You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hauntings At Emerson

Real Ghost Stories

Hauntings At Emerson

 

As mentioned in my first story, I saw the lady in white here; however, this house was haunted by multiple ghosts.

The first thing I remember happening here started in the end of fall in Sparks about 2011. I was sitting in my room around 8 pm and I heard a tapping on my window, followed by silence, and a kitten meowing repeatedly outside my window. I opened my window and began searching for the kitten using a flashlight and found nothing.

The next night it happened again, except I went outside and could still hear the kitten crying out. However, there was nowhere it could be. As I got closer to the sound it would fade away, and I couldn't hear the rustle of a cat moving through all the plants and bushes that were there. I went back to my room and heard the tapping resume and keep going until I went to bed.

A few days later it happened again and showed my parents but they couldn't find an explanation for the tapping. Now, the window in my bedroom was at least 10 feet up from the ground but it was always a consistent steady tap, in a pattern of 5 taps followed by another 2-3 in succession. I found it odd but ignored it until it eventually stopped a couple weeks later.

Then I started hearing someone walking above my closet in the corner of the room, with incredibly heavy steps in a circle for a few hours, keeping me from sleep, until it eventually dissipated. This progressed to me waking up on the weekends to the sounds of my dogs howling and barking in the early mornings when I was home alone, and someone running back and forth across the ceiling of my house and suddenly stop. This happened a few times and each time it would create this feeling of panic in me, even though I was just lying in bed.

Then my friend at the time, Mark (who had not met my family yet), was over for dinner and kept looking at the doorway to my room. I simply ignored it thinking he was just being weird. But then, when my mom came home he asked me, "Hey, was that your mom just now?" Of course I said yes, and he then went on to tell me that for about an hour he saw a woman standing in the hallway but he could only see her arm against the doorway and her long black hair, looking at us.

About a week later I started noticing a woman's arm in the peripherals of my vision every once in a while when the house was quiet and it would always be in the same spot. I've never seen it elsewhere in the house. I eventually told my older sister about it and she said one morning she remembers going to the bathroom and when she opened the door she saw a schoolgirl giving her this slightly agitated look by my door, saying nothing, and stood there for a long period of time unable to move, until she started to feel more panicked and sensed a growing anger from the girl. She said she had long black hair and very pale skin. She eventually was able or allowed to go back to her room and fell asleep with the dogs. As well she told me she could hear someone dragging there feet up and down the hallway extremely slowly at night, which would wake her and the dogs up.

One night I was trying to fall asleep in my room with my door closed, and in the corner I have these stack of miscellaneous papers because I'm a packrat. I started hearing someone pace my room from the door, to the TV, the closet and then to the front of my bed for about 5 minutes and stop in the middle of the room. For about a minute it was silent and I heard my papers fly EVERYWHERE and when it stopped I turned the light on and found them scattered everywhere. I left my room and went to living room for some water and a bit of relief from what just happened. When I returned, all the papers were put back where I had them, In the exact order I had them as well.

As well inside the house... The walls are paper thin, my dad's snoring can be heard through my walls, but the weird thing is, you couldn't hear anything from outside, even car alarms. Which doesn't make sense because the house had the crappiest insulation. It was always freezing in the house even in the dead of summer, which in Nevada can be pretty hot. But all the sounds inside the house would be extremely loud no matter where you were. As well the animals never entered my mothers room which was next to mine, and would rarely enter into my room or my dad's. And one of my dogs, Luca, refused to enter the hallway to the rooms when we first got her and would whine and cry.

Any ideas on why these spirit (s) are here or if anyone knows anything about the house? I'll provide more info about the general location if you may happen to know.

More experiences to come.

Other hauntings by DRDd

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DRDd, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
DRDd, Very interesting experience.
You mention the tapping as "a pattern of 5 taps followed by another 2-3 in succession"
To have a pattern like that seems pretty structured and deliberate to me. It stands a chance this could of been or an attempt at Morse Code.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Dear DRDd, if you feel the entity is negative, then why don't you go for cleansing. An experienced poster, Rook, has designed a cleansing method, wherein the negative energies and entities would be warded of. It secured peace of mind for my friend, who was advised by me to do the cleansing in his house. It works. I give below the method for cleansing. It can be done irrespective of the religion or faith you have. Please do the cleansing continuously and if the entity is negative, it would be driven of.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
DRDd (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-28)
Sds: Only my mom and sister ever noticed anything at the house, but I've asked and no one to my knowledge has experienced as much there as I have. No one ever got injured or anything, so whatever was there wasn't malevolent, just not positive. And we lived there almost 10 years. My mom said she felt her bed being shaken with enough force to wake her up while I was in a bed a few feet away and my sister said she could her someone shuffling in the hallway at night occasionally.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-28)
Hello DRDd, really scary encounters indeed. Still it is better to ask your parents if they had any encounters or your neighbours. Find out about the history of the house. You could get to hear and learn more from it. Make some investigation as to why the animals don't enter your mother's room. The entities, if you feel, are negative, then do some cleansing of the house.

Please keep us updated if you have any further information.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
DRDd (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
zzsgranny: I know it's been a long while. Just been busy with work and enlisting. And Sparks is part of Reno basically, the two cities are directly connected to each other. Ill try the library when I have time. Thank you!

Scarlettsnowe: What sighting are you talking about?
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Thank you so much. Those names get so confusing. I'm hoping somebody can help me figure who that man is and what happened in that area, if anything. I keep looking it up, but I can't find anything on google. I would find one possibility, like Peachford Hospital, only to find out that that site is at least a mile, if not two or three miles from where I saw him at. It's frustrating, but I know I saw him and I know he wasn't normal. Nobody walks in the middle of the road parallel to Peachtree Industrial like that- it's too busy, and he had nowhere to disappear to. 😕
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
scarlettesnowe: Absolutely! Not a problem. If you ever questions, etc., my e-mail is posted on my profile. 😊
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
This is for the mods- The sighting I had was Peachtree Industrial Blvd. I get Peachtree Corners and Peachtree Industrial confused. Would you mind editing that for me when you get to my story?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
DRDd: Nice to see you back 😊! I don't know for sure, but is Sparks on the "Nevada Ghost Towns" list? I know there are a lot of towns, like Searchlight for example, that are considered ghost towns even though they're populated, because they've retained some of the older buildings and mine shafts.

Given the fact that Sparks is currently on what used to be the Washoe Indians' territory, there's probably a lot of undocumented history. I don't know if you'll ever really be able to dig up much.

One thing you can do is a property search on the house, although, most of the info is about tax records, selling prices, etc. Maybe try the local library?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: