You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Trip To Alcatraz Cell Block D Number 11. Reserved For Laura

Real Ghost Stories

Trip To Alcatraz Cell Block D Number 11. Reserved For Laura

 

My name's Laura I'm 18, I've never had a "spiritual" experience until I visited Alcatraz for the first time two days ago. It was April 13, 2013. I was excited because I heard it was haunted and was looking to have an experience. Little did I know, the "haunt" would come back with me. I haven't stopped thinking about the odd experience I had for days now.

When I first got to the island, I automatically felt a darkness about it. I knew there was something there. When I first walked in the main building, they gave me a little radio that was my personnel tour guide. I liked to take my headphones off and walk in the silence. There was a certain peace about it, but still very creepy. The whole tour I felt very heavy and an intense feeling of overwhelming sadness. I didn't know what to think of it, I just tried to ignore it. When I got to cell block D, the solitary confinement block, nicknamed the "hole" there were a couple cells the tour allowed you to walk in. I walked in cell 11 solitary confinement cell... I noticed there was a little note on the top right of the cell. As I walked up to the note and looked closely, I read "reserved for Laura" that was my name. I immediately felt a chill up my back. I laughed it off and got my mom and told her about it. She didn't believe me and she got up to sign and took a picture, the picture said reserved for Liam. The thing is in the picture, it was completely different handwriting then when I read it and I have really good eyes I know my own name and I read my own name...

I haven't stopped thinking about it since. I did research on "Liam" and found no information. The only information I found on a "Liam" in the prison was an actor who played in the movie Alcatraz who was a little boy. I found a video of a paranormal investigator who went inside the cell and she was a psychic who picked up an inmate who was "crazy for Satan" she went on about how he was a world master manipulator and did all sorts of rituals within the cell block. I've been praying for days after that experience. I one hundred percent know for a fact that place is haunted. Go see for yourself. The next visit to Alcatraz, San Francisco... Go into the solitary confinement block into 11 and read the note on the top right upper corner. Maybe you'll see your name. Creepy.

I think that will be my last trip to Alcatraz. Please if anyone else has had the same experience please let me know. Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aspiredream2k, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-19)
Welp, this just goes to show that while I may be a empath to living people, I'm not an empath to negative energies in locations. O.O I even posed in a cell (I have no idea which one) with the door shut, and posed looking really sad. Which is uhm, kind of disrespectful to lingering ghosts, now that I think about it. I'm lucky I didn't get something thrown at me.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
Floyd: Wow, I fin that really interesting as I didn't really get vibes from 13 or 14 either. I actually had a complete aversion to (I don't know the cell number) the cell that was closest to the shower area in the block.
Floyd3592 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
I have just joined this site to post this comment. I visited Alcatraz this weekend on 02 November 2013, like many people report I found it has a very negative energy that pervades everywhere. However when I entered cell 11 in D block I was completely overwhelmed by a hoorible feeling of dread and fear. There is DEFINITELY something evil and malevolent in that cell I have never been as nervous or as affected by a place as I was in that cell. I didn't know of Laura's experience as I only came across it after doing a Google search for cell 11 D in Alcatraz. I asked one of the prison guides about cell 11 and if there had been any reports of spirits or ghosts, but he said the only reported unnatural occurrences were reported in cell 14D. I now know different of course as all of the 4 cells in 'the hole' have had reports of disturbing events or feelings. Something awful happened in that cell I just know it. I would love to know more about the paranormal investigator who visited the cell. If anyone could help me I'd be very grateful.
Sensitiveskeptic (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-09-17)
The "facts" in this concern me. You say you've prayed for days but claim this happened two days ago from writing this. I'm not the only one who caught this.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-28)
Hello Aspiredream2k, I just want to ask, you mentioned that you haven't stopped thinking about it for days now in the first paragraph and in the penultimate paragraph also you said that you have been praying for days after the experience. But you went on April 13, 2013 and posted your story on 16th, is there any mistake in the dates.

Coming to the narrative part, I also heard that Alcatraz is haunted and creepy place to visit. Seeing your name in the solitary confinement cell is quite scary. From the first paragraph when you said that, "little did I know the haunt would come back with me", I thought something followed you to home and has been troubling you. Thank God that nothing like that happened.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
Very interesting and well done story, Aspiredream/Laura. I, too, thought the title was well done and that's what drew me in. I don't read every story posted.

I can imagine getting a heavy feeling at Alcatraz. I'll try to make it there next time I am in SF.

Thanks so much for sharing your story!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
Aspiredream: I visited Alcatraz about a year and a half ago. My experience with D block was different than yours, though. I can't recall the cell number, but it was the first on the row, the almost normal one without the heavy solid door. And as far as I can remember the cells were starkly empty, no artifacts in them at all like some of the other cells in the prison.

Thank you for posting!
ShadowHawk (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
There must be lots of accumulated negative energ their either way having your name written on the cieling is creepy
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
Love the title! Haha! Nice! A reservation just for you!
I wonder, was the writing joined up so you mistaked it for 'Laura'? I bet Alcatraz has one hell of a spooky feel to it after all that's took place there!

Nice story thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: