You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Dear Friend

Real Ghost Stories

A Dear Friend

 

It was 2010 and I was hit with a hard loss. My good friend, Nikki Reynolds, passed away in mid August. I was absolutely crushed, and it took until now to accept it. This was my first time experiencing death. I've had relatives pass away that I hardly knew, but she was my best friend. I refused to believe it at first. My mother gave me her obituary and I threw it away. I couldn't handle it at that time. I started having really, really bad nightmares about death. People dying, like friends and family, in tragic ways. Car crashes, murders, train wrecks... Anything disturbing I probably dreamed about it. This lasted every night for almost two weeks. These were not regular nightmares. They felt so real. I'd call my friends during the day and make sure they're alright.

After about a week of them I basically assumed that this would last forever, until I got a visit. In this visit, in a dream, the setting was beautiful. A mystical setting, almost. I was surrounded by a purple/ blue mist. In this aura I saw her. Nikki walked through the mist, right up to me. She was right in front of me, in a white dress. I said "Nikki, why did you leave?" and she replied to me "Stop, everything will be okay. I'm fine I promise.". Then she faded out into the mist and I woke up. I woke up in tears because it was so real to me. After that encounter I stopped having nightmares.

There was only one other time I had an encounter but this was physical. It was late at night and I was sitting on my bed, crying and trying to communicate with her. I had one of my guitars leaning on the ledge of my window. I said "Nikki if you can hear me, please show me a sign! Anything!". My guitar propped itself back up from the ledge at a full ninety degree angle. It stood straight up for a good 5 seconds then put itself leaning back on the ledge. I believe she's passed on because it's been years since I've had that encounter. I miss her to this day.

Other hauntings by Baronessie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Baronessie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
Indeed, that missing never goes away. It's very sweet of her to give you some reassurance. Death is worse for the living than it is for the dead, as they say. This story brought a tear to my eye. Thank you for sharing it!
Baronessie (4 stories) (12 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Thank you so much everyone for your comments! You all are amazing, best wishes to all of you!
Tuesdey (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it's tough, but know that she obviously loves you by letting you know everything is ok when you need it. You're loved. Never forget.
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
such a heart touching story... Sorry to say but I would like to say you that "one day everybody has to go... You can't stop it... It impossible... Its good that you dream about her and still care about her... I know she is happy about it... So I would like to say that keep faith in you"

Thanks,
MEGHNA ROY CHOWDHURY.

REGARDS.
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Aww sorry for your loss there... It's rather an emotional story: (don't worry everything's going to be alright with time: (
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Hello Baronessie, I am extremely sorry for the loss of your best friend. The easiest way for people to communicate, who passed on, is through dreams. Your friend, I think, did tell you that she was okay and assured you so that you wouldn't strain yourself. The guitar experience was one that proved her benevolent presence in your midst. Love and affection go beyond the realms of life and death. So be assured that she is present as a protective spirit to you.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-25)
I'm glad that she found a way to calm your heart and stop you from torturing yourself...I'm sorry for what you went through. I'm sure she is keeping a watchful & protective eye over you, even to this day. Thank you for sharing this touching experience ❤

Take care, and best wishes to you ❤
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-25)
Beautiful story here, Baronessie. I almost had tears in my eyes. Beautifully written.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-25)
I agree with BadJuuJuu. There will always be that wistful 'missing', but it does get easier.
Beautifully written.
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-25)
I'm glad you found peace and shared your experience here, Mahalo - 4d 😁
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-25)
It was very kind of her to let you know she's ok. It's difficult to lose someone, and the pain never goes away 100%, but at some point the happy memories will become stronger than the sad.
Best wishes

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: