You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Call 9

Real Ghost Stories

Call 9

 

Hello again. The story I'm about to tell you happened VERY recently, like in the past handful of weeks. And it's still been going on even up till yesterday. Haven't really seen that coughing ghost (see The Sick Man.) today, but he's been around since I was in like fourth grade. Anyway, here we go.

I yawned. The day had moved slowly for me. Sitting there, staring upon piles of homework, I nearly gagged. Vengeful thoughts raced my mind as I scribbled in answers and skimmed through pages. Enough! I thought. I was getting so tired of it that I had to stand up and stretch. My girlfriend Krystal entered my mind. Hmm. I'll call her and see what she's up to. I strolled out of my room and headed off to the right. Up the stairs I went, wishing someone could just come and collect my soul and take me from this hell.

When I got the top of the stairs, instantly I could tell it was cloudy outside. The snow had fallen and fallen the past few weeks, non stop. A friend of mine had wanted to go snow boarding the next time it snowed hard. But when the time came, he simply said, "Nah, it snowed too much", or something. I sneered at the thought as I picked up the phone and dialed Krystal's number. No more than two seconds after finishing I heard a raspy coughing downstairs. Not again.... Go away, for crying' out loud!

"Hello?" Krystal said. "Yo, how you doing'." I replied. We began talking, until the coughing sound returned. What do you want from me?! Who are you?! One thing I always wondered was if this could be the ghost of my grandpa. I'd never met him, and his heavy smoking was what killed him. After finishing my conversation with Krystal I slammed the phone down as "Ghuuuuuuuuuughu ghuuuuughaaaa..." emanated from downstairs. I sighed angrily. "Do you need some cough syrup or something?!" I of course got no response.

I'd been encountering this ghost for years, and in all that time, I'd never once seen its face. I'd only had hallucinations and seen parts of it, like its legs or arms. From what I could tell, it was a man. Sort of skinny, average height, grayish white skin, a worn gray tank top, and green pants. But, no shoes. He also never seems to be transparent. It's like he's really there. He casts a shadow and everything. Typically I see him during periods of sleep paralysis, and sometimes I have dreams about him, where it's like... *more* than a dream. He's always just standing there staring at me (or at least I assume he is; again, I've never seen his face).

I angrily headed for the stairs and looked down. I didn't see any shadow moving away, as the light was cast at the stairs from around the corner. But I could hear shifting feet. Our basement is odd. The part you step into at the bottom of the stairs is finished, but to the right, there's this big unfinished part that's always dark, and full of boxes and bags ever since we moved. Sometimes I could sense the coughing ghost.... Let's call him Jerry. I could sense Jerry in there sometimes, staring out at me blankly. What the heck does he want from me?! Who is he?! These questions circle my head every time I feel him nearby.

One night, in fact, I awoke very late and saw my bedroom door closing. It was dark in the hall, too, and I could just barely make out a pale arm gripping the handle. My mom wouldn't have even been up yet, as it was 3:41 AM. But anyway, back to the point. In my room, I decided, "Ahh, [heck] with this." So I headed back up stairs. I was almost to the top, when I turned and looked back down. "Ghuuuuha ghuuuuhaaaaa...." I was really steamed. "Shut up!" I yelled. There were fifteen steps. I was almost at the top, with two more steps to go. I looked down the stairs again, and suddenly.... There was only one step behind me. I looked up again, and there was the full fourteen more ahead. Ok, you wanna fight, Jerry?! I turned and rushed toward the dark area. "Come out here and show yourself, I'm tired of this!"

No reply. I turned, and noticed a shadow heading up the stairs s-l-o-w-l-y. I snickered and hurried to the foot of the stairs. Jerry really sped up and got up to the top before I could see him. I could hear him walking across the kitchen floor! I'd never really heard his footsteps before, except when his feet are shifting and walking away from me, but today was special. I must have really pissed him off somehow. Did I breathe wrong?! Suddenly the phone rang again, and I couldn't sense Jerry anymore. Then again, I don't really know how accurate my "senses" are about these things, but it's a feeling that I'm not alone.

The phone kept ringing, so I rushed up to answer it. I looked at the i.d. The screen didn't display anything like... 555-555-5555, but instead it displayed 9. Nothing but the number 9. Unknown Caller, and then the number 9. I didn't even answer it. But again, the i.d. did not keep track of the call, so I have no proof of any of these things. That's what bothers me. It's always when I'm alone that Jerry visits our house. He always has some weird hallucination to cause me. Once, I looked in the mirror and something was weird about my reflection. My eyes.... they looked bloodshot. I always get plenty of sleep, so what's up with that? Also when I lifted my arm that same time, it took my reflection about half a second to do the same thing. I just wish somebody could tell me what they think Jerry wants. I'm tired of him, he annoys me (doesn't scare me anymore though), and I just wish he'd leave me alone.

- ©Œnter¢o®€

"The world is yours, the world is yours, who's world is this? The world is yours." - Nasir 'Nas' Jones

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-18)
I have an idea! Leave some cough syrup and a crossword puzzle in the bathroom for him. 😊
scribbl3r (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
So glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets annoyed and/or frustrated when things happen. I guess I just get irritated knowing something enjoys playing games and scaring me. I'd definitely get PO'd in your situation. Made me chuckle when you mentioned you'd hollared back at him; sounds like something I would do. Sounds like he's just stuck and wanting attention. Next time try telling him off and asking him to leave for good and see where that gets you. 😕
Ninja-cHicK (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
wow lol seems to me like you need to call ghostbusters lol,
Not being rude lol
You are prettty brave tho cause I sure as hell would not be telling some stupid ghost to come out! Cause you never know what they want! It could just want you.
You know like that gay movie paranormal activity which I have to mention was only gay at home in theaters it was pretty damn freaky! Lol
Love
*NinJ [at] -cHicK* ❤ ❤
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-04)
I would have answered "hello sewer department we've had enough of your shiat!"

God, that must be so freaking annoying
Thedreamer (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-13)
wow! You are so brave! I would have been to scared to say one word! Maybe he needs help to get to the other side? Ask him if he needs help. Next time he calls you answered it, then you can ask why he is messing with you.

raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
This one was good too. I enjoyed it. Okay, on to the next story! I hope it's just as good! ❤ 😊 ❤
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-21)
That was good and bone chilling, just the way I like it. You should've answered the phone that would be cool if you could talk to him.
ghostreader1000 (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Hey there first things first:under no circimstances should you ever play around with a quija board no disrespect to supernatrualguy but quiji boards are not the answer those things are dangerous. Contact someone who investigates the paranormal let them in on your story.

As for jerry he may just be looking for answers and trying to communicate with you and by being unsure on how to do it that is why may use the phone. But never anger a spirit it can be dangerous. Sounds like to me he is just asking for help from you to find the answers he is seeking.
mimroro (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
creepy havin a call like that! I would run outside! I love that story! ❤
supernaturalguy3710 (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
if you are really that desparate, then you should try a ouija board. Caution: ouija boards are dangerous, never play alone, and be aware of demons listening in on your conversation... Frequently ask if they love jesus... Demons can't lie to that.

email me if you got questions
Cirdan (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
Wow, this one was amazing as well.
Maybe he contacts you because you're the only one that can see him, hear him and all that?

Oh well, I'll be reading the others as well 😆 Thanks for this great story
CenterCore (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
I agree, KimSouth, I only wish I knew how to communicate with him since he has no apparent way to speak to me, other than by giving me hell whenever he's around... His appearances have definitely decreased over this past year, he still has to come out and freak me out every once in a while, whether its in my sleep or when I'm wide awake. It usedta be, he'd really only make an appearance or two if I was real tired. But lately I haven't been the least bit tired when he's shown up, I'm at a loss. All I know is I'm moving next sunday and he can bug me no more, thank God...
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
Maybe he just needs you to tell him to cross and he will find peace. Could be he is tuck here for whatever reason. He may need your help to move on.

God Bless!
FallenUnforgivenAngel1989 (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-29)
Hi something really messed up that shocked me and my fiancee is that same number has came up on our phone so your not dreaming because it has happened two or three times I do believe .Honestly I have just learned to deal with them becsuse There is weird stuff like that goes on at our house and watch out if a number
666-666-6666 comes up on your caller id because I have answered it before and its really messed up but I hope this has helped you out if you want to talk to me just email me
lizz (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-15)
I have seen a ghost in my parents basment. It chasa me up the stairs I think it likes to scare me and I want to get it out of my mind.its like my body floats to the basment of my parent house
sandy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-02)
maby just maby this jerry spirit just likes messing with you. I know people say they always want help from someone but maby just maby he likes messing with your head.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-18)
Hey, I understand you about seeing things after your grandfather died and well, we all feel like that when a loved one dies. Well, I am pretty sure that you were seeing a ghost because I don't think that you were hallucinating, well, what more can I say? I am waiting for the email that will tell me that my new story is being published so look foward to a new story. Well, your friend, Janice
CenterCore (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-18)
Heh heh, thanks Janice. Appreciate it. Yeah ghosts just don't scare me. They annoy me more like it. And it's not necessarily that I truly believe Jerry's my grandpa it's just that I started REALLY seeing things right after gramps died. Shadows, silhouettes in the dark, hallucinations like something odd about my mirror reflection, you name it. And of coarse the coughing. And sneezing, now. LOL. Thanks folks for tryin to support me, it makes me feel a little better. I'll post more stuff as it comes up. Peace!

- Core
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-18)
You are so brave to be able to stand such things. To be honest, I would have been scared if I were you. I believe you, do your parents believe you? Well, not very many parents believe "stupid" things that we say, but they just don't understand that we are speaking the truth and we don't lie!!! So do you think it was your grandfather? I don't really know if I can believe that because that person you saw was very rude and very awful to you, for it to be your grandfather. Hey, just know that if noone else like your mother or your father or anyone else can't believe you, just know that you can tell me anything and I will believe you if your not making if up which I can't be sure but I'm pretty sure that you don't lie but hey you can count on me ok?
CenterCore (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-16)
Hey
Just FYI if you wanna Email me comments too that'd be great, 'cause sometimes I might. spend extended periods of time (sometimes weeks) not looking at this site.
Center_Core_Software [at] yahoo.com

- ©Œnter¢o®€
Jim (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-16)
Damn dude. This is like straight out of goosebumps book, but REAL! I gotta say, you got guts for actually trying to find this ghost. There's been times where I've asked questions to a pressence I thought was around me, but I also get no response. Definately keep posting these stories as more interesting things happen, because I really enjoy reading them. Good luck.
miiish (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-16)
U R sooo brave ! WTG.Instead of yelling [at] "Jerry" try getting him to talk. Maybe leave some paper and a pencil in a room he visits often and ask him aloud, who he is and Y he hangs around you and to write down whatever he wants to you on that paper. He just might come around and "talk". If he does turn out to be your grandfather, you would have missed the chance of getting to know him... so be calm and get the truth out instead of trying to drive him away. If you have any old pictures of your GF, maybe you shud look [at] 'em. you might find some answers. If none of the above try digging up the history of the house. Good Luck !

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: