You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: First Childhood Experience

Real Ghost Stories

First Childhood Experience

 

I was made to believe that ghosts and anything paranormal were just stories and made up, so growing up I disregarded any experiences I had and mostly forgot about them. I have experienced things all throughout my life but I've only recently (in the last 2 years) decided to acknowledge them and pursue my interest in the paranormal community. A few months ago my Mother admitted that she recalled me telling her I saw a ghost and now I'm starting to remember all the experiences I had forgotten. This is my first encounter.

When I was around three years old, my Uncle committed suicide. Growing up my Mother only told me that he had died of cancer. No one in the family would ever talk about his death, and seldom mentioned his name so I didn't know much about him, but I was always curious. It wasn't until a few years ago that I was informed that he had taken his own life. I still don't know why or the details of it all because no one in the family likes to talk about it, but I can understand that.

I don't remember a whole lot about my uncle. I can vaguely recall him being at a family get together but not much else. My cousins and I called him Uncle Barney, which in fact was just a nick name. His real name was Kieran, but for whatever reasons everyone just called him Barney, and so that's what we assumed to be his real name.

He visited me one night after his death. As to whether I was the only one or if he visited anyone else in the family, I'm not sure of. I can only just remember it actually happening, as I was only 3, but my Mother said I told her the next morning what happened. He was at the end of my bed, holding a baby accompanied by an old woman. He told me to tell my Mother that he was sorry and that it was just too hard, and that he was happy now.

This could be summed up to be a dream, except for one fact. I only knew my Uncle as Barney. No one ever made me aware that it wasn't his real name. The next morning, I told my Mother that Kieran had come to see me. She told me she was shocked and wasn't sure if she should believe it or not, but the information I told her and what she figured out later about that night left her no other choice but to believe it really happened.

That night I was visited by 3 people, but I only recognized my Uncle. He was holding a baby in a blanket, which could suggest one of two things. He was holding a baby yet to be born into the living world or it was a baby that my Grandmother had lost many years ago. He was also standing with an old lady who I quoted to be the 'Lolly Lady'. This confused my mother but she eventually realized that it was her Aunt who had passed away. She always carried lollies (candy) with her everywhere she went, and kids would call her the Lolly Lady. I never met her or knew of her, and so my Mother settled on the theory that the baby my Uncle was carrying was the baby my Grandmother lost, and that they had come with my Uncle to carry him over to the spirit world and check up on my Mother. As far as I know this was the only time I was visited by him, but I hope he visits me again one day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cobblezz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
He probably chose to visit you, and have you pass along his message because at such a young age you would have been more receptive. It's sweet that he had loved ones with him, and didn't have to cross over alone.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: