You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Black Figure And Other Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

The Black Figure And Other Experiences

 

I Moved to a Town called Casino (NSW Australia) in 2006 with 2 mates and because we didn't have a house to move into, we had to stay in a Pub. That's where the experiences started to happen.

It started with me waking up at night around 2am and seeing glimpses of a black figure in the room. This went on for a good week, but I shrugged this off as my eyes playing tricks on me.

Then one night I woke up and saw this black figure standing over my friend's bed. Thinking it was my friend, I shouted out, "What the hell are you doing?" and it turned around, walked towards my bed (at which point I was frozen, realizing what it was), hopped on my bed, walked up to the wall and stood there for a minute. Then it turned around and walked into the other room and disappeared. I never saw it after that.

Last year I was staying at my mother's house which is on 200-odd acres. I was mowing the lawn and the lawnmower ran out of petrol. I left the mower on the back balcony, which was directly behind my bedroom. That night I was staying at the house by myself and couldn't get to sleep that night. For a good 5 minutes all I could hear was the lawnmower trying to start itself.

After that, I only have had 2 more incidents (although small). Being woken up in the middle of the night to see empty toilet rolls, which I left out, stacked up on top of each other and the washing basket in the middle of the hallway, which I left the washing in the washing machine that night.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's opinion on this and thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, josh2010, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

josh2010 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-19)
Not sure how old it is but its not new that's for sure.
As far as I am aware no one else in my family has had any experiences that I know of.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-17)
josh2010: G'day from another fellow Aussie, these are some strange occurences, I am familiar with Casino (because of the horse racing).
Im assuming that your mum's house is quite old yes?
Has she ever experienced anything within the home? These occurences could very well be a helpfull spirit or a spirit that thinks "i wonder what they will think if I do this" you know something that is after a little attention, which from what you have mentioned I'm sure it got! I'm interested to hear more about this! Thanks for sharing.

Dan
josh2010 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
haha Well as I said in the post I thought it was just my mate at first.
WishfulNull (151 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
Well, I would say the black figure at the pub may have just been curious, or may have been trying to intimidate, but I imagine you shocked the heck out of it when, instead of acting afraid, you shouted "What are you doing?!" At it...Lol...that's actually an awesome reaction, and that part of your story made me bust out laughing! More people should totally catch ghosts in the act, when they're sneaking around & unaware, and make them accountable for their actions! 😆
As for at your mom's house, I agree with others, I think that one was just trying to be helpful. Best wishes to you! 😁
demonicsheikh (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
Congrats you just made friends in that hotel room.
Lolx. Hotel rooms are the most haunted places because different kind of people die there.
josh2010 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-13)
i meant when the last 3 incidents happened sorry not the last 2
josh2010 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-13)
ahhh sorry. Yeah I was at home alone when the other 2 incidents happened
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-13)
Lol that's not the question I asked. I meant were you in the pub or in your mother's house when you woke up to see empty toilet rolls and the basket? And were you alone with nobody in the house?
-Shady
eaglX (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-13)
I just need to ask: is this site another load of crap like creepypasta or is it legitimite? I ask because some of these stories sound a lot like the Slenderman. (I don't believe the exact "mythos" but something like it could exist and I think I may have seen it in a dream once when I was very young:P)
freddysgirl1984 (6 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
It does sound a bit like a poltergeist, with the lawnmower tricks and so on, but the crawling black shadow is probably some other apparition from the same spiritual "portal", one where they both were able to come through and actually bother you. Another note to add on, the black creature does seem very curious, but the shape description sounds like something I've never come across!

Blessed Be.
josh2010 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
HI thanks for the replies. Yeah that's my thought that it just wanted its presence known and it was attached to the Pub. As I said it didn't feel threatening at all. As for getting the history i'd feel a bit weird explaining why I need it haha.

Shady4u I woke up in Bed then went to the toilet when I noticed them.

If it helps the black figure didn't have any features at all. It was just a black figure in the shape of a person.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
Hey there! I've heard cases that the entity leaves right after it is noticed, after all ghosts do love attention and since you haven't seen it since then, I can conclude it meant no harm and just wanted its existence to be felt. I have one question though, where exactly did you wake up at the middle of the night to see empty toilet rolls stacked upon each other and the basket thingy? Hoping a reply. Thanks.
-Shady
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
Interesting story! Could be they are just letting you know they are there. Especially number one. Maybe it never returned because it was satisfied just knowing you were able to see it, or was not an entity that likes to be seen. The second home incidents sound like poltergeist activity. Lol, we will never know for sure. Thanks for sharing!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
Hi josh2010, I do not think that the black figure in the pub has got anything to do with your other experiences. The black figure might have been attached to the pub, perhaps. It might be residual. But I can't be sure. If possible, try to contact someone and why can't you investigate the matter.

I want to ask you a question. The first time you saw the black figure and the second time you saw, did the timings coincide? Just asked because I am still thinking it could be residual. Thats why I asked.

As far as the other encounters are concerned, it puzzles me. The mower trying to start by itself, the laundry basket, empty rolls stacked one over the other, I feel that something was trying to catch your attention.

But as far as your mom's place is concerned, you can very well ask the persons, who stay in that place, especially your mom. May be she could throw more light on the experiences you had. If there is any, please post it. But I do not think it is harmful anyway.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
josh2010 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
Its in a town called Casino (NSW Australia)

Night_of_Nyx Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Why did it all of a sudden stop appearing after I seen it?
HassaniSabbah (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
Thanks, I just have one question where is this pub you stayed in:)
Night_of_Nyx (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
So strange that after you straight up saw the shadow figure, it stopped appearing to you. I can't help but wonder why. Maybe it just wanted you to fear it, and for you to know it existed. I don't know. This is really interesting though. Keep me updated. I'd like to know if anything more recent happens. Warmest blessings.
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
Hi josh2010.

I don't think the black figure and your other experiences are the same entity.
My guess will be that the black figure will be connected to the pub you was staying at when you saw it. Do you know any history of the pub or if anyone else has seen this figure?
I would say that what ever it was seemed more curious rather than intending to cause any harm.
josh2010 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
I'm not sure if the black figure and the other incidents are tied together with the same spirit or what ever it might be.
she_28 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
He's just being playful and helpful at the same time. I don't think he's harmful. But the best way to do is to get a video recorder and let it record everything from the time you go to bed until the morning. 😁
josh2010 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Nah I have never experienced sleep walking that I know of. As for the washing The basket was empty and I left the Washing in the machine that night so yeah it did seem like it was trying to help so it didn't really Bother me at all.

As for the black figure it didn't seem threatening or anything So I don't know what to make of it so thought i'd post on here to get other peoples opinions.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Hi Josh,
I don't know what to make for the black figure from the pub, and will leave it for those my knowledgable then me to try and sort it.
How ever the things around your Mom's house sound 'helpful'. Or at least trying to be. Perhaps it was trying to start the mower in order to finish the job. It stacked the empty rolls to be more neat, and even brought the laundry up for you (hopefully it was dry). Although (except for the lawn-mower) could you have possibly done the others in your sleep? Perhaps feeling a bit guilty over not having taken care of them before sleep?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: