You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Aunty Flora

Real Ghost Stories

My Aunty Flora

 

My Dad's house is well over 60 years old. I grew up in this house and have fond memories of my childhood living here. The neighbourhood has changed a lot over the years, but the house still retained its old charms.

The house is haunted. While I do not like to describe it as such, there have been a lot of occurrences that says otherwise, occurrences that still happen to this day.

Recently my aunty visited Cebu. She comes from Leyte, a neighbouring island, and she was in the city to pick up her son. It's the beginning of summer in the Philippines and schools are closed for a couple of months. Her son studies here. They planned to do some shopping before taking a ferry back to their place. As the school dorms were also closed, they asked to stay with us for a couple of days. Dad and I readily agreed as there are more rooms than occupants in this house.

My aunty has heard some of the strange stories surrounding this house. I'm sure she was a bit unnerved about staying here but hey, what's a couple of days, right? She occupied the smallest room upstairs, the one directly above the front door. We suggested for her to take the one with the air-conditioning but she wouldn't hear any of it. She was more comfortable with small rooms, she said, and besides, the room was well lit, she reasoned.

The night before they were to leave Cebu, my aunty caught up with some of her friends and they had dinner out. She came back around 10:30pm, chatted with me for a while and retired to her room upstairs. Not long after, she came down and asked me if I have been trying to call her. I did not; I was watching TV downstairs the whole time. It was not even Dad because he was already asleep, besides he rarely goes upstairs because his weak knees couldn't take the steep stairs anymore. It was not even my cousin, her son; he was still out with his friends. This happened twice that night, she was a little more shaken the second time. She said the second time, the voice was insistent, more like demanding a response from her. There was also knocking on her door, something I did not hear at all. So I told her I'd continue watching TV in my bedroom and will keep my door open. It probably worked because she did not come out of the room again that night.

She came down for breakfast the next day pale and shaking. She told us that she decided to lie down a little longer in bed after she woke up that morning; her ferry wasn't scheduled to depart until later in the afternoon anyway so she wasn't in a particular hurry. She said for whatever reason she turned to look out the window and saw a lady pass by slowly. She thought nothing about it until she realized that she was upstairs! There was no way someone could have passed by her window eight or so feet above the pavement. The way she described the lady made me think that this could be the same ghost my brother saw on numerous occasions around the house. My aunty was so scared that she decided to while the remaining hours away in a mall rather than stay in our house.

Other hauntings by Marine

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Marine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kristina_marquez (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-29)
Hi Marine,

I wonder where your house is located in Cebu (hehehe) becuase it seems pretty scary thinking that it's 60 years old and it's not only your brother and your Aunty Flora had an experience but also your house helper (as mentioned in your previous comments). Thanks for encouraging me to read your stories. ❤

From,
Kristina
Marine (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
Hello sds - I am not ruling out the possibility that the apparition could be residual. My question though is: shouldn't residual ghosts do whatever they do at exactly the same time, at exactly the same place and following exactly the same motion?

From what Tess (our house help) told me, she saw a lady in one of the bedrooms upstairs. My brother saw the same apparition (I'm assuming it's the same) in and around the house at different time of the day. I still don't know what to make of it.

I'm really just beginning to understand the "creepiness" of this place. 😨
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Hello Marine, that was quite a good narration. I could understand how your aunt must have felt when she saw the apparition. Would love to hear more stories from you.

Just want to know, the timing part, your aunt saw early in the morning, what about your brother and your house help, if they had seen at the same time, possibly, I can't say for sure, it could be residual.

Still a great story and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Marine (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Hi geetha50 - Aunty Flora did not really mention anything about negative vibes. I guess what really freaked her out was her sudden realization that she was two floors up, about 8 feet or so from the pavement and it is physically impossible for someone to "float" by her window (unless of course you're a ghost 😉)

Our house help Tess, has apparently seen this floating lady. I'm assuming this is the same apparition. I am actually saving her story for another post.

My brother is younger than I am. We used to shre a room when we were little. I remember him telling me thngs he'd seen and one of these was a lady. Again no mention of anything negative, just an apparition that he'd seen in and around the house

I have not personally seen this apparition, nor do I want to. 😊
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
It really is freaky to hear about what your aunt saw. Did she ever tell you if the ghost gave off bad vibes or if it's just something she saw? How about your brother and the house help?
Marine (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-28)
Hi Miracles51031 - Thanks for the comment. Whenever my aunty picks up her son, she'd usually come in the morning and take the ferry back in the afternoon. This time, she wanted to do some shopping so she stayed with us for a couple of days. Nothing out of the ordinary really happened until the night before they were to leave.

I wish it was Mom, but no. My bro has seen this apparition quite a number of times even before Mom passed away. Our house help has also seen this once while cleaning the rooms upstairs (I'm going to relate some of her interesting stories in another post).

Hi Valkricry - Thank you. I like your explanation but as you pointed out, all the right elements has to be aligned somehow.

I have not seen this apparition at all nor do I wish to see it. I have seen another one though while I was still in active military service and while in combat. I'm kind of hesistant to tell this story because it still scares the hell out of me, perhaps in another post
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-28)
Hi Marine,
Poor Aunty Flora. I do have a possible explination for the woman passing in the window though. (Note I say 'possible') I had a similiar experience while working at a professor's house. I was cleaning upstairs when I saw a man pass by the window (plate glass and beveled edges), I had already accepted that this place (which seemed part museum - native indian artifacts and even a child's mummy, amoung other things) was haunted, because my partner and I both experienced things we couldn't explain. This was from the Professor's 'museum' room and he happen to be there too. He asked if I had seen it. I allowed I had and this was his 'scientific explination' - a refraction of light. What I had actually seen (according to him) was a person at street level, whose reflection was caught in the windows across the street and 'bounced' onto the window where we saw it.🤔 Of course that meant an awful lot of elements had to line up. To start with, another house with a window at the right height and angle, the sun and skies co-operating, etc. Whether these elements are present in your case, I do not know. I mean the other house and window.
I did enjoy this incident very much 😊.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-28)
Marine - another great story! I guess Aunty Flora will probably be making hotel/motel accommodations next time she comes for a visit, huh? 😉

Thank you for sharing this with us. I love these kinds of stories 😆 I'm assuming this wasn't your mom, though?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: