You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Living With A Bad Spirit Or Energy

Real Ghost Stories

Living With A Bad Spirit Or Energy

 

My husband, me and kids moved to a newly built home 2 years ago. Since we moved we had some scary nights... Weird sounds at night and movement downstairs as our bedrooms are upstairs.

I told my husband many times that something is really weird and we should consider having our home blessed again. Jody does not believe in spirits or anything of the supernatural. My kids have heard things and seen weird things in their bedroom, but I have now told them to pray every night and that it's their imagination. I couldn't get myself to scare my children to tell them what I think.

Once a family member stayed over and said they experienced a black being or some kind of thing spinning on the floor in the dark late at night which woke them and I believed them.

A few months ago my husband and I was awoken by a scratching sound in our bedroom which traveled from one side of the ceiling to where our bed was. We switched on the light and the noise vanished. Jody's conclusion... "It could be rats or birds!" I knew in my heart that it's something other than birds or rats for sure.

My husband and I have been arguing a lot lately and I feel strange, sometimes very heavy-hearted. He would say the most horrible things to me or hurt me emotionally, and I know in my heart that this is not the man I fell in love with. Sometimes I have this hate in my heart for him being so mean to me, and then sometimes I love him so much. Outside of the house I feel more content and light-hearted.

StormJM

Other hauntings by StormJM

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, StormJM, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Aloha StormJM,

Thank you for posting your experiences! Your frustration with your husband sounds the same as what my wife and I experienced living in our last residence. Stay strong and patient with each other. When people are sensitive/empathetic to others/spirits, they get irritable with the ones they feel should understand them best, and huge arguements arise in which hurtful things get said to the ones you love most.

Have the place blessed or hopefully someone here at YGS can assist you with a cleansing! Good luck - 4d 😁
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Get a priest (or medium, etc) to bless the house, based on your religion (if you have any 😁). You do need to get this sorted. I had a similar experience, as in, my Husband and I would start arguing because of a negative spirit's presence. I got the house blessed as best I could, and it solved the problem.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
AddisonRoseMae57 (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-25)
If you feel that concerned for your family, get a priest to bless your house. If you don't stop it soon, it can escalate, putting your children in harm. Good Luck ❤

~Addi
crs1331 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-24)
Dearest LittleJadeEmo,

In my personal opinion, It doesn't matter what religion any of us are as long as we do understand that there is a higher power. Perhaps I should start leaving a blank as in: In the name of our_________.

I too believe our forests, gardens and animals have protectors as well which of course are faeries of many different varieties. Faeries are in fact considered angels in many cultures all over the world. I have left several posts to many concerning faeries. The faery is actually a hot topic right now.

Everything and everyone is assigned a protector. If we did not believe this then sites like this one would not exist. No one will ever be discriminated against by me due religion because we are all entitled to our beliefs.
LittleJadeEmo (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-24)
dear crs,
Thank you but I am just asking, I am not saying I am a christian (although I am, I talk to fairies though) I was just asking on behalf of the christian worshipers.
crs1331 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
Dearest LittleJadeEmo,

The Christian religion uses some of the exact rituals I described in my post. Notice I mentioned that the crystals represent the angels and if you study Christianity their are 4 angels that represent the North, South, East, and West. They are the guardians of the Earth. Christianity also uses smudging and prayers.

I say the Great Spirit which represents God. I word my posts in this way so that I do not offend any religion. This ritual will work for any religion because all religions have prayers, chants, songs and smudging whether it is using incense or sage. I have performed this ritual for many people of different religions and it is a strong prayer and ritual specifically to rid a dwelling of evil.

It works very well for all. Yet another wonderful question.

Much Love, ❤ ❤ ❤
LittleJadeEmo (1 stories) (5 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
Dear Crs, What if the person is of another religion what would you say for example christian?
crs1331 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
Dearest Valkricry, this is not a dumb question at all, yes I will explain further about the crystals, one for each corner of the house to call on the guardians or angels of the watch towers of the north, south, east and west. They are specifically for divine protection and each crystal represents an angel or guardian.

Thank you, that was a wonderful question that I should have elaborated on further.

Much Love ❤ ❤ ❤
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
crs-
I found this very interesting, but I do have what I call a 'dumb bunny' question: is that 4 crystals at each corner of the house or 1 for each corner?
crs1331 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
This is the exact situation I am contacted for all of the time. I am going to go over a very old ritual with you.
1st- smudging every corner of your house with white sage while chanting in your head or out loud "IN THE NAME OF OUR GREAT SPIRIT, I DEMAND ALL NEGATIVE SPIRITS TO LEAVE THIS PLACE OF DWELLING YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE!" Start upstairs and work your way down, smudge or burn the white sage until the entire house is cloudy with the smoke and you can barely stand it yourself.

Much Love!

2nd- use sea salt to heavily salt completely around your house while using the chant I just described.

3rd- bury 4 quartz crystals at each corner of your house.

By now there will be no negative energy in your house but as an extra step use sea salt in every window, and in every entrance way. Also line every wall around the inside of the house upstairs and downstairs with sea salt. No spirit will be able to enter your dwelling after this unless this circle is broken.

Smudging chases the spirits out, sea salt prevents re-entry, the quartz crystals work with the sea salt to keep the spirits out. I feel for you and your family and understand what you are dealing with and yes the negative spirits can have a negative impact on your family members as far as a complete change in attitude is concerned. Iron also works but not well by itself for the more evil entities. I would suggest having an iron bar hung at every door, you can even do this with the windows. I do hope this helps. If you need help, I offer my services to you. ❤
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-22)
StormJM: You certainly are having a rough time now. Could you and your family go away for a few days? If it is something paranormal causing your husband's behavior, a change of location might help. You mentioned your home is new. Do you know if another building was on the site before your home was built?
Finding the history of the site could help you find the cause of the problem. I understand not wanting to scare your children. However, if you tell them it is all their imagaination, they might not come to you if things escalate. I do not envy your position. Please keep us posted.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-22)
Hello StormJM, I think it is the negative energy that is making your drain out and have heavy heart besides the fights you have been making. My suggestion would be to cleanse the house. Please use Rook's cleansing method, which I have given below. Rook has developed a wonderful method and it helps. Please try it and keep us posted of developments.

Rook's Cleansing Ritual:

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
WishfulNull (151 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
Hello Storm, I'm so sorry to hear what you have been going through... It really does sound awful! Even though it is a newly built house, something may have happened on the land... Or it could be something negative was attracted to the house from you & your husband's arguments. Either way, it sounds to me that a house cleansing ritual that you perform yourself, and maybe also another house blessing would be very beneficial to rid the home of bad energy, and get rid of whatever it is that is haunting you. Have you & your husband been married very long? It's hard to say if it's the house influencing him to act this way, or if his negative treatment of you is what attracted the haunting. If it's not the house affecting him, and he is abusive to you and/or the children, then please look to find a way out! You do not need someone like that in your life... 😢 ❤. Best wishes to you and your family - I hope you all find peace & love in your home, and very soon! ❤
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
Dear Storm,
Mamachong does bring up some valid points. You should also check to be sure there isn't some natural cause for the drained or irratible feelings in your home. Some forms of mold can cause this, high EMF readings, or gas leaks can also cause it and hallucinations.
Having the house re-blessed certainly wouldn't hurt anything. You might even do a home cleansing. Rook, a poster here, has one that many swear by. It is posted on his profile, but if you would like, I can cut & paste it here for you.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
Are you able to bless or cleanse the home yourself when your husband and kids are away? Or have someone bless it for you while they are away. How does your husband talk or treat you in public? You stated you felt better when you are out of the house. As for the arguing and strife, it could be that your husband is stressed out. He could be stressed out because you just moved in and really can't afford to move out. Is it possible that he is hearing and seeing things to but dosen't want to talk about it? If he is stressed out he could be taking it out on those closest to him. The other possibility is he is being oppressed by this thing. Oppressed meaning influenced by this thing.
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Unfortunately its only when after a house has been built on a site, do we come to know that it seemingly has been the haunt of a demonic entity. One feels drained emotionally drained,snappy, and fights are frequent. When one goes out of the mansion he feels allright.
Using salt while bathing, mopping the floors may ease the situation. Also hang cold iron over the door.
Go to bed early and get up early and go for a jog, walk or exercise outside the habitat.
Repeat a mantra for emotional strength and use a pine roomfrehner. Keep posted.
Peace

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: