiencing such a negative thing. With the exception of the 'man' trying to strangle you in your dreams, are there any other repetitive themes to them? A certain location, articles of clothing, etc? Really examine them, as it could very well be a warning of harm waiting to befall you. When you say you don't do drugs, I assume you are not on medication for anything either, so that would rule out hallucination caused by a new perscription.
Since you apparently live alone, perhaps you should invite someone to visit for a spell and see if that alters the situation any.
I totally understand not wanting to tell your family or friends about it, but perhaps you could talk with a local clergyman? Many priests, rabbis, and ministers will even over-look that you are not of their faith, if you seem in need. I am sure one would bless your home for you, and will hear you out.
FattyAddie (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
Valkricry-

Thank you so much for clearing that up! I really appreciate it! 😆
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
Hi Addie:
OP means Original Poster.
If you see something like this:
50505050 it means someone is trying to come up to the 50 word minimum for their reply! 😆
FattyAddie (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
I'm sorry, I'm still kind of new here... What exactly does "OP" or "O/P" stand for?
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
I most respectfully agree with narella. Some people tend to take a very simple view of a very complex issue. The o/p is going thruogh a difficult...Phase.He is being visited by azeriel. So let's act wisely and not make fun of his plight. I don't think op is going to return. He appears put off by our too'wise' attitude and comments.
Humbly
Me.
Narella (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
Rook: 13thomas came to this group seeking help. Telling him this was a manifestation of his stress and then offering a simplistic solution was not helpful. I know your solution has been beneficial to some. However, there is no one size fits all fix to paranormal problems. You've mentioned your cleansing method may need to be repeated. It isn't permanent. Sometimes when people rush into a cleansing it can actually make things worse. 13thomas needs to gather information and explore all possibilites. He may need to contact a reputable group or clergy for help. Doing these things not only empowers 13thomas but can help him probably find a permanent solution.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
Narella,

My suggestion was based on the information the O/P Supplied in his experience... And the fact that they were increasing in frequency and violence.

By ridding himself of negative energies/emotions and stress with-in himself and his home the strength and frequency of these experiences should be reduced and even possibly GO AWAY entirely. If they GO AWAY then the cause has been found and everything is good. If things still keep happening then research and Journal entries can help determine what is going on.

I'm not assuming anything, I simply based my comments and advice on the facts the O/P shared with us. Heck I even agreed it may not be 'stress' or 'stress alone' that has caused what the O/P is experiencing.

Hotrod,

Everyone knows that "AZRAEL" is Gargamel's Cat...😉

Respectfully,

Rook
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Pjod,
Maybe demonic wants to cumunicate that evil entiyis find bad odours, muck and slime inviting. 😊
saint786 (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Valkricry, Oh that's right a live rose. My bad:) Yes, for the porcupine quills its the same theory like the rose thorns curse. Question on how to get it? It depends where you live at, google to find out where to get it.;)
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Ah! Thanks 😊 Here we say a live rose. *shrug* But where does one get porqupine quills? (Nobody better say 'from a porqupine, either! Lol) I assume it has the same theory of the rose's thorn?
Very interesting!
saint786 (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Life rose means its not a fake rose, a real one. Its thorns said to be harmful to those "beings" that it was curse not to come near a rose. If you experience the same haunting problem in your house try it. No harm giving it a try. Porcupine sharp spine (quill) too.
AddisonRoseMae57 (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
I honestly think you should talk to it. Tell it that he should pass on, and that you live here now. If it escalates, call a preist or a deacon. Go to an expericened ghost hunter after all else fails. Good Luck.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Saint 786,
Just what is a 'life rose'? I've never heard of one.
she_28 (guest)
-1
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
I think the best way to get rid of this thing is to face it. Don't run away from it, and jump in to conclusions that you should do this and that for that thing to leave you alone. Get to know it more, what time it usually attacks, what it does, does it leave any mark on your skin like scratches, what's its weaknesses, then later on you'll find the best way to make it leave you forever.
I am saying this because I almost have the same experience as yours, only mine was worst. That thing used to attack me every 3-3:30 am, but there are times it would attack me in the afternoon, or during those times that I was physically and mentally tired. Nothing sexual, it just wanted to kill me and hurt my kids.
saint786 (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Heed my advice my friend if you really need help. Put a life rose or a porcupine spine (quill) in a small vase maybe something that able to hold it. One in the room you always sleeps in. And one in the hall in your house somewhere near your main door entrance would be good enough. I hope the best for you. And my advice for you never to be afraid of these things for that is the greatest weakness you offering it to enjoy at. Hope to hear good news from you.
saint786 (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Heed my advice my friend if you really need help. Put a life rose or a porcupine spine in a small vase maybe something that able to hold it. One in the room you always sleeps in. And one in the hall in your house somewhere near your main door entrance would be good enough. I hope the best for you. And my advice for you never to be afraid of these things for that is the greatest weakness you offering it to enjoy at. Hope to hear good news from you.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Oh Hotrod - seriously? I'm not even sure why I'm going to the trouble here, but what on earth makes you so certain this is "Azrael the Angel of Death"?

Either I don't understand your comments, and I freely admit that you don't make sense to me most of the time, or you frequently contradict yourself. I don't know whether it's to see if you can get someone to argue with you or what, but Good Grief Charlie Brown 😆
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
[at] caleb,
Its not a demon,brother,buf AZRAEL the angel of death. He is stronger than 1000
Men.
Peace

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: