You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Woman In White And The Shadowy Figures?

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman In White And The Shadowy Figures?

 

Here lately strange things have been occurring around my house. I have been able to see spirits most of my life. We built our house about 5 years ago. My mother took care of an elderly friend in our house, he stayed at our home for about 6 months, and my mom took care of him. He moved out, and passed away right after the move. Weird things began happening, we have had things fly at us, and what not. (The man passed away in October)

A few months ago, my sister and I had gotten into an argument, she had thought that I kept opening her bedroom door. I had not been near her door. While in the hallway arguing, we both saw the door open itself. It did this twice right in front of us. I didn't see anything, no spirit or anything. We went and got my mother. She called out that if the one doing this was the elderly man, that he do it one more time so she knows. Sure enough, the door opened itself again.

At this time, I got a very uneasy feeling, and though I couldn't see anything, I knew that this was not who we thought it was. However, I couldn't figure out who it was. Well about a week later, I was in the bathroom getting ready to go to a friends house for the weekend, it was just my brother, my mom, and I in the house. I heard the sound of glass being shattered, and I automatically thought that it was something that my brother broken, so I called out, "what did you break this time bub?" Then I heard my mom say, "he is sitting in here with me, that wasn't you?"

I knew that something was wrong, so I stepped out into the hallway, and I saw my a picture of my step-fathers parents, shattered on the floor. It had to have been thrown from the wall, because it was no where near the location that it was hung. My mom got freaked out, to be honest so did I.

While we were cleaning the glass up, I saw something run in my mothers room. I got up, and glanced in there, then I saw a silhouette. I couldn't tell if it was a boy or girl, but It was short, so I assumed it was a child. I could feel its fear, and regret for knocking over the picture.

Nothing happened for a while. Now lately I have been seeing the same woman in our house. She is wearing a white gown, maybe a night gown, or hospital gown. It's really big on her. She has medium length blondish/brown curly hair. She doesn't say anything, and I feel no emotions from her. I don't know what she wants, or if she wants anything. But I do know that I have also seen a lot of shadowy figures since she has been there. I just want to see if anyone has any ideas as to what to do. Are all these spirits coming to my house because they know that I see them? Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DestineeHoward, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DestineeHoward (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-03)
Wishful Null: thank you for your response. I feel that these are the same spirits, nothing happened before the elderly man's passing. & I was actually in a normal mood when both incidents happened.

Amie_16: thanks for your response. Although I hope that wasn't the case, I've also heard that glass breaking is bad.
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-02)
I was told when I was little that glass' breaking is not a good sign it happened with my uncle as well the glass in his fiance's room only fell off from the wall and he had an accident. On the other hand if someone's picture frames breaks with the picture in it then the ones in picture are going to face something bad
Aminah
WishfulNull (151 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
Hi DestineeHoward, Do you feel that these are all different spirits, or does it seem like the same few keep coming around? Did these things happen before the elderly friend passed away or only afterwards? With the door incident, and also with you step-dad's picture, were you going through some stress or anger or an emotional time, when these happened? Being that you are a teenager, this may have been poltergeist activity that energy from your emotions created unconsciously... (you would have no control over it)...however I'm not sure what to say about the figures you are seeing... Perhaps this is just you, growing into your sensitivity to the paranormal? You could try doing a cleansing of your home, Rookdygin is an experienced member of this site, who has a very effective method posted to his page... Best of luck to you, I wish I had more advice for you but perhaps other members would be able to help you out more... Take care,
harrypotterrules (59 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Sometimes ghosts can be forced to repeat a certain action more than once because they did that same thing during their lifetimes. Maybe this is one of those times, like with the lady.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: