You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Unsure Of What I've Seen And Experienced

Real Ghost Stories

Unsure Of What I've Seen And Experienced

 

On a weekend I had decided to take my grand child to visit my older sister for the night as she lives in a different town than we do. And it was a first sleep over experience for her aside from my place. My grand child is just learning to talk and all evening I had noticed that while she was playing sometimes she would stop what she was doing, stand still and say "Noise". Then continue on with what she was doing again.

It was late, about 10:30 pm, and I was putting my grandchild to sleep in my sister's room. Just her computer screen was on and it was blank and all the other lights were turned off. I leaned on the bed, laid her down telling her it was time for bed, gave her her stuffed animal and then started to cover my granddaughter who is almost two years old. This is when I noticed a bright white flash of light. Starting near the dresser drawer flashing in the direction of the bed. I ignored it thinking it was just my eyes playing with me and proceeded to cover my granddaughter then it happened again. It was half the size of a dime and flashed like a camera does. This is when my granddaughter sat up look in the direction that I saw the flash and began to wave her hand, open and close, as she does when she is waving goodbye to someone. I didn't say anything nor did she. After she waved she turned herself around and laid back down and went to sleep. There weren't any electronics on the dresser and the computer was on the other side of it.

I have never experienced this before and am looking for some insight as to what I have experienced.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Amil, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-25)
Hello Amil, welcome to YGS. I feel first we should eliminate the rational possibilities before concluding that it be branded as paranormal. I agree with others that the headlights of a passing car could give such an illusion if it is focused through the window. It is also that you should ask your sister if she experienced any activity in her room because she stays there daily and if there is anything paranormal or entity, then definitely it would have shown itself up or your sister might have seen or felt its presence. So with only one experience or encounter, it is difficult to conclude.

If possible, try to investigate and discuss with your sister and post it to us.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Hi Amil, It is possible that your granddaughter was seeing a spirit, but I agree there could be many explanations for the light anomaly. Has your sister ever claimed to experience any activity in the house? If it was a spirit it didn't seem to frighten your granddaughter. 😊
Elixellen (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
The white flash could have been a reflection of something possibly through the window or mirror? It might possibly have been some electricity that escaped from something nearby. If not then an orb. ❤
WishfulNull (151 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Hi Amil, Do you happen to remember if there was a window in the room, in which headlights could have reflected through? Even if the headlights did not show directly through the window, light being bounced off of a reflective surface and onto the dresser drawer, and then the car driving by, or going around a corner or something, would give illusion of movement the way you described? This is just a suggestion... You were the one to experience it, so it's hard for any of us to say just what you saw that night! 😊 Does your sister's house have a history, or has she had experiences which would lead you to think it was paranormal? Do you think your grandchild could have associated the light with a car going "bye-bye", maybe? Please share your thoughts... These are just possible suggestions that crossed my mind. Thank you for sharing your story, and best wishes to you! 😁
demonicsheikh (55 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Children,animals and birds can see spirits. My cousin's son used to cry in the back yard or get sick if he let him out at 11p.m.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Dear Amil,
Welcome to YGS. Thanks for sharing your experience.

If we go through a checklist, we have to first cross out anything normal or natural which could have caused the flash of light. Only then would it be proper to delve into the probable paranormal causes.

Regards
VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Children are more open to the paranormal. Who knows that light flash could have been a passing entity. I totally could picture a little kid waving to a ghost though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: