You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandmas Back

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandmas Back

 

I'm 14 years old. It was last year when I was thirteen. My grandma had just died and I really was angry with God about losing her. One day a couple months after my grandmas funeral I was in my room doing some homework and getting agitated with my math homework when I heard a voice. I thought it was my mom so I called down to see what she wanted. Then I remembered that they had gone on a date. Thinking it was one of my sisters I told them to stop scaring me and get their stuff and go back to their friends house. Then it was quiet for another five minutes. Then I heard it again and this time saw it. There my grandma stood in her funeral dress and jewels. I thought I was imagining things so I rubbed my eyes and then looked up again. She was at my door smiling and reaching out her hand. I was so scared I didn't do anything but sit there in fear. Then she disappeared. I ran up and grabbed the cross sitting near my door and ran back to my bed. I sat there an hour before my parents got home and found every light switch in the house turned on.

Then I had to go to bed. I walked up stairs an completely forgot about the incident. I got into bed and started to fall asleep when I heard something fall off my dresser. I got out of bed and picked up my drawing journal. There it was flipped to an empty page and there was writing on it. On the page in my grandmas hand writing was a verse of the bible and a quote my grandma loved, " DO NOT LIVE LIFE IN FEAR." The bible quote was one that went along with the teaching of fear:

2 Timothy 1:7 "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." This is now my favorite verse in the bible.

Other hauntings by CalebBrant

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CalebBrant, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
Thought your story was very good CalebBrant, straight to the point and informative. Lovely that your grandmother came back to let you know she's ok. This is going straight into my favourites! Makes me all fuzzy and warm inside! ❤

Redwolf, I'm going to have to disagree with your statement:
'Also you misread the 1500 words. You MUST write at LEAST 1500 words minimum NOT maximum so please put more info into your stories so we can help you better.'
Sometimes 1500 is too much I find! This account had plenty of detail and was direct. I think its better to be short and sweet rather then to drag on and on. But that's just my opinion.
Kenyatta (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-24)
Caleb I lost my grandmother in Feb. Of 2012, in the months before her death I asked many questions about our family and told her everything I had ever wanted to tell her. I knew she was going to pass because it came as a premonition. I asked her if she could would she come to me and let me know if she was ok. Jokingly I said txt msg or phone call only. Two days after her death I received a phone call it was a txt msg to my land line the recording said in a womens voice "I aam very proud of you and your boys you did your best to take care of me... I am ok." No one ever knew of the conversation we had prior to her death. The caller Id had all 0's. This gave me comfort as well as scared the hell outta me.
Bornparanormal (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
Omg that's creepy check out some of my stories please I wish my grandma would visit me in the after life 😐
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
Yep, Scarlett. Might be tied up with homework or watching TV. *shrug*
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
I wonder why Caleb never responds to his posts... Isn't he also the one who wrote 14 and scared?
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
Caleb,
I'm curious as to your family's reaction to the paranormal in general. How do they feel about such things? Did you ever tell them about your experiences?
Once you answer, I'll explain why I asked.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
CalebBrant,
I am WhiteWolfs mother and I agree with every word he said. There was nothing to fear when your grandmother visited. She just came to see you and maybe give you comfort because she knew you blamed God for her death. Her writing her favorite bible verse in your journal proves she meant no harm.
We have had visits from very meaningful people in our lives. My grandparents, my father in-law who is a prankster, and my mother. We also have 2 children not related to us that visit. Long story short they feel safe with us.
If your grandmother does visit again don't fear her. Say hi to her and let her know you love and miss her.
Also you misread the 1500 words. You MUST write at LEAST 1500 words minimum NOT maximum so please put more info into your stories so we can help you better.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
That was a sweet story. Hope you cherish that journal for a long time. We're probubly surrounded by relatives and just don't sense it. Thankyou for sharing.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
You say this was last year and you were 13... Was this your first paranormal experience? Grandmother or not, seeing a full body 'spirit' would 'scare' many people.

It sounds as if your Grandmother, when she saw how sacred you got seeing her as a full body manifestation returned later and 'gave' you words of comfort and let you know she is ok and that she didn't want you to be mad at God for 'loosing her'.

Have you felt her presence or 'seen' her sense this experience?

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
CalebBrant,

Why in the world would you fear the spirit of your grandmother she was probably there to comfort you so that she would be able to move on to the next realm.

I have to say that you really need to put more information into your stories if you expect help with what you are dealing with. 😕

My family members who have passed have visited my self and my family over the years and they bring much comfort to my home knowing that they are watching us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: