You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Strange Occurrences In Our Old House Pt 1

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Occurrences In Our Old House Pt 1

 

These took place around 8-10 years ago. We was living at our old house. It was me and my mom and dad (now separated), and two sisters (two of us, one including me, are in college now). I was around 9-11 years old when these happened. I'm not sure how to describe it. Basically, nothing truly sinister has happened that I can recall (except once or twice I believe), but from time to time odd things happened. This may look like a lot but please bear with me.

First of all, let me say that I shared a room with my sisters. Some nights, if I was still awake, I'd feel the bed shaking. Not super hard or anything, but noticeably enough. Enough so that if I was already awake, I wouldn't be able to sleep right away, or if I was asleep, I might wake up. It was a soft but very firm shaking, kind of like if someone is trying to wake you up without being loud. It would freak me out, but I didn't say much about it. I mentioned it a couple of times to my sisters, and I they both claimed they didn't do it. The bed was pushed against the wall, and I liked to face it while sleeping.

At night I'd hear the sound of pages turning, like a book. Sometimes it would be faint, sometimes a bit louder, and other times not at all, but regardless it was always distinct. I don't know the meaning behind this, but I still remember it well. When I'd turn around, I'd see nothing unusual. There was once an open phone book on the dresser, so I'd assume that's what I heard (I'd still be frightened because it wasn't always there in order for me to hear pages turn). It could've been books in the bookshelf, but they were closed. What scared me more was, my youngest sister once mentioned this to me a few weeks, maybe days before (She was around 6-8 years old at the time). At the time she told me, I only half payed attention because this was before it happened to me (that and I was creeped out and didn't want to think of it). Now that I heard it for myself, I knew something was up.

Other hauntings by castiel

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, castiel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

helter-skelter (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-05)
Wow! I have also felt that EXACT same bed shaking feeling. It can really make you feel uneasy. I've also heard distinct sounds in the dead of night like that too. Wish I knew what the bed shaking meant! Hope you are over it too:]

Helter
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Dear castiel, I feel that something was trying to draw your attention to it. You said that you were living in that house about 8 to 10 years ago. Did you investigate about the history of the house. Did you ask your mother or sisters if they experienced anything like what you encountered? Where do you live now? In that house, do some of your relatives live now? If you have not done any research about the house, if possible, please try to find out. That could give us some information about what you have encountered? If there is a presence, perhaps others might have also felt it. Please inform whatever you know or enquire and post it so that we could give our suggestions further.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: