You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Incidents In My House

Real Ghost Stories

Incidents In My House

 

My name is Isabelle and I am fifteen. I hope no one thinks that these incidents not real. I am not the sort of person to jump to conclusions and have only really thought about the paranormal these past few months after things in my house are getting more strange.

I moved into my house September 2010. In summer 2011 I first started noticing strange things. Now, most people will think what I am about to say is probably animals, I have not ruled that out but am adding it anyway.

I started hearing scratching in my wall. Usually a specific wall, though not always. On the other side of the wall is my bathroom which is always empty when it happens. I do live in the attic, so at first I was very open to it simply being an animal, however it got worse. My wall is not very thick, but the scratching and banging got very loud. It made it sound like a very big animal. It has started to wake me up very early morning and can go on for up to an hour. My granddad has checked inside the wall and there is no sign of animals. This is what has made me think of the paranormal. I also hear things moving on my chest of drawers. This scares me more as it is always in the dark and when I am trying to sleep. I thought it was the pipes at first and did not want to jump to conclusions, but I have woken up to things moved and even on the floor! However that is my least weird experience!

As I said, recently things have been a lot worse. Over the past few months I have started to see black orbs in the corner of my eyes, as well as shining ones in my bathroom once. This is always in my room, though I am not downstairs much anyway. I don't really mind. Though it is a mild annoyance, it never scares me. However, more recently within the past couple of months things are worse.

Just to explain, when I dry my hair in the morning I can see my bedroom door in the corner of my eye and in a mirror. Now, quite a few times I have seen my bedroom door open and a black figure walk in. To me it seems normal as my grandma usually wears dark clothes and with dark hair. I assume it is her, but I turn to say hello and my door is closed and there is nobody there. I have started looking in the mirror instead and sometimes my door opens in the mirror too. I have also had this happen when I am watching TV. I would say overall, I've experienced this a lot, about twenty times in the past six months!

All of this has really startled me quite a bit. Though for me this next story is the most startling. (Again, to me it is more annoying than anything, as there has been no malicious actions.) I had put my hair straighteners on and had just went to brush my teeth. I came back to my room, walked to the end of my bed (which was not near enough my straighteners to have moved them) and watched them move. They turned over, and the cable also moved as if someone was using both hands. It is not so much the movements itself that scared me but the sheer force it would have taken to do as my extension cord has many other plugs and I can hardly lift it.

I would not say I am very scared. I just really would like some advice if anyone has any, or wants to talk about other paranormal things:) Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Isabelle27, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lukerobinson (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
Um did you check to see if there was any wind or maybe a draft? As far as the shadow figure, I know what you mean, I had one that was I'm my fiancés moms house that was really tall. Try to connect with it or just let it know that that is your room and that they are not allowed to come in your room. I don't think it's intent is to harm you or anything.
WishfulNull (151 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
The part about sometimes seeing the door open in your mirror would really freak me out! But, on a lighter note I agree with the others - it doesn't sound malicious... Just acknowledge it and don't be afraid. If you feel the need to claim your space, or lay out rules for it, such as "ok, I know you're here, but you need to stay out of my room when I'm in it, because this is MY space now" or something to that effect, definitely have courage & say what you must to reclaim your space! 😁
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
Sometimes it helps to tell an entity "don't do X, it frightens/bothers me." For me, that usually works, only rarely do I have to get forceful with anything. Most human entities are kind of lonely, and crave interaction. After they've realized their actions are bothering the living, the decent ones will normally tone it down. The individual you're sharing the attic with doesn't sound like a bad sort, and is probably just waiting for some sort of recognition. Just a thought.
Isabelle27 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Thank you for all the comments!:) I'm glad people agree I shouldn't be scared as it encourages me to keep up my courage. I think I will try and get the place cleansed if possible. To valkicry thanks for you concern! I only have them in for about twenty minutes or so but I probably will try to only use one at a time:) and to zeta, my grandma is terrified of these things! If ever I bring it up she just says to be quiet and my granddad does not really believe me. However my boyfriend does as he is quite a spiritual person. I may go to church with him on Sunday and see if they have any advice too about blessing or cleansing:) Thanks again everyone!
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Hello Isabelle:

From your story it sounds to me as if you are a very reasonable person, particularly for your young age. I think you have considered many possibilities and I think that is the best way to start out. So many times people will hear a little sound and right away assume is is a haunting. So, it is refreshing to read your story. I also like your comment that you are not very scared. Many times paranormal can live off of our fear or negative feelings. Do your grandparents know about all of this? If so, do they believe you? Have either of them had any encounters with the paranormal?

Thanks, zeta.
CalebBrant (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Thats very cool. I think if your grandma wore black cloths then it is probally your grandma. 😲
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Isabelle27,
Interesting account. Rook has a cleansing method you might try, many on this site report great success with it.
You stated, "It is not so much the movements itself that scared me but the sheer force it would have taken to do as my extension cord has many other plugs and I can hardly lift it." Sounds to me like that could be a fire hazard (overloaded). Might want Grandpa to check it out just to be safe.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Hey there! I agree to whatever she_28 said. Ghosts do love attention. Show some courage but don't challenge it, things can get worse. Talk to your parents about it and if possible, get yourself and your home blessed. Be good. Thanks.
-Shady
she_28 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
First, CLEAR YOUR MIND AND BE OPEN MINDED TO THESE KIND OF THINGS- don't pretend that it didn't happen cause it will not help, keep in mind, ghosts or other unknown creatures, THEY LOVE ATTENTION, if you won't give it, they'll do things to get your attention.

Second, OWN YOUR PLACE. Show them that you aren't scared at all. Funny, that I learned this from my son when he was 3 years old. Our experience was almost the same as yours, only ours was worst. So my son did - at first, he was scared with this man (evil ghost), but when he got the courage to face this one, He shouted at him, "Go away, this is not your home! This is our home! And the haunting just completely stopped.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: