You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Towel Trick

Real Ghost Stories

Towel Trick

 

Aloha, if would like to go straight to my story please feel free to skip this paragraph and the next paragraph. I'd like to start my experience by giving a little background about myself first. I have been away from YGS for a while now because of family, life, and other busy things, but I wanted to reconnect with the board to put more of my experiences out there in case anyone would like to comment or relate to them in any way. Now the reason I feel the need to give the history is because I really don't want people thinking I am BSing or trying to lurk and jerk.

I am a male who has lived in Hawaii all my life. I have experienced paranormal activity ever since I can remember, Mother once told me I was challenged at the age of 6 months by an unseen force, and since then have struggled with the thought that I was a few quarts low in the sanity tank. I have recently been accepted into a paranormal investigative team, going on four years come October. Since then I have become more confident in my sharing of experiences and was validated numerous times while on investigation of the what I experience and the evidence that we find! I am not an expert on the paranormal, and I don't think my team has the ability to explain everything that happens while we are in it. But we try to help others as best we can by looking for answers to what bothers people who live in our land, and help them to find the help they may need.

It happened just this morning, Monday, April 15, 2013. I was on my way to work when my wife said she wasn't feeling well enough to drive. I decided to leave later to drop her off at work and my daughter, Nani, off at school. I called work to say I was going to be late and since I had some extra time to kill I decided to have some breakfast.

I poured some milk over my cereal, and my wife entered into the kitchen to make herself some home lunch. As she prepped her meal Nani came into the kitchen wearing her leopard shirt and pants. She looked so cute! I said "Honey, go grab your bat ears headband so I can take a picture of you!" So she took off in search of her ears.

By the time she came back I had just finished off my granola. She walked over to the sink, by her mommy, and asked her for help. "You can do it Nani, mommy is making her lunch." At that moment I spun around in my seat to take some video of her putting on her bat ears from my phone.

The record button was pressed and my little darling was acting shy. She started to scoot closer and closer to me while I filmed. One day I plan to put all these small sample videos I take of my daughter into a memory vid, so I can watch her grow up all over again. I pressed the stop button and she hopped out into the living room.

I turned to grab my bowl from the table and walked over to the sink to find my mom's old dish towel laying on the mat in front of the sink. I didn't remember it lying there earlier. "What?" I said out loud. My wife turned to look. "Did you throw this towel on the floor?" I asked her. "No, I didn't even move to that side of the kitchen." my wife replied. "So how did the towel get here?" I said confusingly. Now the reason I was freaking out about this was because our towels are tied in a knot around the bar handles of the drawers, and can not come off unless untied.

So I asked my nephew, who didn't even get outside his room yet, if he had touched the towel and he said nope... Then I remembered that I had filmed my daughter just moments ago. This would prove I wasn't overreacting about not remembering if it were already laying there. Sure enough, as I replayed my daughter putting on her head band, I could clearly see the towel tied up to the handle of the drawer. What the heck? Stranger yet, as I replayed the vid at a certain point my recording glitches, freezes, and continues playing... But stranger yet, a breath and voice, not my own, can be heard a few seconds after the vid resumes.

This brings back the story I wrote earlier, here on YGS about the "Flower Pen and the Loaf of Bread", on things disappearing and reappearing within a second! I still don't understand, and probably never will understand, how an object, a solid object can disappear from one place to reappear in another without any outside influence. If it were a ghost, why move the towel, and why on the floor?

Mahalo for reading. If you have any questions, experiences you'd like to share, or comments, let me know. I'd be happy to comment as well!

Other hauntings by 4d

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 4d, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
Rookdygin,

I will try to see what I can do about the sound file. 😐

Casper_the_ghost,

Yeah, I always appreciate a lot of what the folks at Y.G.S. Says. Rookdygin is one I always seem to agree with! ❤

Ash4321,

This has been happening a lot in our kitchen... But it always has. Not everyday mind you, but enough that if you lived here you'd know there was something amiss... 😨 Thanks for sharing, aloha - 4d
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
Casper_the_ghost,

It does more of a grunt toward the end of the video can't really make out words... Glitches about 3 seconds before I turn it off. 😕

ShadowHawk,

Haha, yeah could be 😆

Val,

No, just the sound is definetly male...

BadJuuJuu,

I just wish it happened while I was filming her rather than a few seconds after! It's incredibly frustrating. It must be intelligent if it always eludes my recorders. 😊
ASH4321 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Hey

I always seem to get this. I usually use something and put it down, and when I go to get it later its gone, I go and ask if any one has took it usually I ask my brother and he/they usually stay they have not touched it, I go have another look for it and find it in one of my draws most of the time

Ash😁
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Drat Rookdygin, can't vote UP for you anymore!
Agree with sharing the soundtrack instead of the visual part of the recording, hope the op is willing to share. 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
4d,

Is there anyway you can post just the 'soundtrack' from the recording? I ask for only the 'soundtrack' as the video with your daughter is a bit personal to share with so many folks you do not know, but I for one, would like to hear the voice that you captured during this event.

Thanks for sharing...

Respectfully,

Rook
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-28)
4d,

Thanks for sharing this story I have had many encounters in my own home with objects being moved but they disappear and I have to tell the spirit to put the item back and after that the item reappears.

Have you done any remodeling on your home recently? Because that can cause activity to start up.

I really think that this entity is just trying to get your attention to let you know that it is there.

Whitewolf,
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
What a fascinating experience! Very cool that you got evidence of it. 😁
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
Well this certainly makes one go hmmmmm. Very interesting. Any idea what the voice is saying on your video?
ShadowHawk (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
My only guess is that the ghost was drying its hands or trying to get your attention.
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
Hi 4d thanks for sharing, I love these type of stories which make you think! It is puzzling how the towel became untied all on its own and appeared flat out on the floor! Where does the recording stop on the video? And can you interpret any of what the voice is saying?
Intriguing!

Malama pono! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: