You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Do Other Beings Really Exist?

Real Ghost Stories

Do Other Beings Really Exist?

 

I have been reading stories from this site for quite a while now. I am not really a full believer that there are other entities other than us. I am more into the maybes. Although I can sense and see things others can't perceive I still would deny them thinking they are just figments of my wild imagination.

My first encounter was when I was still around 12 years, this happened in my aunt's house where I grew up. I was asleep one night beside my cousin's wife who was pregnant that time. I suddenly woke up, what I saw almost made me jumped out of bed - a black person (reddish eyeball and whitish teeth are visible a midst the dark complexion) sitting on the edge of my bed. I rubbed my eyes thinking that I probably am just not seeing the right thing but after that he/she or whatever that is, is still on the edge of my bed smiling. I almost freaked out and I said the Lord's Prayer and after which it eventually disappeared.

After that incident, I started to see things others can't and I couldn't justify them. I am already 29 now and I've had dozens of experiences. After those, I started to question myself, are they really there or are they just part of my imagination running wild again? I once tried to inform my co-worker that someone is beside her (yes, I really saw someone beside her) but she freaked out. So whenever I see entities (if they are even real) I keep it to myself. People would ask me and I would just smile. I don't want them to see me as a freak. I want to be normal just like anyone else.

Another experience was in our office sleeping room. I can sense that there is something in that room. Something dark but I couldn't make out what that thing is. I used to be on a graveyard shift and during breaks I would usually take short quick naps. One night I went to the office early, 4 hours before my shift, so I decided to sleep in the sleeping room before I start my shift. After a few hours of sleep, I feel the need to wake up but I can't. My eyes were open but I can't move. I can hear people outside talking but I don't have the will to even move one bit of my body. There is this black smoke pushing my chest and choking me. Again, the Lord's Prayer saved me. But then again, it might have been related to sleep paralysis (maybe). After that, I never went to the sleeping room again. A lot of people had also experienced the same thing as I had (that is why I am in doubt, again). We then called the room, as the nightmare room.

I am in a new office now and I can still see things. Don't you guys think I am just imagining things too much? I mean I do not wish to see things or sense other entities. They just show themselves every time they want. But probably, they aren't real. I just don't know anymore. If anyone here could help me figure out what is going on. I made a note to myself too. As long as those entities don't talk to me, then I know I'm good. I am also scared myself that's the reason why I deny their existence.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bambam, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AshCat (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
I don't think it's your imagination in this case. I believe you are a sensitive. Claiming the space and gaining more control (as others have described in their comments) has worked well for others in the past, good luck!
lovebugs16 (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
I really do believe that they exist because I saw one when I was 11 then years after one of my cousin's choirmate mentioned that he saw the same woman I saw before. I know he was talking about the same woman because his descriptions was the exactly the same as what the woman I saw looks like. But the first one you saw really scared the hell out of me, I would scream if I were in your shoes.
bambam (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
[at] smokenmirrors... Ill check on that:) thank you for all your help and suggestions
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
Hi bambam I have heard that discretely placing convex mirrors with the reflective side facing out of windows can help to ward off unwanted "guests".
If its at all possible you could give it ago in the dorms.
bambam (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
will keep you posted... Thanks for sharing and for helping me all this time... 😁
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
bambam,

Thank you for the feedback. Perhaps the cleaning folks and the Management will allow for some changes to be made that could help.

Please keep us updated, I for one would like to know how things turn out with this space.

Respectfully,

Rook
bambam (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
[at] rook: there are actually 2 rooms - one for girls and one for boys. Each room has beds set up for them (good for 5-8 persons per room). There are no frequent visitors, there may be 2-5 persons who comes by thrice a year or so but very very frequent. No one goes upstairs except when a visitor comes and they would start to tidy the rooms. I for one would not want to go there so the place remains as it is for years. I'd try to ask the clean lady to check if what you suggested above would be feasible... Hopefully it will be...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
bambam,

When you say 'dormitory', is it the type that has an 'open bay' sleeping arrangement or is it divided up into 2-4 person sleeping areas? Is there a way to open windows to let in fresh air? Can plants be brought in or at least pictures of the outdoors?

Anything that can 'lighten the mood' in the area for people may help shift the atmosphere in this area enough that it looses the 'creepy' feeling. This may be as simple as painting the walls a calming, relaxing color.

The fact that so many people are 'in and out' of the 'Dorm' may even be contributing as moving can be 'stressful' or if the individuals are only on business trips... The stress of traveling plus the stress of 'time frame' work needing to be done will add to the 'heavy atmosphere' in this area. Heck if no one is currently staying in the 'Dorm' you may see about setting up a radio and playing hymns, classical music or even Prayers (via a radio station or looped tape)

Just a few more ideas.

Respectfully,

Rook
bambam (1 stories) (20 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
[at] rook: The third floor is a dormitory. People from other branches can stay there if they visit this place since the charge is very very minimal (100 pesos for the entire stay - days or weeks). Problem is, they would not last one night there, they would eventually move out and stay in a hotel, for the reason that the place is creepy and they can sense entities there: (So the dorm upstairs has already been labelled as the most scary dormitory in all branches (each branch has its own dormitory). One time, we had the air conditioned fixed, so people are drilling and doing stuff. They noticed that there is a frequent flush of water in the CR (every 3 minutes or so). One worker, went to the CR to check if there is a leakage or something but he said that as soon as he opened the door, someone pulled him in (seems like, these entities found the guys too noisy probably because of the drilling). So they were not able to finish the job since they were too scared to go up to that floor again. There were instances that the doors won't open unless you would ask kindly for it to open. When I checked on the history of this building, my old office mates said that there used to be a water well in this certain property where in dead bodies are thrown (raped girls mostly). I haven't really dug up anything much but ill try to when I have the luxury of time. And ill keep you guys posted.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
bambam,

I'm glad its worked for you.

Office spaces are much trickier than our own homes or 'ourselves'. Things like 'fresh air and sunshine' and discreetly sprinkling sea salt in the corners may help to 'change the energy' in this area enough that the presence you are felling moves on or perhaps dissipates all together. With-out knowing how this area on the third floor is set up its hard to make any detailed suggestions.

Again, thanks for sharing and for keeping us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Isolde (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Hi Bambam,
Very good that your home is yours! Rook's method is indeed a good one.

About the office. Well, it would indeed be weird to go and meditate. I complete agree. But you can claim your own space there too. It's like the bubble you mentioned before. How much do you need? One meter, two meters? Before you step into that room, tell to yourself, that when you go in that space is temporarily yours. It is the same 'knowing' you would have at home, same calmness. You can use your being to push it away there too. You won't sweep it out, but you can protect yourself. It takes a little bit of practice, but I'm sure you'll manage 😁.

Isolde
bambam (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
[at] rook: i've tried that cleansing method you posted even before I posted my experiences since i've been reading a lot of your posts in the past and YES IT DOES WONDERS. I've moved furniture covering my windows and right now, my house is mine... No sharing which is good for me and my family ^__^

[at] isolde: I feel peace at home. But what do I do in different places, like her in my office. We already have this place blessed by a priest but still there are instances where in they would still let me feel their presence... There is this certain room in the third where in the presence is really really strong. I don't usually go to that place to avoid being too sensitive. Since this in an office, it wouldn't be too easy for me to do the cleansing method here. They might thing I'm a total freak. Can you offer other "not to obvious" solutions to sweep these entities out?:)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
bambam,

Yet another method is this and I use this one for my home and Family...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

There truly are many, many different ways to achieve what you are trying to do, its a matter of finding what works for you.

Thank you for the update, please ask any questions you may have and let us know how things work out.

Respectfully,

Rook
Isolde (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Hi Bambam,

Good for you to try go gain control! I know that the method I wrote about, is something that will take time for grow. It's not a 'in one time-solution'.

Saille's method of sweeping the floor: you could also use this. It's excellent and when you feel lazy you can also use the vaccuum cleaner (don't forget to take out the bag and clean the filters 😁. Well, at least in my opinion. I know other highly prefer the broom 😉.

What also helps in claiming your space (your own home) is to 'know' it. Meaning that you don't have 'forgotten' spaces. I have a theory about this: these are 'places in between': very close to humans but not really 'owned' by them, for example storage rooms, etc. Perfect places for 'some'.

Yes, the meditation. During it try to visualise yourself extending to every corner: like you let yourself dissolve in mist, or pool of water that reaches everywhere. Something that appeals to you.
The goal is that you 'yourself' go everywhere, that you become part of it.
It's like when you go out of the house, and come back, and enter the door, that you feel like you never left, because in a way you didn't.

When you sense these presences try not to fear or doubt yourself (yeah, I know not easy at first), because it's an entrance for them. This 'knowing' has to grow. I expect with time you'll become better. Maybe when you feel the presence try to look it in the 'face' and try to feel calm. If you manage that, try to push it away with your 'being'.

In the house I live now, when we came to live there, in certain spaces there was, let's call it, an 'uneasy' feel to it.
I took a pillow, cup of tea and a book and right in those places I went to sit: it's my home, I'll sit here and ignore. It's not with an aggressive attitude (like 'don't f*** with me'). No, be serene and calm. Show no excessive emotions, just being at ease with yourself.

All this is written from my own experience. What works for you is something you'll have to discover for yourself. Any method works well, if it is 'made of you'. So you could adapt it to your being. The more a method is closely to your person, the better it fits and works. I hope I explained this well.

You have more power over this than you might think or feel now.

Isolde
bambam (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-28)
Thank you guys for helping me out. It has been a great relief that there are ways to at least tone down these senses.

I have tried isolde's and rook's method and it works for me though not that greatly since there are still places where in I can really sense a very strong presence that fear would begin to envelop me again. But I'm trying to shoo those elements off claiming my space and that they don't any right to scare me... I'm just hoping ill stay strong in convincing myself.

[at] andreaa11 - Not to scare you, but I tell you it's not easy to have something like I have. I'd rather stay what you are now.

I'm just glad that websites like this exists to help people with unique and weird experiences like us...

Thank you again guys for helping me... ^^
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-28)
Hello Isolde, I did not mention about third eye. Even in my Hindu culture, many scripts are available about third eye, I don't think anybody succeeded in that. But I am not fully sure and I have not gone deeply into studying those aspects of a person having a third eye. I would like to, probably in near future, to make some study about it, before commenting on it.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Saille (1 stories) (34 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
[at] Merlyn9394

Meditation means lots of different things. In this instance, I was referring to the exercise Isolde had offered to the O/P. Basically the nature of meditation depends on what you hope to gain from it. Regardless of what you hope to gain, the act of meditating normally involves calming the mind and alters your state of consciousness.

It is used to relax, sometimes to help open you up to alternate states and experience, and also it is used sometimes in an effort to calm and ease health issues. Like someone who is very stressed might use meditation as part of an effort to control and ease the amount of stress they are under.

As for chemical induction. I don't know. I know some people burn incense and listen to calming music. Somehow I don't think that is what you mean, however.

As for length of time. Meditations last as long as you need them two. If you need 5 minutes to get calm, they take five minutes. If you are working on a long guided meditation, then it could take an hour perhaps longer.

Not sure if that answers your question.

Saille
Merlyn9394 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
[at] saille,what is meditation? Can certain chemicals induce it? How does medittion work? What is the time period,min?
Andreaa11 (54 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Tanks Saille! I will try it out, and let you know how it works.
Saille (1 stories) (34 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Bambam,

Have you tried just sweeping the area. (I know sounds odd, but as you do imagine you are sweeping out the negative.) Then once you have done so seal the thresholds with a salt and water solution. Isolde meditiation should work wonders, but I have noticed for myself the physical act of sweeping a space, and then sealing the thresholds work well.

Saille
Saille (1 stories) (34 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
[at] Andreaa11

This meditation may help you toward you goal. Http://www.jonathanparker.org/jonathans-blog/meditation/third-eye-meditation
I have not used this one myself. Looking at though it seems like it should do the trick. The meditation looks handy, I don't know anything else about what they page offers and would not suggest it.

I personally am normally trying to tone down the awareness I have, so you will have to let me know if it works.
Andreaa11 (54 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Thanks anyways! I'm exploring websites, plenty of them on the subject.
Isolde (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
[at] Andreaa, I don't know any of these methods. I already referred you for that to sds who mentioned methods like this, but maybe someone else can help you with that answer. And indeed, you should use any method that appeals to you most.

Good luck!

Isolde
Andreaa11 (54 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Isolde,
Good question. I know there is meditations out there that open yourself, do you know of any? And I feel I would rather open myself than to be blind to the atmosphere around me. If it ever became too much to handle, I could always use Rooks method to close it off...
Isolde (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
[at] Andreaa11. To open your third eye? No, I wouldn't know, but maybe anyone else can help you with that.
Sds, you mentioned something about this?

Isolde

P.S. Are you sure you want to open yourself?
Andreaa11 (54 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Isolde, thanks for clearing that up! I'm the opposite, I'm about as sensitive as a brick, are there ways to open your third eye? Or in my case should I be careful what I wish for?
Isolde (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
[at] Andreaa11. Oh, I meant I never tried to describe it, but I of course did use it.
Thank you for your question.

Isolde
Andreaa11 (54 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Isolde, sorry but I am confused, you said you never tried the method you described below, but then you said it worked for you? Please clarify...
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Hello bambam, I feel the second encounter you described while asleep might be sleep paralysis. But I feel that you are sensitive to feeling, hearing and seeing the other side. You might be skeptic but I do tell you that other entities do exist. I do not think there is any need to fear but still they exist. Some people are born sensitive and some persons learn and develop sensitivity. In our country, people go through procedures to learn, contact and see the other side. In the same way, there are shields available so that you can stop viewing or feeling such things.

As WishfulNull said, either you are seeing things or your mental condition is not quite all right. But I think you are seeing things because you are also saying that one of your friends is also seeing the same things you see and you also confirmed their presence. This is what I want to say.

If you want to shut yourself up, well two others, Rook and Isolde have already suggested methods, which you can follow.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
bambam (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
I get it now... So basically its claiming territory... Creating my own bubble... And none of their kind can penetrate it... Not easy but ill try... Thanks isolde:)

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: