You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Devil's Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

The Devil's Shadow

 

Let me start off by saying I'm new and I have only a few experiences, not a lot. Also, I would like to share my very quick ghostly encounter. This was about 12 years ago when I was 4 and I slept by myself.

I was in my room alone for the first time because my brother was just born and he was in my parent's bedroom. (He also had surgery on his testicles.) My brother had a heart monitor with him because he came from the hospital couple hours before.

It was the first time I had the room for myself and I was really excited I couldn't sleep. NOTE: I was scared of the dark, but because I was scared of the dark I turned on the the bathroom lights. My bed would be on one corner and the bathroom on the opposite side, lower corner.

I remember I woke up and my bathroom lights seemed like they were dimmed. Back then we didn't have dimmers and the lights were installed 3 weeks before. For some reason I was scared because I woke up in a sudden "shock."

I can still remember that I couldn't move and everything started to get hot. About Las Vegas desert hot in summer. I suddenly had an urge to look at the bathroom and I did. (When I looked at the bathroom I only saw the wall.)

Without hesitation I tried calling to my mom but I couldn't speak and I could hear my brother's heart monitor stop. A shadow started to rise up and all I could see was a elongated head with horns. Of course, I was scared and I closed my eyes. That's all I could remember.

Today it haunts me because when I was young I didn't not know about the Devil until I attended Catholic church school when I turned 10. In addition to that, my mom told me I had a high fever a couple of months after my birth. She remembered it was 107 degrees Fahrenheit and at the doctors, I wasn't expected to live after taking medicine. Instead of consulting doctors, my parents took me to church and I got baptized where soon after my fever went down. This is probably a connection to what had happened to many other encounters.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MyNameisMario, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jesyka1234 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-26)
im sorry to ask but did your brother die? And if so I am so sorry for your loss 😢
NiteshKhatri (3 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2013-10-13)
I am not believe in ghosts but believe there apireans with me but when I called my lord name I got happiness
robertar (223 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
Disagree with sleep paralysis diagnosis... Sort of. There are many cases that seem like SP, only there were secondary witnesses of an intruding entity -in one case a whole platoon in Iraq. Since no one else here was there for your experience, they can only guess. I suspect that some of these entities can induce SP, or at least take advantage of people who are stuck in it.

After a few years of SP, I learned that I could control my breathing rate, and then some times speak. I once woke my roommate, asking him to wake me, though I could not move until he shook me. I later leaned to rely on prayer, and no longer have SP intruders.

I've heard of others being visited by creature with horns. One case was two adults, while awake. Another was the guy from The Sallie House, tony (I forget their last name) - he says an entity came out of his closet to laugh/scare him when he was a kid. He described it as looking 'like the devil'

Where in CA are you Mario?
BeyonDaVeil (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-22)
Good Day! I agree with most of them, its "Sleep Paralysis". This happens due to lack of sleep and especially when our mind in awake but we are asleep. You are in a state of being frozen, you speak, scream but cannot hear yourself or shout or move. And more to it; if you have just seen a Movie & slept, you will see most of the events in dream.

I once happened to see a ghost kid, ran out of the kitchen and banged on the single sofa & after realizing that I was awake and saw him, he or she got into me. But as my MIND recognized the entity as a Kid, I was able to get loose of it.

Its everything to do with the MIND. Wish you the best of Luck & keep us posted if you come across anything now when you are older. Thanks
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-22)
Hi mynameismario, The consensus here is that you suffered sleep paralysis and I am in inclined to agree. The mind can play tricks on you whilst in this state and it is common to feel as though something someone is in the room with you. Most people feel or see an old women. "Old hag syndrome." Although you saw a very different shadow this could be the same thing.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Hello MyNameisMario, I think either it was a bad dream or sleep paralysis. I would go with sleep paralysis because you said you were not able to move, you were not able to call your mom and all. As far as the shadow and the figure with big horn, I feel that due to your age then, it might be that the mind played its part in that. But I do not think it was devil and I feel that it could be sleep paralysis more than paranormal.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
I agree, it sounds like either a vivid nightmare, where you were kind of half-in, half-out of sleep or it could be sleep paralysis. Because it was the first time you were sleeping in your room by yourself, I can imagine there would have been some anxiety! Maybe this plus an overly-warm blanket or something like that, evolved into something scary when you were in a dream-state? Good question by Baronessie, have you had any similar experiences since? Thanks for sharing, and best wishes to you!
Bornparanormal (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Odd um... Did your brother live or I am sorry for asking its just you no 😕
Baronessie (4 stories) (12 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
I agree, Sleep Paralysis is also a good cause. My mom gets it almost every night, it is no fun it seems like. Do you experience anything now that you're older?
VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Sleep paralysis that's what it sounds like.
I'm too lazy to give the definition here but that's what google was invented for.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: