You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Friendly Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Friendly Ghosts

 

Hi, name is Marie, I'm 24 and I live on an island in the Mediterranean called Cyprus. I've had many ghost encounters, so here are a couple. I was about 10 years old, I was sleeping with my night lamp on, as always, because I always used to be afraid of the dark. I opened my eyes and at my door there was a man standing and staring at me smiling, he was tall and transparent, this is all I remember about him, I wasn't scared at all and we looked at each other for about 2 whole minutes and then he glided away.

The next day my little brother, who was 8, told me that when he had gone to the bathroom the previous night, he had seen a tall man smiling at him and waving and then he disappeared. Nobody had passed away in our family during that period but spirits always passed through our house and our parents always believed us, because me and my brother always had the same stories for them in the morning.

Last year, when I was still living at my mom's, I woke up again in the middle of the night and felt a presence in my bedroom, I wasn't scared because, as I said, I'm used to paranormal stuff. He started messing with my stash of papers on my desk and playing with my heater, I was tired and sleepy so I told him to be quiet and he left and as usual, like all of them do, he went to my brother's room and did the same. In the morning there was police all over the street and an ambulance, it turns out my neighbor who was a detective had been discovered dead for 48 hours and he was just trying to tell us to go find his body :) poor guy!

Thanks for reading

Other hauntings by Melissa

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Melissa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Laurax (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
You said at the beginning of the story that your called Marie, but your name says Melissa? Nice story btw:)
Laurax
Melissa (6 stories) (12 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-27)
Nah he doesn't show up anymore, I guess he's moved on right:) There have been a lot of ghosts especially at my new 'old' house, I'll submit my new stories very soon:)))))
😁
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-26)
Doesn't sound like you need much help Marie. Sounds to me like you have gotten things pretty much under control. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
summer_starz7 (12 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-25)
Wow that's kind of cool! Does he show up any more? 😊 Is he the only ghost?
❤ ~ Summer

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: