You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Apartment Hauntings

Real Ghost Stories

Apartment Hauntings

 

I'm brand new to this site, but I've been reading stories on here for a few weeks now. I've been eager to share my stories to people who believe, so here it goes.

I have quite a few stories regarding the houses I've lived in. This story, however, will be based on a few events that occurred in the first apartment I was renting. When I turned 18, I moved out on my own and into an apartment building a few blocks up the road from my dad's house. I moved into that building, not because of the atmosphere, but because my older sister owned the apartment and could rent it to me at an affordable price. I have to admit, I didn't believe in spirits or anything paranormal at that time, other than "sort of psychic experiences" that I have (which I normally find some sort of logical explanation to after the matter), but after about a week of living there, things got... Interesting.

The first "experience" in that place was the scratching and tapping of the walls. Throughout the day, at random times, there would be loud tapping, and sometimes scratching on the walls. Because that was the first weird occurrence there, I dismissed it immediately and went on with my life.

The second event was a little peculiar, though. I was in the shower for a good 15 minutes, before the water became scolding hot. I quickly turned off the shower, only to hear that the bathroom sink tap had been turned on cold, full blast. Let me first say that I'm not stupid, and do not leave sinks on. Second, I do not turn on taps full blast. That's a waste of water... And third, the water became immensely hot after 15 minutes in the shower, which means the tap had to be turned on just then. I lived on my own in this apartment.

The third was visual. I had a friend over, and I went to the bathroom for one moment, only to come back to him freaking out. He saw a man on my balcony. I lived on the fourth floor. There was no way some guy just climbed onto my balcony for a few seconds and then disappeared right after... Not only that, but my friend could describe what he looked like to full detail. I remember (because this was 4 years ago) that the man was turned out looking down to the ground, head down. He was wearing all black, but his jacket had gold beads going down the centre of it. Yes, it was that detailed. Needless to say, I was creeped out.

Though some of these occurrences can potentially be seen as logical, the last one from this one particular apartment scared the living crap out of me and I still get leery and terrified when I think about it.

I had a few friends over one night. One of them was one of my best friends who lived in an apartment on the floor below me. (She also had weird, incredibly weird, experiences down there.) I felt really sick later on in the night, but I trusted my friends to just watch television and relax while I was resting in my bed. I fell asleep. I woke up to my friend covering me up with the blanket. It had completely come off me and fallen on the floor. She said she'd take care of things in my house while people were over, and for me to just sleep until I felt better. I woke up a second time to her putting the blanket on me yet again. This time I was confused... I always slept in a cocoon. (I get really cold at night). The third time, though, that was it for me.

I woke up to her screaming, "LET HER GO!" and I felt a large chunk of my hair fall to my face. The freaking spirit had my hair in the air. My friend was not even close to me, she was at the door when she screamed this.

Any thoughts to what I was experiencing? This thing was NOT friendly.

Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by laurrennm

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, laurrennm, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

earthtogillian (17 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-09-27)
I agree with the others. Try looking the history of the apartment.
I do think it's rather odd how your experiences varied from the least to the worst? Did you arrange them in a time table where the first occurred event was mentioned first and the last activity mentioned last?
Anyways, I think this could be a demon. Or if we maybe try to tone that down a bit, it could be a playful, negative energy? But then again, if you're a logical person, you can find explanations for them in which I can find an explanation for tue first and second one but on the third one, I definitely think it's paranormal.
Also, if you ever get a hold of the apartment's history, please let us know! Hope all is well for you!
MissusTodd (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
I agree with others who suggest looking into the history of the apartment building (or the land, if the building's history doesn't turn up anything.) I'm not an expert by any means, but as a mom, my gut feeling is this is more of a child spirit. All the activity (i.e. Faucet incident, blankets pulled away, hair pulled) sound more like childish pranks than anything meant to be harmful, although that doesn't make it any less frightening, especially when you are on your own. As for the apparition on the balcony, again, I'd suggest researching to learn the history, especially of your apartment in particular, but also the building. If you feel unsafe, perhaps looking up Rook's Cleansing Method or having the apartment blessed would be helpful. Best of luck! 😊
Night_of_Nyx (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-18)
The tapping could have been an animal. I know it sounds crazy cause you're on the fourth floor but I've had animals tap on my walls and I live on the 2nd floor. The sink and shower story was interesting! I think that was paranormal. Sounds like you have a mischievous spirit in the house. The hair pulling thing was very creepy. I would get the history of the apartment from someone and cleanse the house with Sage or Cinnamon. Best of luck to you! Very good read!
myra (6 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-18)
I think you should do a bit research on the apartment to find out the cause of it... It may help. Try to remain positive and happy because I have heard that they feed on our negetive energy... Good luck.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-18)
gollumencounter: You must be 13 years old or older to be on this site. From the "Terms of Use":
"Services are available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old, whether acting on their own behalf or as an authorized employee or representative of a corporation or other business entity. If you do not so qualify, do not attempt to register for or use the Services."
pinkparrot6202 (41 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-17)
This story is very interesting, and the haunting are very unusual. ❤
demonicsheikh (55 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-17)
did you knew about the history of apartment?
I mean any murder, suicide affiliated with your place?
Someone or something is annoying you. Its kind of a prankster spirit.
If you know the history of the apartment share with us.
laurrennm (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
Also I would like to add that I never experienced any activity at my dads house. I lived there for 5 years.
laurrennm (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
Let me start by apologizing for the lack of detail regarding the hair situation. My hair goes down to my waist (so about 16 inches long). The strand was large (enough for a pony tail). And it was just floating in air. My friend did not see a figure, but just a large portion of my hair floating in the air. She is sensitive to spirits and can sense them in the room. She has seen a disembodied head in her closet, spirits in her living room. This is not in detail as I do not want to bother her by giving too much information about her without permission. Thank all of you for the logical explanations.
One thing though about the sink. It only happened once. Does that mean anything?
Thanks you guys. Ill be sure to answer any more questions
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
What was it that your friend seen holding you? What weird experiences has your friend had down one floor? Let us know 😁
demonicsheikh (55 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
1. Scratches=rats, they even move or break damn things.
2. Water. Running=plumber problem.
3. Hobo in window=car light/bathroom light reflection.
4. Hair in air=can be a prank. We guys do it on regular basis.
I am not saying these are the reasons. I am saying these can be the reasons.
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
When one is scared, ones hair tends to stand on an end. I guess the was scared a bit too much of the spook.
Peace 😁
1spooky (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
I agree with wishfullnull, although it could be an entity using your energy or gift. If you have had any other experiences in other locations were they similar? If it scares you, you can co-maned it to leave, just have faith in yourself.
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
It seems that while the first few things that happened are easily explained away, events rapidly escalated. Did you ever ask your friend what she saw that was grabbing your hair? Did things continue to happen in that apt, or was this the "finale"? If stressful things are continuing to happen to you, it may not so much be your living quarters that are haunted... It may be you? (Sorry, I didn't mean to make that sound all scary & ominous, a 'la "the calls are coming from inside the house!"-ish) were you going through a stressful time of your life at this time? Paranormal activity is sometimes more common around teenagers. There are more experienced members on this site who can give much better advice for help/cleansing than I... I am positive they will be offering you help, if you wish for it, very shortly! Take care, and best wishes! 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: