You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Are We Stalked By Spirits?

Real Ghost Stories

Are We Stalked By Spirits?

 

I have been dating my boyfriend for a year and a half now. When we first met I noticed one morning that he had 2 big scratches down his back. He then told me that he has always woken up with random scratches. These scratches are also in places that he could not possibly inflict on himself. Some are deep and last for weeks. Some even leave scars. As long as he can remember he has always felt a presence of some sort around him.

Once, when he was younger, he was sitting in a car talking with a friend. They were alone talking for about an hour. The whole time the car was shut off and not operating. She started talking to him about ghosts. My boyfriend told her that he gets uncomfortable talking about such things, since every time he does something unexplainable always ends up happening. He started to feel uncomfortable and agitated. Then all of the sudden the motor for the automatic window in the back drivers seat started humming loudly out of control. Then stopped.

Strange things started happening around me since he started staying with me... I had lived at an apartment with friends for about 4 months prior to meeting him and never had any prior experiences with paranormal situations myself. One night we had fallen asleep on the couch. While asleep, I felt three hard nudges on my shoulder. I then asked my boyfriend to please stop... I felt one more harder nudge. Frustrated, I turned to him to tell him to stop and saw he was asleep.

I had then moved in with him into an apartment. When we first moved in, during the day, we were inspecting our new place. Walking through the kitchen, towards our bathroom and bedroom area, we caught a quick glance at what appeared to be a dark shadow the size of an adult cat running. It didn't come from around the hallway corner. It just seemed to appear and then very quickly made its way behind the refrigerator and disappeared. It appeared so life like that it startled us both and made us both stop suddenly. We looked and there was no animal or anything behind our refrigerator. Not even a space to which it could escape or hide.

He would work out of town all week. My sister was over and we were cleaning. I was in my bathroom and saw a quick black shadow go past in my mirror. (Heading down the hallway into my room.) Thinking it was my boyfriend surprising me by coming home early, I ran into my bedroom and no one was there... I walked out into the living room where my sister was and asked her if anyone had come inside. She told me no. My boyfriend wasn't due home for another two days. He surprised me later that night by coming home.

My sister had stayed with us for a few weeks. She was sleeping on the couch one night. My boyfriend had just arrived home from working out of town all week. (Mind you, nothing happens while he's away. Only the days he returns. Or the day before he returns.) One night, while she started drifting off into sleep, she was startled by the television flipping through channels. Then went off. She was so frightened and came to wake me up. I told her the TV was fine and to go back to sleep. She slept with the lights on. A few days later, my boyfriend and I were leaving the apartment. We shut off the TV. We turned around to walk out of the room and it came back on. We shut it off again and left. We had no other incidents with that television.

One time I had went with him out of town. It was dark out, about one in the morning. He would have to drive down some dirt roads in Westport, NY. There was nothing but woods and a few houses. He had to pick up and drop off his company vehicles there. We were unloading our stuff from the company vehicle into our truck to head back home. I then heard whispers coming from the woods across the road. At first, I didn't pay any mind to it. Until I heard it the second time along with some movement and grabbed hold of my boyfriend. He asked, "What? What's wrong?" I said, "Shhhh. Did you hear that?" He told me no. He hadn't heard anything. I was so scared that I had jumped into the truck through the drives side because I did NOT want to walk around to the passenger side.

The most frightening thing that recently happened that made me believe him was an incident involving my own child. We were staying at my fathers house. The upstairs is open. Kind of like a loft. My boyfriend had gotten up to use the bathroom. I did not feel him get up out of bed nor did I wake up when he had turned on the lamp. I did, however, wake up to see him staring at the bed my son was sleeping in, kind of crouched down. I then asked him, "What are you doing?" He told me "Nothing, I have to go to the bathroom." He went downstairs, used the bathroom and returned to bed. The next morning I asked him why he was hunched over staring at my child last night? He then asked me if my sister had come home in the night and crawled into bed with my son? I told him no. She had been gone to her boyfriends for the past few days. He then told me he saw the outline of a small body laying covered up in bed next to my son, with its back to my son. He said he had the strongest, almost uncontrollable urge to reach out and touch the leg of whom he thought was my sister. But then reason came to play that it would be weird if he had touched my sister in bed while she was sleeping, so he didn't.

One night, we were walking down my fathers road. We were in an argument. It was dark and I wanted to go back to my fathers house. We were approaching the only street light at the end of the road. I heard noises in the woods and at first, brushed it off as animals. Being from the North Country you get used to some noises. I then realized these weren't animal sounds we were hearing... I looked and caught a glimpse of a woman stepping out of the woods towards the road. Towards us. I ran... I didn't stop until I reached the street light. I was terrified. I had never seen anything like that before. He told me to calm down and keep walking. I refused and called my sister to come pick me up. We were two miles away from my dads. I got into the car and left my boyfriend there... He then called me saying he was walking back. Then he screamed and the phone sounded as if it was thrown. He called me back and begged me to go get him. I picked him up at the end of the street. There were three deep scratch marks down his face. He then told me, while extremely shook up, that the phone felt as if it were ripped out of his hands. I then asked what happened to his face? He was unaware of the marks but said he felt a burning sensation. He looked and became even more frightened to see the marks on his face.

I see shadows. Once, at night at the end of my bed. We now live in a different apartment and have strange things happen here as well. Doors opening right in front of us. With our closet door you have to actually turn the knob to open it. It won't just pop open. But some days, you hear the knob jiggle and actually SEE it turn. Then, it slowly opens up. No wind or anything else interfering.

Is there something or things following my boyfriend? It doesn't seem as if it's the same spirit. Sometimes we don't feel threatened, while other times we are terrified. Does my boyfriend attract things that we can not understand? Or is this something else?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SammieJoe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

karen_Ghostfighter (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
Hi. My name is Karen Daborowski. I am a researcher for Sirens Media located in Silver Spring, Maryland. Sirens has produced countless award-winning and top-rated programming in the unscripted/reality/documentary space. Some of their clients include, the BIO channel, TLC, Bravo, A&E, Discovery and HGTV. You can go to their website to learn more about them- www.sirensmedia.com/

The reason I am reaching out to you is because Sirens recently launched a one hour documentary style program revolving around people's experiences and encounters with paranormal activity. I read about your experience and thought you may be able to help me with my research and want to share your story.

Please email me if you are interested.

Sincerely,
Karen
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
Sammijoe: I had one more thought. Does your boyfriend know if anyone in his family used a Ouija board before or soon after his birth?
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
I feel so bad for your boyfriend. You mentioned this has been going on for as long as he remembers. Does he know anything about the house he lived in as an infant and small child? Did he have any health scares when he was very young? If he could find a reason why he's such a magnet, he might find a way to stop it. I admire you for sticking with him. However, you were right to leave him there when you saw the woman coming out of the woods.
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
[at] Hotrod take a hike your comments add nothing to the conversation. I'm sick of seeing your idiotic comments!

[at] val don't apologise youre trying to help which is a good thing so thankyou

[at] SammieJoe I don't know what to say but try val's suggestion of Rook's cleansing method. I have heard it is excellent for helping with the unwanted (I do apologise here if that's not the right word have a lot going on which is taking half the brain power!) 😊 Personally I haven't tried it but intend too as soon as possible 😊
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
Hi Sammiejoe,
Thanks for filling in the gaps for me 😊. It makes much more sense to me now. I can understand a vanishing woman upsetting you, and sometimes things like that send out, what I call a 'creep vibe'. Add into that you had been arguing and his not seeing the woman and his denial, I can now see how you really had no choice. Maybe next time (hopefully there never is one) he'll listen to you. But yeah, given these additional details, I totally get it now.
Given his denial, I'm not sure what can be done to help him. In order to be helped a person has to want and believe in the help. From the other things in your account, he does seem to be a catalyst for spirits. A fellow poster here, Rook has a home cleansing/shielding method, that many on here swear by. I'll copy it here in a second, but I would also suggest getting some amythest crystals to place around the house and perhaps a bit of salt (in a line) around any openings in your home (doors, windows), you don't need to use a lot, just a sprinkling. If you are religious you might ask for someone to come bless your home too.
Here is Rook's Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

I do hope this is of some use to you. And again, thank you for adding the missing details for me.
Bornparanormal (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
Hi I am Ashley or ash it doesn't mattering am 14 and t I would like to know has your kid or kids seen anything like the woman or anything at all um... Plz email me
SammieJoe (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
Val- I do apologize as well for leaving things out. I have to remember that others don't know everything and I need to add the small details. If you have any other questions I will gladly answer them.
SammieJoe (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
I do ask that people do not argue over this. I will answer questions. But arguing over something someone asks help for, isn't really helping... Thanks.
SammieJoe (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
Val - The woman didn't look like a "normal" woman. I don't know how to explain it. She had wore a dress, no shoes... It was early (like 1am) in the middle of the woods. No houses around. And she was gone when I looked back. (which is why I stated "I caught a glimpse of a woman") So it scared me. We were arguing (which I stated) the whole walk about personal things and I wanted to go back since the beginning of the walking. I had called my sister who did pick me up. I asked him to come with us but he was still mad and did not see the woman so he didn't want to go back. He wanted to walk to our apartment which I didn't want to. I did tell him what I saw, but he likes to not think or believe because if he does he says the strange things happen worse. When I was picked up, we were two miles down at the end of the road (which I stated) so by the time he had called I was already at my dads house. The whole time I was back I asked my sister if I could borrow her car to go get him. Especially after his first call that got disconnected. I didn't want to leave him alone, but I was scared. I don't know why "the woman" scared me. She just did. When he called the second time, I was already getting into my sisters car to go get him. I picked him up and we both returned to my dads.

I hope this answers your questions...
stonegate3 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
I believe that spirits speak to us in different ways. I knew a lovely lady who sadly died when she was quite young, around 45 years old.
My friend used to know of a spot where violets grew, and one day we decided to pick a bunch and take them for this lady who was desperately ill at the time.
Her face lit up when she saw them, and she said "Purple violets! I love them! When I was a child we had white violets too!"
I remarked that I had never seen white violets, only the purple ones.
A year after she died, we went back on a walk to the same place and I said "I wonder if the violets will be in bloom yet?"
My friend said "Can you remember Helen saying she had seen white violets when she was young?"
We approached the spot near an old stone wall, and saw that the violets were indeed in full bloom, and right in the middle of a mass of purple blooms, was a small patch - of white violets!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
Val: No apologies necessary! I can take anything this little *sigh* lamb can dish out. Hugs right back at'cha 😊
FattyAddie (1 stories) (11 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
Thanks Val! But like Badjuujuu said, no apologies needed:) But hugs right back! I don't mind being a member of a pack as long as I don't get any fleas LOL. 😉
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+5
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
Val, never apologize for the actions of others. Apologies assume responsibility, and you are in no way responsible for the things dear Hotrod says. He enjoys trolling, and every so often I like to take a nice, sharp stick and poke a troll. I guess that makes me a troller of trolls. 😁
I second all your questions about this account, it just doesn't add up. I consider myself more of a lone wolf than a pack member, but I will happily join a pack long enough to stand with someone who I believe is right. Especially if I get to troll a troll. Hugs right back atcha! 😊
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
+4
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
Granny, Addie, and BJJ,
I apologize to you all for the blatant attacks of Hotrod, made on you because he evidently sees it as you defending me. Obviously he believes that by attempting to upset or bait me into some kind of argument would serve some purpose. But that will not happen, simply because I will not enter into a battle of wits or knowledge with a defenseless person. I urge you all to consider the source, and take no heed of his chidish displays and bids for attention.
If sticking up for others when I see the need, and asking questions for clarities sake (no matter the format I use to be sure the OP can follow me clearly) makes me a 'pack' member, then so be it.
Hugs to each of you for being there for me.
~Val
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
WOW... What a cool story, it gave me the creeps... I wish my girlfriend was posessed like that, it might give us something to talk about...
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
Hotrod dear, you show your true intelligence and character with every post. Have a good un.

This comment from Hotrod13 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

demonicsheikh (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
Stop fighting all:-P
Some things might sound off but remember that we are not authors. Just normal guys trying to share our experiences.
This is not a contest for best writing. Some people including myself only remember part of the experience and try to describe it.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+6
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
Can't believe I'm piling into this, but...
Hotrod, you advise the OP to go find a Wiccan cleansing ritual online. That is highly irresponsible. There are so many misconceptions about Wicca and what is involved in Wiccan rituals that doing an online search could lead the OP to some very un-Wiccan solutions. If you personally know a Wiccan and/or Pagan ritual, give the proper steps to avoid confusion for the person you're giving, um, advice (?) to. Please know what you're talking about before you talk.
Also, "occult" and "paranormal" are not interchangeable terms. Again, know what you're talking about before you talk. A little research won't hurt you, and it would do you a world of good. Go read a book, or twenty, and come back when you've learned enough to know you can always learn more.
JuuJuu Wolf, out.
FattyAddie (1 stories) (11 posts)
+8
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
Hotrod: Please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't being interested in, as you say, the occult (I prefer the term paranormal myself) also mean to try to debunk anything that is fake? And in doing so, wouldn't one want to ask questions for clarification if something doesn't make sense (as you put it, being a sherlock holmes wannabe)? It seems that on most of your posts you seem to be absolutely certain that you are the most absolute correct on everything, even though over half of what you say makes no sense at all. NO ONE is ever 100% fully aware or "in the know" of everything paranormal. And, please show me where she copy and pasted her remark from, since what I see is questions in direct relation to the op's story, and is not a repeat remark from somewhere else. It almost seems as though you would like for the "wolf pack" to come breathing down your neck, as someone who says something like that is obviously fully aware of what may happen when saying such things.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+6
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
Hotrod: Granny Wolf, here. It seems as though you have somehow reached the conclusion that YOUR opinions/questions/advice are the only ones on this site that bear validity. You should really rethink that mindset.

This comment from Hotrod13 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
+6
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
I'm sorry but the whole incident of the woman coming out of the woods makes no sense to me.
1) First why would a woman stepping out of the woods 'terrify' you?
2) You leave him there and leave with your sister, who you called to come get you. What you are so mad you want to leave him with 'something' that terrified you?
3) Now this part just kills me, you say he called to tell you he was walking back and you heard him scream and it sounded like the phone was thrown. But then he calls you again begging for you to come get him. Say what? Why would he call you to tell you he was walking back to begin with? I would assume he had said that earlier, when he didn't get in the car with you. Then you hear him scream and the sound of the phone being thrown. Really. And he had to CALL you again and BEG you to come get him? At the sound of his scream, you didn't demand your sister turn the car around and go back for him? Although apparently your sister seems to have disappeared from the telling by then, because you say you picked him up. That implies you were alone. Did you leave something out that would make this make some sense?
demonicsheikh (55 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
you have to understand that spirits/ghosts are like human. They have sexual urges too.
Who ever they like become theirs... Willingly or unwillingly.
Your boyfriend is affected by a woman spirit. She loves him and doesn't like you or your sister around. Best is to seek help.
From your experiences its pretty obvious because
1. You saw a woman coming at you on the road.
2. When your boyfriend saw some outline with your child he thought it might be your sister (woman).
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2013-04-13)
Heres a DIY kit, burn sage and employ a wiccan/pagan cleansing method cullec from the net.
Peace
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-04-13)
Looks like you have a problem on your hands. I suggest you seek the services of a proffesional. Can your bfriend put on an iron bangle and bathe with salt added to the water?
Peace.
Ps I can understand your problem, been thruogh it.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-13)
Hey there! Has your boyfriend ever messed around with the afterlife before he met you? I think your boyfriend is haunted. You should probably get help from the church! Hope to hear from you soon. No offense but I really felt bad when you left him and got into the car. Anyways be good. Thanks.
-Shady

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: