You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow Figures

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Figures

 

I first saw it about 2 or 3 years ago while I was over my father's house. I was on my way to bed and I just closed my eyes, when I got this intense feeling of being watched. I open my eyes and see this shadow of a man standing over me. I knew I wasn't just seeing things because there was light coming into the room from the hall light. I just stared at it for at least 30 seconds. When I blinked, it was gone.

That was my first encounter with it but it wasn't my last. Weeks later I was in the kitchen washing dishes when I got the intense feeling again. I look over my shoulder and see the tall shadow man looking down at me. I looked at for awhile feeling a bit scared, and turned back around, continuing doing my chore.

I have had enough of this thing and I'm not the only one experiencing this. My younger sister is too. She sees shadow figures from the corner of her eye and gets this negative feeling when she sees one.

We are both experiencing these shadows figures. The only differences are she gets a negative feeling from hers and I don't get a feeling at all. I just know it's there. Her room stays cold and mine stays warm, no matter the weather or if the heat or A/C is on.

I should also add that we both get the feeling of being watched at the same time. If I feel like I'm being watched, so does she.

I've done a little research on shadow figures, and can't find much information.

I read that most people that experience them usually have Native American somewhere in their bloodline (which we do), and the different figures they come in. I couldn't find much else. It would be very helpful if you could tell me what these things are and how to get rid of them. Any information on them will be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SilverWings1997, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

hootkg (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-28)
I have had many experiences with these type of shadow figures. They/It/He/She has become extremely active over the last few months. I get a very uneasy feeling when they're present and I often have a feeling of foreboding before it appears. Their presence is often accompanied by noises in the house and sometimes feelings of "vibration", as if we are experiencing a small earthquake. I have also been certain that my spouse is talking to me which leads to confusion when I find him ad ask why he would walk away after initiating a conversation. However, as ill at ease as I feel, nothing bad or negative has been associated with them so far. Hopefully it remains that way. I have found a lot of information by typing shadow people into my search engine. Best Wishes
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-25)
Dear SilverWings1997, I feel if it is negative energy that your sister is feeling about, then it is better that you do some research about the house you live. Ask people, who stayed there before you or your neighbours. That could give us some insight into what is happening. Take Rook's suggestion. His cleansing method is quite helpful and it would definitely drive away negative energy and you should be consistent with its implementation.

Keep us posted of developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Tuesdey (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-24)
Oh thank you BeyonDAVeil! This was pretty helpful too!:P:)
BeyonDaVeil (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-24)
Good Day! Well its really difficuly to know exactly what or who are "Shadow People". I myself have been researching for quiet some time but didn't reach a definate answer.

I hope this link gives you something;
Http://www.manchesterparanormal.org/Shadow-People.php

Try getting Good Sleep. As our body is made up of Electrons, sometimes Magnetic forces connect with us and creates different visions, making us feel like someone is looking at us. Hence I agree with Rook.

Good Luck & God Bless
Tuesdey (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-24)
Do some research on your home. Maybe something happened in it before you were there.
SilverWings1997 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-24)
Whitewolf,
I wasn't saying that only native american blooded people can see ghost and such. I was actually sharing what I read on this website. My fault if it sounded as if I was saying that. Thank you for reading and commenting.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
Shadow figures/figures out of the corner of your eye and 'hot/cold' areas may be spirits but they may, or rather there is a chance that an EMF sensitivity may be causing these 'effects'. Its something to consider and have checked (if you can) before saying this is 'paranormal shadow figures'.

Now if you really feel this is paranormal there is a cleansing/shielding method on my profile, please feel free to try it.

Thank you for sharing and please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
The area I was thinking of in that instance was behind my parents' old apartment.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
SilverWings1997,

I have to say that it is not only Native American people or people with blood-lines that can see spirits.

Everyone on Earth has some sort of psychic ability when they are born whether it is; seeing,hearing,sensing,feeling spirits,etc. Many people lose their abilities due to how they are raised/people that they are around (ex.school,church).

The entity that you came across could be tied to the home look up any information that you can find about the previous owners of the home or land.

Whitewolf,
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-22)
Really? Only Native Americans and people with that blood-line see them? I had to ask that. I've been seeing them off and on, too, ever since I was at least a teenager. I only see them out of the corner of my eye, though. I usually just ignore them. They don't do anything to or for me. I often wonder if they're real, or just my imagination. I also have to add that I'm part Cherokee, or Tsaraghee, as they called themselves. I might have to look them up, though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: