You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: In The Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

In The Mirror

 

It was 2010 and I was dating a guy who had a troubled past. He had a dear friend commit suicide and he admitted his friend still followed him. He came to the conclusion that his departed friend blamed him for since he had experienced terrifying, yet unexplainable things after his death. Being the skeptic I am, I shrugged it off. About 8 months into the relationship, the unexplained became normal.

It was a warm summer's afternoon just an hour before sunset. I was on the phone chatting like most teenagers do. Sometimes, I'd sit in the car to continue talking to escape the noise from my family inside. After the conversation, I stepped out of the car and the door swung back and forth. I noticed something in the rear view mirror and saw someone- a boy in a red t-shirt and dark jeans standing on the road behind me. He was staring at me. I live in a neighborhood with plenty of kids and that was my first thought. I didn't expect to turn around to find no one behind me or in sight.

I immediately texted my boyfriend and explained what I had seen. He told me that I had described what his friend was wearing the night he killed himself. What I had learned really didn't bring me any relief.

We all hear that ghosts are misty, transparent figures that only haunt old homes at night. The figure of this boy was realistic and seen during daylight. If I could have taken a photograph of him, you would have believed it to be a person's reflection. Knowing my previous assumptions about ghosts or spirits had been somewhat untrue, I have been searching for similar stories. I haven't found anything similar yet. This friend of his was named Nathan and he had died a year before I had experienced this.

I still experience anxiety to this day mentioning his name or all the things he had done to frighten me while I was dating his friend. If I have time, I may publish more experiences about Nathan if anyone requests.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, madamefiend, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ASH4321 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Hey

I am skeptical of this story, the way it is written sounds like it is written like a book

Ash😕
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
The best I can do is echo the sentiments of Wishful,SDS,and Casper. The whole thing about the door and rearview mirror seems to have us all confused. Can you possibly clarify this?
I don't understand how when stepping out of a car you can even look into the rearview mirror. If you meant the side-view mirror, the image would not appear behind you. Am I missing something here?
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Please post more. I Am really interested in these stories you have about Nathan.
GIRLIE ❤
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-28)
Hi madamefiend,
Yes, I agree with sds and the others questions, would you be able to clarify on the stepping out of the car, the door swinging back & forth (my car doors don't really do this, so not sure what you mean?) and then you still being able to see the boy in the rear-view mirror... One other question as well... How did your boyfriend know what his friend was wearing when he died? (Just that, in my experience anyway, it's not the kind of details that are really talked about when someone passes away... Unless he was there when it happened? Hopefully that was not the case!) 😢. Thank you,
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-28)
Hi madamefiend, I have the same doubt as casper. Please clarify. Also, you said as soon as you got out of the car, the door was swinging back and forth and then how did you see him standing behind you in the rear view mirror? And how did you conclude it was the ghost and texted your boyfriend instead of turning around to see if it were some kids from the neighbourhood.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
moon_light_4ever (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
Nice story! I would LOVE to read more from u.
Also like Casper_the_ghost asked i'm kind of with her/him on that one.
But did your boyfriend told you more about his friend that still follows him (as a ghost)?
Maybe your boyfriend's friend don't want you to hurt your boyfriend (some friends are like that so even if they die... They will watch over their friends and make sure that their
'Okay')
I have to ask this... Are you still with him? <-- (your boyfriend)
AND PLZ TELL MORE I WOULD LOVE LOVE LOVE TO READ MORE ALSO PLZ ANSWER BACK?
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
Interesting! Hope you do post more! Would love to hear! This nathan sounds like he was a bad egg when he was alive!

I have a question though, you said this:
'He was staring at me. I live in a neighborhood with plenty of kids and that was my first thought. I didn't expect to turn around to find no one behind me or in sight. I immediately texted my boyfriend and explained what I had seen'.

If you thought it was a kid from the neighbourhood (and could of fan away or hid) why was it imporant to of text your boyfriend? How did you come to the conclusion it could of been Nathan just over you not seeing him when you turned?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: