You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: How I Broke A Gandharvas Head

Real Ghost Stories

How I Broke A Gandharvas Head

 

This experience happened when I was doing my High School or 10+2 in India.

During my time, it was called pre-degree and it was in a proper college. It was only later that they separated Pre-Degree from the College and added it to School and it is known as +2 or the two High School years.

My Mother had died when I was in 6th Grade and for 2 years, I had stayed first in hostels and then with my father. When I started my 9th grade, my dad married again.

I was not so comfortable with my Step Mother. Even now, I Am not. So, for weekends I used to travel and stay at my Mother's ancestral home where my grandmother was staying.

The Ancestral home was an ancient one, constructed some 100 years ago (from that time), having lots of rooms and large farmlands behind the house. The house was situated on the banks of a river.

While in High School, I had started smoking secretly. None of my relatives ever knew it then. So at nights, I would sneak up to the roof of my own house for a few puffs of a cigarette. When I was at my grandma's house, I would sneak into the farm area behind the house. There was an outhouse, a grain storage building behind the house. I used to sit on the verandah or portico of the outhouse and smoke.

One weekend, Friday night, I was not able to sleep. It was around half past midnight. The room I used to sleep in had a door that opened to the back of the house. I sneaked out, carrying a torch, few ciggies and a matchbox, to the outhouse. It was a full moon night. So, I could see somewhat in the night. As I was smoking, I saw some light out in the farm, in a cluster of plantain trees (plantain=banana). I got curious, thinking that there could be some guys sitting in that area playing cards or it could be a thief. As I went closer, I saw a light, floating up from the plantain cluster, all glowing and soon it drifted away. Not knowing what I was exactly dealing with, I went back to the room and slept off.

Next day, I told my grandma about what I saw. She told me that it was a Gandharva that I saw. Gandharvas are divine beings, musicians of the Court of Devas, of the Hindu Mythology. Though, being Christian, my grandma, as with many other locals of her time, used to believe in all kinds of paranormal stuff. Gandharvas visit Earth on full moon nights, and cavort with their wives/lovers, The Apsaras, who are the dancers of the Deva Court. Gandharvas can't be seen in their full form, but appear as balls of glowing light to humans. That's what she told.

I decided that for the next full moon, I would have to see a Gandharva. The night soon came, I armed myself with a torch, ciggies, matchbox, a flask full of coffee and staked out on the outhouse portico. About 1.00 am in the night, I think I heard some humming, sounding like music. So, I looked keenly into the farmland and this time, it was at a different plantain cluster, I saw the light. I grabbed a stick I could find, with torch in the other hand went towards the light. I saw a ball of glowing fire, rising up.

I don't know how I got the courage or what made me do the silly thing - I ran towards the glowing ball and stuck it with the stick. A huge explosion of blinding light, I couldn't see for some time. I found myself thrown quite a large distance from the plantain cluster and I blacked out.

When I woke up, I saw my grandma and my relatives near my bed. I told them about what had happened. My grandma started scolding me, warning me never to repeat it. They had found me, in the morning, lying in the farm, unconscious. I asked them whether they heard any large explosion or anything and none them had heard any large sound in the night. Especially my grandma, who is a light sleeper.

If it had been some kind of flammable gas that would have formed due to the decay of plant matter, under ground, especially of the plantain roots, how does it glow? I could actually see flames in the ball like thing. If it was gas, when I hit, it should have exploded with sound. But nothing of that sorts occurred. Its a mystery to me.

So Folks, that's the tale of how I broke a Gandharva's head!

Not a joke!

To know more of Gandharva, Just search it on wikipedia or Google it.

Other hauntings by AzraelX

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AzraelX, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ammu_teddy (5 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-16)
Hi azraelx, I'm from Kerala too...I'm absolutely freaked out. I also experienced almost the similar incdent... 😭 I wonder whether it has any connection with the place we live? Where did you see it? Pls tell me the exact place... 😢
Singha2014 (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-11)
First you are brave enough. I don't it's Gandharva or what, but I have heard 100 stories about glowing light at farm/corp field at night. I spoke with few person who witness the same. In that village people believed as these are soul and they think you cannot allow them to pass between your legs.
kv_ilmi (2 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
Bakwass story or good imagination! I broke his head And this is not a joke? Man this is a big Joke! They were balls of lights so how you found his head! Hahaha. Man next time use green weapon to break his head! Sticks are like their hairs!
Santosh12 (3 stories) (12 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-07-07)
I pity you... If that Gandharva was real, just pray that he is not pissed off at you... Gandharvas are considered to be legendary fighters and cannot be killed by just a stick. I think he might have just laughed at you.
sandra_900 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-30)
hi 😊

Firstly I like your story but I have a question here, does gandhrva's only appear as light? Does it appear as any other things? And I heard that gandharva's appear only at night on Fridays is this true? 😊
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-31)
I am an Indian. I don't understand what made you do such a CRUEL act when it wasn't malicious to you in any way! You hit it out of your 'curiosity'?...Well,that's not only weird but crazy also. It was an unknown supernatural entity to you and going by what you have done, I feel the least you should do now is to keep hoping that the act doesn't become a 'curse' for your life ahead.
dhlp_xyz (1 stories) (10 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-17)
Breaking head of Gandharv!

What to say, this is like I threw a stone on moon and that's why moon is having such a big crater.

Well even if that so called Gandharv was a poor, weak thief a simple blow to his head could not break his head.

Ok who blacked out Gandharv or the giant Gandharv killer!
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-24)
I think most balls of light are caused by natural gases. There are several sites in my state where those occur. Each site usually has a story giving a paranormal explaination for the lights. Most are some variation of a railroad worker looking for his head. The lights are supposed to be his lantern. My friends and I spent some cold nights looking for the lights. We never saw anything except other people looking for the same thing.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-22)
Thanks ZKOI (too tired to type out your whole nic - sorry). I can be happy now, knowing the lil creature wasn't killed. 😊
zombie_killer_of_india (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-22)
[at]valricky:
Gandarvas are similiar to angels or fairies.
[at]Azraelx:
How can you break a gandarvas heads. Legends say gandarvas are powerful and one had captured the pandavas (hero's of mahabharat.)
Perhaps the light was just shown to make you inconcious.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-22)
So SDS... Are Gandarva's like our fairie folks? That's the impression I got when I tried to read up on them. It is said that you can hear music at the edge of a fairie circle, and they gather for dances, so it's logical they would have musicians. I am glad you don't believe he could have hurt one. Mythical or not, I just have a hard time when a wee harmless is hurt. I put it in the same catagory as pulling wings off flies. It's just cruel and unnessecary.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2013-04-22)
Dear AzraelX, I am from India and I am a Hindu. I know the mythology and Gandharvas are musicians in the Court of Devas. But still their coming to earth on Full Moon Day and you having broken the head of Gandharva are too far fetched and quite hard to believe.

It could be methane that is fluxed from paddy fields could cause balls of fires in the fields and probably that is what you must have seen. Breathing methane could have caused you nausea and that was what must have been your cause for getting fainted.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
That was good. Only now there's a pissed off Gandharva out there. I think we get those here too. I've seen balls of light, especially around trees.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
I don't understand why you hit the poor thing! It isn't like they are dangerous or bothering you is it?
I feel bad for the Gandharva. At the very least you probably gave him a terrible headache! (I want to believe you did not kill it.)
Juniper-mars1998 (5 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
Creepy maybe the Gandharva was a dream... And the bal of light was an Illusion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: