You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: He Is The Man In Black

Real Ghost Stories

He Is The Man In Black

 

Since I was a little girl, I have had this feeling of someone watching me. My mother told me that when I was 7, she would hear me talking to someone in my room, but no one would be there. She pushed it off as just an imaginary friend. As I got older I stopped talking to this "friend" and my mother didn't worry about it anymore. All was forgotten of my friend whom my mother said I called, "The Man in Black." That is until I started getting nightmares of a man in my dreams. I was 13 at the time, and the dreams would frighten me.

It started off with me being somewhere dark, and a tall man in a floor length black coat, with raven black hair, deathly pale skin, and blood red eyes. He would tell me things like, "you are mine." I tried to ignore them, and scratch them off as nightmares, but one night, I woke up with my eyes still closed after one of these "nightmares" and felt as if someone was watching me from the foot of my bed. I even thought I heard breathing. But I was so stricken with fear that I kept my eyes squeezed shut and stayed like that until the feeling was gone.

Another night the same thing happened, but when I woke up I shot up into a sitting position and was horrified to see a dark tall figure at the foot of my bed looking at me. I screamed but no one heard me, the man crawled onto my bed but I felt nothing, no pressure, then he smiled white teeth and whispered. "You are mine."

A few years later and I haven't had those dreams, nor have I woken up to "The Man in Black." I was 16 years old then, and my life was going fine, I had even gotten my first boyfriend whom I was steady with. We were on a date at the movies, and afterwards we were walking across the street to a Twisty Treat to get some ice cream. I felt as if someone was watching me and shivered, even though it was the Fourth Of July and close to 89 degrees. I ignored the feeling and kept going, we finished the night and went home. Later that night I got a call from my boyfriend, he said he had gotten a nightmare, a nightmare of a tall man stabbing him and telling him to leave me alone, before killing him in his dream. It was a threat, a warning from the Man in Black, to leave me alone. I assured him it was just a bad dream and that we were going to be ok.

Boy was I wrong.

A few months later, I got a call from his mother saying he had been in an accident, that he was painting the house and the ladder had fallen from under him; he was ok but had broken his arm.

I went to his house and he was laying in bed. He woke up and looked at me with fear. "You can't be here," he said strangely, and I narrowed my eyes. "How come?"

He took a deep breath and told me that before the ladder fell, he heard a voice shout loudly in his head, the same voice of the guy in his dream saying, "SHE IS MINE!" And he felt as if someone pushed the ladder hard. I wasn't surprised when he broke up with me then and there, saying he feared for his life.

After a year I once again forgot about the evil demonic thing that had haunted me, and my life once again went back to normal.

On my 17th birthday, my mother took me out to eat, just me and her. We were on our way home when we stopped next to a wooded area because of a red light. It was October 7th so it was just getting a little cool outside, and I rolled down my window and looked outside.

There standing still by the woods was a man.

He was tall, with a long black floor length coat, and raven black hair, deathly pale skin, and blood red eyes. He smiled at me and put his finger to his lips as if to say we shared a secret. Then I heard a voice saying once again, "you are mine." The light turned green and I looked at my mother. She had a strange look on her face and I asked her what was wrong. "I just don't understand young men who think they need to look like vampires or something." I felt my heart beat wildly and I looked back to the spot were I saw him, but he was gone. "You saw him?" I looked back at my mother and she smirked, "of course I saw him, who wouldn't?"

Well a year has gone by, and I haven't forgotten, instead I wait. I wait for him to show himself again, does he want to hurt me? Or does he just want me all to himself. I don't know for sure, but what I am sure of is that I wasn't the only one who saw him. I'm dating again, and we've been dating for almost two years now, and he's starting to say that he's been having dreams... A dream of a man, tall and dark, and evil. I have no doubt that he's dreaming of him, "The Man in Black."

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, moonstar4807, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

moonstar4807 (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-11)
Hey bug, email me if you have questions hellokitty4807 [at] aol.com
AshCat (24 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
This is pretty scary! You definitely have someone staking their claim on you. At this point I am leaning towards a past life connection (or maybe more than one). You have to find a way to break free of this guy and let him know that you aren't his anymore. Use the light and stay strong!
fancyfeast (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
So what you're saying is... Professor Snape has gone postal.
bug62689 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-07)
I had a man almost just like this throw me about 20feet off a table. Nobody really knew what to do for me. I was 10 then and I'm 24 now. Something that's pretty weird, October 7th, is my sons. Birthday. Id really like to talk to someone about this thing. Mine didn't have red eyes but everything else seems right on.
moonstar4807 (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-29)
ok everyone so... I threw a party at my house and my friend Nick needed to use my room to get changed in his bathing suit. When he came back out he had a weird look on his face late that night I asked him about it and he said he got this weird feeling as if someone was looking at him and literally ran out of the room because he felt a cold chill down his spine? It worries me that the guy is back once again but I myself haven't seen or heard nor felt anything for a while? SO? Yeah, really confused. Also thank you for the caring comments, I found out I was born with two viruses (not what you think) and its a virus that attacks your immune system. (That explains that) and I the mother that saw him too was my adopted mother. My sisters told me that they too saw the same exact guy but with a child? I haven't seen a child with him though. I'm fine with everything that has happened to me, being a Christian I let go of it all and forgave, so don't worry:) I'm fine with that.
LeavesFall (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-23)
This sounds a lot likethe manga "Rasetsu", I'm wondering if the author may have read it recently and doesn't realize the might be projecting it on coincidences maybe.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
moonstar,

You have to understand something here. This site is for people to share their experiences and to get whatever help they can. With that being said, lately there have been stories on this site that are false and sometime downright copying. So you have to understand that many of us poster can be leery about a post like yours.

With that being said, I will give you credit for trying to answer the questions to the best of your abilities.

Here is my two cents:

(1) You mentioned that your mother saw this guy also (I take it that she is your birth mother?). Sit down and talk with her about what each of you saw and what you have experienced. If this doesn't yield any results talk to your grandparents.

(2) If the above mentioned doesn't work, then I suggest talking to someone from your religious faith. You mentioned that you are a Christian. Talk to someone from your church.

(3) Before doing anything else, please see a doctor. I'm not calling you crazy but you have been getting physically sick, getting bruises, and being said to have depression. Go and get a physical done to see if you are okay then a mental check. I would also see a therapist. I know there are some that are not good but there are equally some that are really good.

(4) I have worked as a social worker and I could tell you, for someone like you, the biggest thing is support. If you can't find it with your family, then talk to your boyfriend and his family or create a group of trusted friends. A good group of support will give you the strength to fight whatever you are experiencing.

(5) This is one of favourites. Meditation. From your stories, your experience (abuse, adoption, etc.), and your comments, I could see that your mind and emotions are everywhere. If you are experience something paranormal, then this is the best way for this thing to get you. You are weak and your thought train is everywhere. Control yourself and mediate. Imagine a white light surrounding you and then keep pushing it until it surrounds you and your place of residence. Not only will it protect you but it will bring you a piece of mind and help you think clearly so would know what to do.
hunting_for_answers_ (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
I haven't read the mailman story or whatever, but this one is definitely very interesting. I am a skeptic, but I have a close friend who has had a similar story to yours, so I am inclined to believe it. She, however, is no longer in my life (I moved away).
I am nineteen now, and dealing with my own paranormal experience, and I know how it feels to have everyone doubt you. It's frustrating, isn't it? More so when it is friends and family members who doubt.
If I were you, I would try to contact a reputable medium to try to see what the thing is and what it wants. My friend decided to have lucid dreams to see if she could contact the thing (she nicknamed him fredie kruger) and tried to contact him while in the dream. I'm not sure if this is the best option, because she got really depressed, so I would do this tactic with caution. I moved away before my friend's experience came to an end, and have since lost touch, so unfortunately I have no way of knowing if her lucid dreams worked to end the haunting.
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I hope the best for you! Good luck.
moonstar4807 (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-22)
haha that's fine, I call my mom SOOO many things, mom, mamma, mummy, mum, mommy, madre, moo moo, but mostly mom or mum. Ill keep that in mind though Valkricy:) Thank you! And you should see me on coffee XD, talk about chatter box.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
Ok... That's anme FOR a parent... I call lackofcoffeeitis! Anyone seen my caffiene IV? ๐Ÿ˜†
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
On this 'Mom' or 'Mum'...Depending on mood and seriousness my daughter will call me Mom or Mama, but if she's really hurting I'm still 'Mommy', and she's 25. My own mother was 'Mama' or 'Mom', unless I was trying to wheedle a favor from 'Mumsie Darling'. If I wanted to rile her: Mo-ther.Really stress the 'ther'. My point is, I really don't think it that uncommon for people to have multiple forms of a name a parent. But when writing out an account, it does help to stick with one to avoid confusion.
Just my 2 cents.
moonstar4807 (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
you're right, it doesn't prove anything. I call her mum and mom, mum as a cutesy way of saying mom, I am most definitely not from the UK. Sorry, I meant straight, forgive me for making "one' mistake. Thank you I appreciate your prayers. I honor all of your opinions:). I realize now that I really can't force you to know what I know, and to experience what I did. To each their own right?
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
I call BS on all of this. Sorry.

First, while reading it I, too, found an irritating resemblance to the mailman story. I KNOW, I KNOW. There's no way you wrote both, because you made your account and posted your experience in the same day... I hope you can discern my sarcasm... Wtf does that even prove? Yeaaah, nothing.
It's too much; if you're being truthful, you're embellishing.

You say, you and mom... Or mum (as reffered to in your comment), which is it? Are you actually from the UK?...you both saw the man in black.
If you actually DID, I wouldn't put too much stock into it.
October. Halloween. Costumes... Could have just been creepy motherF-er freaking people out for fun.
Also. In your comments, you claim "strait A's" in English...errr...I believe you meant straiGHt? Lol. Stay in school, q mmkay.
It's true that I have no way to know if this is a truthful account, but my gut feeling while reading this was irritation... Maybe I have to poop...eh.
Either way, it's a shame you're going through whatever turmoil in your life. I'll be praying for you tonight (I do mean that in all seriousness).
moonstar4807 (1 stories) (21 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
How am I acting "Spoiled", I'm simply trying to defend myself and also 'help' people understand. I'm using facts, and personal logic. I fail to see how that sounds 14, and spoiled? Sorry, but I just don't see it. If I sound like I'm being rude I really am not, It's just that some of the comments I got were silly, including the 'Doctor' and the other person who cursed my karma which I think is silly! If that's me acting 14 then I don't remember ever being 14 because I whined all the time, I didn't answer questions over and over and over again, even though I had to repeat myself numerous times. If anything I was being patient and some points slightly annoyed...that's it though.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
moonstar: I understand getting upset when it seems like everyone is doubting you. But quite frankly, you're not acting the age you claim to be. You're acting more like a spoiled 14 year old kid. Get a grip on your attitude, please.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
Babalouie: It is unacceptable to use another person's copyrighted written material without their knowledge and/or consent, therefore your posts have been removed. Just a reminder from the "Comments Guidelines":

"If you are referring to an article on another web site, do not quote it entirely, as it is usually a breach of their copyrights and will take too much space in the comments area. Find the relevant part, paste that sentence/paragraph between quotes and indicate where it was taken by adding the web link."

Plagiarism if highly frowned upon here in YGS-land!
๐Ÿ˜
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
Babalawoodemata,
Just a word of caution, the copying of other's work, like the rituals you have posted, without giving that person/site credit is considered plagerism, even if you have have altered it somewhat. That can land you in some serious trouble. Also posting it in it's entirety to mutliple threads can be construed as spamming, which can also lead you into trouble.
I have noticed you are trying to use more puncuation in your posts that you write, and I appreciate it! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Babalawoodemata (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Well I have to go over them and read them carefully to approve them because I know the difference. Between people just writing what they want how they want the thing is that. It all works how it was meant in this religion so I am putting the remedies because there's many things that are wrong because people in this religion get lazy and sometimes put the wrong stuff by not studying the ancient books or learning from their godfathers.
Saille (1 stories) (34 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
[at] Babalawoodemata
Would it not be easier simply to supply a link to an outside source for these rituals?

Your bรณveda ritual can be located nearly word for word here.
Http://blog.themysticcup.com/santeria/daily-spiritual-workout

In fact so far everything you have posted here can be found elsewhere. Would it not have been easier to simply provide a link?

Saille
Isolde (guest)
+3
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
[at] babalawoodemata. Just an idea: you could put your wisdom in your profile and sent others to read in stead of putting it on all the threads. It is a lot of information, on repeat.
Thank you.
Isolde
P.s. Thanks also for the use of punctuation and layout of your text. It improves readability immensely.
moonstar4807 (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Thank you. I will take what you are telling me to heart, and Bornparanomal, I'm scared too... But I'm sorry that its happening to you! You want to tell me about it? Maybe I can help?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Sorry to have offended. Best of luck and I hope you find the answers you're looking for.
Babalawoodemata (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
That's what you would do take that example remember if you guys don't help yourselves no one will. Everyone would be too scare
Bornparanormal (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
That's creepy your mother saw him too that scares me a lill only because I am being stalked by a ghost
Babalawoodemata (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
That would be the strongest way to control your spiritual life the negative will never affect you.
moonstar4807 (1 stories) (21 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
If I have to take a picture of my doctors reports and diagnostics then I will, I am not "just getting sick" I have been slowly getting sicker since middle school. Linked or not I am getting sick. The bruises I took a picture of so I didn't fake those. All I have done is try to help prove I'm not lying, I have been able to back up every story, ever comment I have said? If that's not accurate information tell me.
moonstar4807 (1 stories) (21 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
BadJuuJuu:
I have been to a therapist before that said I had depression, I hated her... Ill look into getting a new one because maybe that will help? Get it now? I Respect your opinion, though I want anything but attention, that's why I hide it from my family, and this is the first time I have ever shared my story.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Mmkay, so looking at the timeline of the comments 14 hours ago you hate therapists but would look into it. Then, 14 hours ago, you had spoken to a therapist who discovered you have depression. That was quick.
I find it interesting that you didn't get the reaction at first that you seemed to want, then you claimed to be getting sick, now you're bruised...
This just appears to be at best a fiction project in progress, at worst a rather bizarre attention grab. If you're being honest, I apologize, and sincerely hope you get the help you need.
moonstar4807 (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
you can't see from my crappy cam but It has red rims around it and is a little purple
moonstar4807 (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Great now my mums yelling at me about where I got these -_- This day just can't get any better can it?

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: