You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Son's Guardian Angel

Real Ghost Stories

My Son's Guardian Angel

 

This is my first story and it's very difficult so please go easy on me.

My stepson "Alex" committed suicide 3 years ago at the age of 16. He was a handsome, loving kid who was suffering in silence. The night he died, I knew something was wrong, call it 6th sense. He left behind 2 younger brothers aged 14 and 8. The youngest being my son, "Marc". Needless to say, his death left us all heartbroken and full of unanswered questions.

About 3 months later, my husband, the kids and I moved as we could not live in that house anymore, too many memories. Some time in October (Alex died in June) I woke up in the middle of the night, fully awake with the urge to look out (we slept with the door open, our son Marc's room was directly across from ours). I turned my head and looked out. Right in front of Marc's room (his door was also open) was the image of a person. I could only make out from the shoulders up, the image was fuzzy but I recognized who it was right away... The height, hair... It was Alex! I was not afraid in the least bit. I stared at him until he faded away. I was a bit shocked, but not afraid. I turned to my sleeping husband, hugged him tight and went back to sleep. I did not tell anyone about this as I thought they would think I'd lost it.

I have felt him a few times after this. I have had some really unsettling things happen to me recently and this time I'm actually scared. I don't want to think Alex would scare me but I wonder if my interest in the paranormal has opened me up to other "things".

As for Alex, I think about him every day. We love him and miss terribly. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, trucha, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Teenwolfforever (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-08)
Im so sorry for your loss and hope he rests in peace. I know losing a loved one can he hard. My question is, what were some of the 'scary' events you mention in last paragraph or so?
Isabella_Morgan (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-18)
I am very sorry for your loss of Alex. I think that you are right and that he must be your sons guardian angel.

Love,

~Isabella ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-18)
Yes Trucha I'm also sorry to hear of your familys loss, losing a loved one it is never an easy thing to deal with, I do hope he moves on to where he needs to be, that being where other past loving familys are waiting for him. I think he may be around just to say farewells etc and you may be the only one sensitive enough to perceive him, also to answer your question just having an interest in the paranormal can open doors. I wish you and your family all the very best for the future!

Dan
trucha (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
Valkricry, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your post rang so true to me and brought emotions out that I try to quiet down. Sometimes I think that was a lifetime ago, and other times I can clearly hear his voice and expect him to walk through the door. No one could have described this better except someone who's gone through it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
trucha (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
Thank you for all your kind words for our family. My grief is nothing compared to my husband and Alex's mom grief. We will never know why he died as he left no note/letter. He was just a very quiet teenager.
We now live in a different home than the one where this occurred, I constantly hear strange noises in my room at night like knocks on the wall and my tv "pops". When I'm trying to sleep I often feel that if I open my eyes there will be someone standing in front of me. My husband works nights so I'm alone.
It is very unsettling. I had an experience about a week ago that I will be posting tomorrow as its late and I'm work early mornings.
I cannot express my gratitude for all your kind words, especially from those of you who have lost a child. I'm so sorry for your loss also and I send you all a hug ❤ ❤
WishfulNull (151 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
Thank you for sharing with us, this story touched me and while I am new to this site in that this is only my 2nd time commenting, I hope you can take some comfort in being embraced by the commenters here. If there are disturbing things happening to you, please share, so that people may try to help you... Your son loves you still, and I don't think he would knowingly do anything to cause you distress. Please take good care, and may you take comfort in the happy memories you have, and the pain slowly fade with time. You will always hold him in your heart, and learning to find joy again is not a betrayal of him or his memory. If he is still checking in, he wants you to be well. Wishing the best to you and your family. ❤
demonicsheikh (55 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
please answer my 2 questions What was the reason for his suicide? And was he happy with you?
Sorry for my questions.
Most people who die unnatural death (from sickness,suicide,murder or accident) often wander after their death. Sorry for your loss.
Mercy13 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
I am so very sorry for your loss.
I love that you shared your story!
ShadowHawk (1 stories) (9 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-04-13)
I'm sorry for your loss but if you are afraid you should do something about it like get an exorcism because for all I know it could be a demon who resembles your son to trick you its just a possibility.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-13)
I'm sorry for your loss. In times of sorrow and loss people are more open to belief in things they normally would not, and wishful thinking leads to great stretches of imagination. I don't know how the ghost thing happens. I do know it says in the bible of (only a couple of times so don't think it happens all the time) those who had passed were seen by the living, but only for reasons that would benefit the word or Gods message not just chillin with the living. I do know that humans "DO NOT" become angels although since the angels of God can assume the appearance of humans that the fallen angels influenced by lucifer can too. Again, sorry for your loss, but keep a reign on any possible reasons for you coming out of rem state and seeing an apparition.
watermoon (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-13)
Thank you for sharing your story. After reading your story I am just full of emotions. I know that people who have had someone close to them die will sometimes become more aware of the afterlife. My opinion is that when someone close to us dies it causes us to "wake up" and we become aware but not everyone though.
jewelre (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
Sorry for your lost. I think you should tell your husband, maybe he sees him too.
michael73 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
Hi every one, am new here, my first time making contribution. Am sorry about your loss, but it is certain that such souls must wonder, and they are unclean spirit, in this case he took his own life an must be in regrets. I believe in praying for the dead to have rest, you should be prayerful, try to read the second book of ESDRAS chapter 7 verse 75, then you can tell what is actually going on with his soul.
KatalinaMesaru (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
I'm sorry about your loss. Alex is watching over you because he feels regret for leaving his family behind. You thinking about him, shows him that you miss him and love him. Alex will watch over you until you die unless you want to get rid of him. If you want him to go away for good, talk to a pastor. I hope that what I have told you, helps. I did not know Alex, but I've had many experiences like this.
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
I am so very sorry for your loss. It must be hard not speaking about your experiences. Is there a friend you could speak to? Do you have a minister or priest you would feel comfortable sharing this with? I hope you find peace soon.
Freya123 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
Hey I find this very "loving" we all hope that your family will be okay 😳
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
Dear trucha, at the outset I convey my feelings to you on your loss. Yes as Val it, losing your loved ones especially a child, is never going to be easy and the world is totally different after your loss. I am sorry to say this. But the pain would be there until the lifetime. As far as the experience is concerned, I feel that, I don't know you should tell me, Alex was quite fond of Marc and that's why he was present to just see him that he was ok. I don't know about the circumstances leading to his suicide but I feel that still he loves you all. That is why he is making his presence in the house. Love goes beyond life and death.

Please also share the unsettling things, may be we could help our little bit.

Nice narration and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+4
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
BJJ and others,
I am moved to write this about the grief a parent feels over loosing a child. It is a deeper pain then that of loosing simply put, a loved one. It is loosing hopes and dreams for a life to come, and loss of what was. It is a pain that goes so deep, that it becomes an echo in your soul, and it carries with it its own time frame that can not be assigned to a calendar. There are times it seems like it was another lifetime ago, and others when it is as fresh as yesterday. No, it never really goes a way, nor does it truely lessen. But we do accept and manage it, as we learn to move forwards again.
I have lost my parents, siblings, other relatives and some very dear friends... And none of that prepared me for the depth of pain loosing my son caused me. He too was a suicide, and that brings in a different pain and sorrow to deal with. A bit of guilt and frustration as well as questions without answers. I'm one of the 'lucky' ones in this type of situation. My son's and my last words were "I love you." And I knew I had done everything a mortal can to save him. So many do not get to have that.
Three years may seem a long time, but in cases like this, it's totally understandable. Someone once said grieving takes 5 years...it's different for everyone.
BJJ - in case you're wondering, there was no harshness in your post. It was very thoughtful. I am just hoping that perhaps, this might help others understand a bit better.
Trucha, if you see Alex again, simply whisper that you love him. I promise you, it will do you both a lot of good. ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
I'm very sorry for your loss, and hope that you and your family's hearts will mend soon.
I hope I don't say anything that seems harsh, I've always been bad with emotional matters. I'm apologizing in advance if something comes across wrong.
You lost him three years ago, but it sounds like you're still holding the grief in your heart. It's never going to completely go away, but it should lessen over time. It's not good for us, or for our departed, to hold too tight to grief. He could be staying close in an attempt to ease the loneliness you're experiencing, but if that's the case he may be holding himself back from his afterlife. Try to let go, to not hold on to the grief. Sometimes our loved ones are hesitant to complete their journey unless they know we will be ok without them.
Best wishes to you and yours.
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
I have no answers as I am here to learn. But I join the others in offering my sympathy, Trucha, and my hope that Alex is indeed here to protect you and your family.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
Oh I am so sorry for your loss! I'm so glad you had the opportunity to see him checking in on you and your son. God loves all his children and takes in all who are suffering. I truly believe that in his love for us he allows us to come back and peek in now and then. Maybe, Alex was there to comfort and, protect, if he knew things were about to start happening around the new home. I'm sure you have your reasons for not telling anyone about seeing him, is your husband a great skeptic, or do you think it would bring sadness rather than comfort to him that Alex checked in on the family? Please do feel free to tell us what is going on that is frightening you, you may find sharing will help someone assist you in calming the home.
Best wishes and thank you for sharing.
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
I have a hunch that its not going to be smooth sailing for sometime. Alex appears to be warning you of the tough time ahead. I can be wrong though.
Respectfully,
H
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
I am so very sorry for your loss. That is one of the most terrible things a parent can go through.

I hope he can move on, but maybe he came back for forgiveness? People on here have said that to me.

In any case, I hope ALL of you can find peace. It sounds like it is still a tender time at the moment.

Peace to you all ❤
_Wraith_ (8 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
The incident was heart warming rather than spooky. But I liked it, very much.
Jeneva (5 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Okay gogji 19 I don't think your a giant monster. Giants died when the great flood happend. Excuse me but what "other" things do you see Trucha? If it's scary its best not to tell me or us. But I think you should pray to your son/s if anything happened then you should hope that they go to Heaven. The saddest thing that ghosts experience is that they have to do something before moving on into the place they supposed to go. Needless to say that maybe he just wants to say hi or he has to do something before he goes to Heaven.

The saddest thing that ghosts have is that they don't know their dead. 😢 I hope he moves on very very soon.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Dear Trucha,
First, I am sorry for your loss of Alex. I know what it is like to loose someone like that, having lost my own son. If you need to talk - my email is on my profile.
In order to help you with what is going on, I think you need to be a little more specific as to what is happening to scare you. What kind of activity is going on?
~Val
goji19 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
😢 He Did Not Derserve To Die. This Is Sad Even For A Giant Monster Like Me!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: