You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Sister's Double Upstairs?

Real Ghost Stories

My Sister's Double Upstairs?

 

I am new to this website and I want to tell you a personal experience of mine.

Well, we were just moving into our new house. It was very large and spacious. So, I was upstairs unpacking boxes. My sister, who lives in New Hampshire, came to help me unpack and everything. I was unpacking and going to get a glass of lemonade and I saw my sister across the banister that separates the flight of stairs and I said, "Oh hi, Leah." She didn't answer so I went downstairs and when I got down there I noticed my sister down there. I told her how I saw her upstairs and she swore she wasn't up there. Who was it that I saw upstairs?...I have no idea what happened and was completely freaked and scared.

Nothing else happened there. Never, to tell you the truth, found anything wrong with the house. It was brand new and beautiful. Once in a while the TV would go on and off by itself.

Maybe it was my eyes playing tricks on me? What do you guys think? Well, I moved out of that house two years later. Now I live in a new and happier home. Guys, can I have some feedback on this story?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, leahandanna, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

The_fascinated_sceptic (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-09)
[at] misstee4 I have seen that episode too, the family experienced so many paranormal events that they had to leave. No one ever lived in that house again.
Realcrazy5995 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-01)
The same thing happened to me too. I was in the kitchen early in the morning, me and my sister were getting ready for school. I went to go get a drink and I turned to see my sister standing in the doorway of the hallway. I called her name but she turned and walked back down the hall. I walked over there where she was standing but saw nothing in the hallway. I walked down to the end of the hallway and found my sister setting up her clothes for the day. But she said she hadn't been in the kitchen and was setting up clothes for the day. My sister is a heavy walker and she could not have walked down to the end of the hall that fast. There is nothing wrong with that house although a few strange things happened. But when we moved out, the people downstairs said they hear noises upstairs. Phew that was a lot.
WishfulNull (151 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
A very confusing event, it would have freaked me out too, no doubt! Ok here is a pretty far- out hypothesis...meaning, basically, it's just my guess and a brain working overtime 😁 Please take my theory with a grain of salt... Perhaps people who have very strong energy about them (created by their body chemistry, brain wavelengths, who-knows-what) have the ability to create so much energy that they can involuntarily "project" themselves, and appear in other places, and even possibly interact with "regular" people... Not that I'm a physicist or philosopher, but there are strange theories out there in regards to time, distance, and energy that might shed some light on something like this. If nothing else, maybe this could give you a little piece of mind that you're not completely bonkers, and that you witnessed a very rare event! Best wishes to you, take care & glad to hear you are in a house that you love!
ThatDay (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
I'v been reading alto of scary stories on this site and some are very simerler to yours. Alto of doubles and seeing another person that is not who they think. It sounds very scary.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-13)
I wouldn't have really took notice or read your story if it wasn't for the fact that I and a couple of others saw and communicated with what would be termed as a doppleganger of a living friend who was about ten miles away with a large group of people at the same time. We had seen him dressed in the same clothing the doppleganger appeared to us in so we didn't think anything of it. It spoke to us and reacted when we spoke to it so it was intelligent and the episode lasted probably a good five minutes so it wasn't fleeting. It had his memories or at least knew of recent events taking place at the time and acted like him in every way. If I had of been by myself I would have written it off long ago as a dream or my mind playing tricks on me. Obviously that could not have been the case. So could you have imagined it? Sure, I don't know what your mind set was at the time or how fatigued you were, or what kind of stresses you were under or how you deal with stress if you were under a lot so it would be impossible for me to say much about it other than from personal experience there can arise events that would be defined as doppleganger. I've read many folk stories of things believed in long ago and now question my unbelief. There may have and still be intelligence that exist on many plains occupying the same space as we. Who knows? I wouldn't bring it up in a crowd though, it sounds crazy just typing this.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-13)
Hello leahandanna, if it was only one time you have encountered such an experience, then I think there is no need to worry about. It might be your mind playing tricks with you. Because as Bluerose19 said, if the entity were to be present, then you or anybody else in the household would have definitely felt its presence. The TV problem, well that you have to answer because now you have moved into a new home and if you have the same TV, whether it works properly in the present house. It could electrical connection problem and if it is TV problem, you would have, by now, known it. I do not think it it paranormal.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
Hey there! I believe it was just your mind playing tricks with you cause maybe you were tired. Talking of the TV, well it happens to a lot of people, and when I say that, I don't mean they're experiencing something paranormal. Your story was good to read. Great narration. Glad you don't experience paranormal stuffs anymore. Be good. Thanks.
-Shady
misstee4 (21 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
no offense but this reminds me of a recent episode of paranormal witness where two sisters shared a room and she was talking to her sister upstairs in the bathroom off their room but when she went downstairs her sister was there getting her hair done,
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
** Correction In my last statement-

"Well,I think that's very much of an electricity connection problem. Try to get it fixed by calling over an electrician/TV mechanic and then check whether the problem still persists."
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
You have mentioned yourself- "Nothing else happened there.Never, to tell you the truth, found anything wrong with the house."
Don't mind but this statement does give me a feeling that may be your eyes or the mind were playing tricks at that time if it was only a 'one-time' incident. Had it been a spirit I am sure you would have seen/felt 'it' more than once,afterwards.
Your statement -"Once in a while the TV would go on and off by itself".

Well,I think that's very much of an electricity connection problem. Try to get it fixed by calling over an electrician and then check whether the problem still persists.

Thanks.God Bless.
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
I have also had the experience of seeing someone in a place where they would not be until several hours later. So it can happen.
harrypotterrules (59 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Some people have doppelgängers that are trying to cause something in that person's life. Maybe your sister is one of those people?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: