You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: That Sensation Never Leaves

Real Ghost Stories

That Sensation Never Leaves

 

I used to live in a old trailer back in 2007. I would be fascinated by scary movies. I shared a bunk bed with my younger brother Carlos who was 5 at the time. He recently turned 13.

I used to sit alone in bed and open up a book and pretend it was a laptop. My first encounter with a paranormal feeling was one evening. I remember like it was yesterday. I was sitting alone like usual and I got this sensation of somebody watching me. At first, I thought it was my mum who would stand on the doorway and just stare at me. I didn't want to turn around because I usually blush when I knew she was entertained by me. I sat there smiling and I decided to turn around just to find myself alone in my room. At first I thought she ran, so I decided to go check. She was outside with my baby brother. I kept on getting that sensation for quite a while but I never seemed to fear it.

Months later we moved 30 minutes into a new house. I completely forgot about what I felt until my first night in my new room. I felt so scared for some reason. My room was a dark maroon since the previous owner's son was into rock bands or whatnot. My room had a huge closet and a huge long window. My bed was in the middle of my room that was right in front of my window. I tried to hide under the blanket feeling some sort of comfort and safeness. I felt like if I would look out, I would find myself staring at somebody. I tried so hard to fall asleep and somewhere along my cry of fear I dozed off. That was back in 2009.

That sensation of being watched stayed and I grew comfortable with it. Nothing seemed wrong until a couple of weeks ago. I moved my bed around, painted my room red and gray, my closet was still huge but with a door. I had just gotten home from work around 1 am and I was so knackered. I made myself a sandwich and found myself laying in my bed watching TV with my puppy Fifs. She was asleep and I was stroking her hair when I felt her growl, which amused me since there was nothing there. She kept on growling at my window as if somebody was outside. My blinds where closed but I was scared of looking out and I ignored it.

Around 3 am I woke up startled. I felt as if somebody was shaking me to wake up, but I was alone and I saw a man standing by the corner. It's so hard to describe it. I got goosebumps and I tried to scream but nothing would come out but just air... I was hysterical and I tried to run but I was paralyzed. It had no eyes or anything, just a huge mass of blackness! I felt that same sensation of being stared at. After what seemed like minutes, but was just pure seconds, I was let go. I ran to my brother's room and kicked it so hard that he woke up upset. I told him what had happened and he told me to calm down and gave me some sleeping juice and I dozed off.

I'm confused... This hasn't been the first time something odd/paranormal happened but I guess it caught me by surprise? I honestly don't know. I do know I'm not the only one out here that's going through this.

If you guys have any comments, please share. Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hiyanajen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
I actually think that you could've disturbed a spirit more when you moved your stuff and painted your room. That could be why the spirit decided to "hurt" you more than before. And, i'm a Kiwi, so I know the word "Knackered", we Kiwis use it all the time.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-25)
hello hiyanajan...i'm meghna... I also sometimes fell that i'm being watched by someone... Or someone is standing there at the corner... You are not alone dear... Don't worry just think that on one is there and think that god is there with you, you will fell better...

Thanks
MEGHNA ROY CHOWDHURY,

REGARDS.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-25)
Hi hiyanajen, I do have the problem of 'math', which I could not get over with. With regard to your experience, I feel that it could be sleep paralysis at best and I do not think it has anything to do with the paranormal.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
Your older brother didn't go check out your room to be sure there wasn't an intruder or anything?
Being hystericaly scared, I'm not sure any amount of a 'natural' sleep drink - melantonin laced or not would calm me down enough to sleep. But that's just me. I would have been demanding he go look or something. May I ask where your Mom was during all this?
hiyanajen (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
I apologize. I don't really remember how old he was... It was a estimate because we're years apart. I typed this story in a rush and I didn't give much detail. I apologize again. I have a younger brother of 13 and by 07 he was in school so he was around 5-7. Anyways, I have an older brother, Josh. Whom always slept with the door locked and I ran to his room. Another thing, he drinks this juice called "Neuro Sleep" he calls it 'sleeping juice". Like I said, I was in such a hurry I had some typos and I missed some details. Any more questions don't be afraid to comment.

Yours Hiyanajen.
sonal12 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
I completely second rook! You ran into you're 7 year old brother's room. And he calmed you down? Hmmm fascinating I say! And one more thing!? He know's about sleeping juices too? Or a pill that'd make you sleepy? Reallyyy fascinating!

Regards
Sonal
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
"knackered" good ole English slang. 😉.
Got to admit I've not heard it used outside of the UK before. On a side note it can also mean broke, as in "My TV is knackered." The O/P obviously intends it to mean tired in the post but always good to learn something new. 😊
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
You went to your brother's room. You were so upset that you kicked at it. Kicked at what? Kicked at the shadow? Did the shadow go in your brother's room? Your story is a little confusing.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
Ummm Knackered? Wow... While I know what it means I don't hear that word used much in Texas. I have never heard of 'sleeping juice', just what is that?

Another thing... You ran to your brothers room... Your YOUNGER BROTHERS ROOM and he gave you something to make you sleep, really, REALLY?

The math may be a typo... But there are other odd discrepancies in this 'tale'. Enough I'll stay out on the fence until the O/P can clear these things up.

Respectfully,

Rook
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
Oops. I said the wrong number. What I meant to say was "2005."
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
I notice the mathematical error, too. Either he was seven, or you meant 2007.
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
I know what "knackered" means, but I could not get past the mathematical error in the first paragraph.
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-22)
Oh. I can honestly say that yo use some unusual words... But, I haven't heard much, or any, of UK's slang before, really. Very interesting...
hiyanajen (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-22)
My grandmother's from Bradford,UK.It means "tired" it's a (n) odd word.
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-22)
I don't have any comments for your experience, but I was just curious what country you're in, because I've never heard the word "knackered" before.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: