You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Creature Where I Come From

Real Ghost Stories

The Creature Where I Come From

 

I am new to this site, but I'd like to take a moment to share a story about one of my many paranormal experiences. I grew up in a old town in west Oklahoma that started as a Indian reform town. I remember when I was young hearing stories of magic and ghost, demons and angels, etc.

Anyhow, I grew up on top of the hill on Arapaho Street next door to a church but was never much of a believer, mostly because of all the evil I have seen come outta this one little 300 person town. This particular story has been a reoccurring encounter between me and, well, I don't know what.

It was my 13th birthday party, and I was setting on the hill with my friends and my step-siblings. It was about 10:30 pm and we were just talking when all the sudden I remember pointing, but I couldn't

Speak. This is where it's tricky to me. My brother looks at what I'm pointing at along with the rest and everyone sees it. It's probably about seven and a half feet tall, and it stepped over a fence in walking motion. My brother, being oldest, decided it was time to check it out and I went with but all we found were barefoot tracks. What a dumb a** that was. Reasoning being, when we all reflected on it, agreeing we'd all seen it, the only way to describe it was...Werewolf.

Fast-forward a year or two. My "cousin by blood" tells me there's a way to take another person's haunting from them, and that people in my family (mostly women) had been doing it for generations. Me, believing he is full of it, plays along, finding out later on the haunting that I was taking for myself was, you guessed it... His black magic-summoned "Demon Fido," isn't that peachy?

The really cruddy thing is, it's not the only one I've seen and this is around a 30 mile area of towns I've lived in since I was 13 until now and I'm 26.

I can lose them for a while but they ALWAYS find me again. Only now I'm aware he's looking. I just feel when he's close.

Now if you rewind to about 2003, I'm standing on my sister's porch and have never told her my story, and she tells me one and wow, it's related. They are spotlighting bullfrogs on a pond in the mid 80s early 90s and they cross an animal in their light, paying it no mind until they realize some was very wrong with this animal. When they lighted it again, it started to stand up and up and up.

I have heard the same story from all three of the people that were there at different times. The stories never change, only they are always scared with no memory of how they got home. Even my cousin who wasn't ever scared (if you gave him a knife and string and sent him into the mountains, in 3 days' time he'd build a cabin), but he was terrified to even talk about this story. All he'd say was, "Spudd, it is not of this world."

I wanted to add that every word of this is true, and a real life story of my own and I would appreciate it if no 3rd parties use this story or any part of it.

I would also like to share a small section to tell you about a gentleman I think that I have seen on my paranormal journey. Since I can't write a long enough story for just him, I'll share here.

I don't know his name, but I don't believe he's entirely human, and I know he can't hurt me. He talks with voiceless words, and warns me my demon has almost found me again. He explains he is not supposed to interfere, and there maybe consequences for him. I know he knows I see into his world, and believe he is called a Watcher, although I can find little information on paranormals (this sort of thing), even though I was warned of them years before I ever saw him... Anyone know the formal name of these entities?

Comments are greatly welcome along with any and all information or inquiries you may have on either entity.

Thanks,

Demon Knight

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SerSpuddTheDemonKnight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-27)
AugustaM - Thanks for the info. I've taken note and will see what I can come up with. Now you've made me really curious!

Regards, Melda
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-27)
HI Melda!

There is some really fascinating information out there! If you can access JSTOR from a library or university computer - the accounts you can find from period newspapers are so interesting!
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-26)
AugustaM - I have only just come across your comment on the O/P's story, a good while after I had posted my own comment.

I do know that the story of Little Red Riding Hood has some legend behind it but I didn't ever bother to research it. I think at this stage I should do precisely that, plus the legend relating to werewolves. Will do so tomorrow - almost bed time for me here in South Africa 😆

However, werewolf a wild animal? I don't buy it! Just another legend in my humble opinion.

Regards, Melda
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-09)
Actually, if you trace the roots of werewolf stories in Western culture, werewolves are seen as anything but benign. The first stories seem to relate the werewolf with the potential evils of adulthood and sexuality - i.e. The quite literal beast in the woods that will get you if you stray from the path. One of the earliest accounts of a suspected werewolf was the root of the Little Red Ridinghood story - the Beast of Gevaudan in 18th C France. In this situation a very real beast was killing children in and around the rural countryside. Granted, in that episode, the beast was never caught so it's identity could not be proven but there were numerous sightings and eye witness descriptions.

It could be argued that because the werewolf has remained in the realm of cryptozoology that it is therefore classed as the 'unknown' a category historically most feared and demonized - making its mystery the only reason for it to have been feared and seen as evil. This is possible. But I feel like the modern Western view of werewolves as cuddly, benign and even sexy has more to do with pop culture than anything else.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-09)
AlaskanWolf1 - The O/P might not even reply to this as it is a pretty old story. What makes you believe that a werewolf is a wild animal?! First time I've ever heard that description of it LOL.

Regards, Melda
AlaskanWolf1 (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-09)
Hi that is a interesting story. To what I know werewolves are not evil, but some people do think they are not of this world. Quite often though werewolves are harmless I just would not advise going near one. After all it is a wild animal.
Para-Hunter-Anne33 (19 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-19)
SerSpudd, As some people here have agreed, this world does seem to have weird things happen to some certain people at weird times in their lives. I am one of those myself. In my instances with strange/mystical/paranormal etc... Xperiences, I find that reading and learning about all that I can makes for a better informed, and better 'armed' (prepared) intelligent Para (normal) Investigator (or Hunter):) Indian legends and histories on skin walkers, and werewolves are good places to start-- Yet, there are magicians and ancient medicine men/women and shamans who are able to (according to non-fictional books and articles) focus their energies to attune with nature and the environments and WILL themselves to shift into wolves (and other were-creatures). Also, If you are still wanting to know about the person who 'warned' you about being found out by the creature hunting you-- You called him a Watcher? To learn more about the Watchers-- They are a classification of lower level guardian ANGELS. And there are nearly close to an infinite amount of books, articles, essays, websites, pages, etc. On Angels and In the Holy Bible The Watchers are mentioned. And Any general search on "Angels Watchers" or "Watchers," should get you started. And just an afterthought, I noticed no one here mentioned that some Native American Indian cultures also hold strong beliefs and reverence/and avoidance generally of what is termed a "Wendigo." (Venn-dee--go) you can check that out also. Thanks for your sharing, and Stay safe.SLAEM
tomtomjh1983 (11 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-03)
Though I don't know much about them, I do suggest you research 'Skinwalkers'. Out of most of these explanations this seems to me to be the closest. However from what I do know they seek out power. If you're being followed there's a good chance you may possess some ability strong enough to warrant their attention.

If you do possess some great strength, it would also be strong enough to repeal them. These 'Skinwalkers' do have strong abilities as well, but like all forms of life they are bound to the laws of this world and the next.

Practice and grow your gifts and use that gift to protect yourself. God bless!
Narella (guest)
-2
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
Valkicry:Just because something is found on the internet on multiple sites doesn't mean it is accurate. Think back a few months ago when the rumor started that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were married. One gossip site started the rumor and pretty soon there were hundreds of stories on the internet about a marriage that didn't happen. The story being on many sites didn't make it true. The closest thing I've seen to a werewolf in my readings was a creature described in Mohawk legend. But it still wasn't a werewolf in the sense most people use it.
To answer the question of how I defined a werewolf, I define it the way most people do. No need to use the dictionary to try to prove your point on a technicality. I've taken up too much space on the OP's comment section. I won't comment on the werewolf thing again. So I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
Narella, what definition do you use for a werewolf? The American Heritage Dictionary uses,"A person believed to have been transformed into a wolf or to be capable of assuming the form of a wolf."
Did you miss the entire part in the legend of the man developing a wolf's head and paws, though his body remained human? If you had to describe something like that, wouldn't you use the term 'werewolf'? That's just one of the legends.
I couldn't agree more that there are more reliable sources than the one I gave, but it doesn't change the legend. The same one can be found here: http://www.ehow.com/info_8625863_indian-legends-wolf.htm as well as many other places on the internet.
I am enclosing another link to an article based solely on the fact that I think you might like it. Full text of "The origin of the werewolf superstition" http://archive.org/stream/originofwerewolf00stewrich/originofwerewolf00stewrich_djvu.txt
It's long and somewhat dry reading, (ok you probably won't like THAT part) but it does go into the Native Americans' belief in 'werewolfs'. (If your eyes don't cross first at the difficult of the read! I know mine sure did - several times.) But it was written in like 1909 so... Anyway, I'm going to copy and paste this little tid bit for you:
"The Iroquois believed in people who could assume a partly animal shape. See Grinnell, Blackfoot lodge tales, p. 79: "An old blind wolf with a powerful medicine cured a man, and made his head and hands look like those of a wolf. The rest of his body was not changed. He was called a man-wolf."
There's more references to the American Indian tribes, but my eyes are still crossed.
I did find the exploring of the Legends in other countries as well, very interesting.
And it's ok to disagree with me. That helps make discussions interesting. 😊
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
Valkicry: I just realized I left a sentence out of my previous comment. I'm not sure if the site you gave the link for would be the best place for information.
Narella (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
Valkricry: I'm going to respectfully disagree with you on the werewolf issue. Many tribes honored the wolf because of the bravery and loyalty shown by the wolf. Some believed those characteristics could become part of them through ceremonies. But they didn't believe they actually could become a wolf. I know some tribes believed in shape shifters. The wolf was one form that was taken. But the shifter doesn't become a werewolf or wolf man. As for the Blackfoot legend referenced in the link you gave, I have two problems with that. How could you get a tribe believed in werewolves because of that story? Also, if you're really interested in this, some tribes have official tribal web pages that give great info or can direct you to sources to get the information you need.
I don't know what the OP saw. BadJuuJuu could be right about it being an elemental.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
At SDS - ah, I see where you are coming from now. Yes, I too am on the fence. I do know that Oklahoma and Wisconsin do have a fair amount of 'werewolf' sightings reported. Yet they are usually average wolf 'height' but standing on 2 legs and not four. So maybe, if a big wolf, maybe MAYBE 6 feet.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
Hi Narella,
There is the Mohawk,Blackfoot,Novajo, and Hopi to name a few. Wolf Men are also known as skin walkers in some of these legends (Hopi, Navajo, and the Lakotas). Their belief was not that you became a werewolf (not a native american term, as you know) not through a bite, but by wearing the animal's skin.
Here is one Blackfoot Legend for you: http://www.firstpeople.us/FP-Html-Legends/The-Wolf-Man-Blackfoot.html
I did a quick skim, and if you use the search "werewolf Native American legends" you can turn up quite a few of them. Happy reading!
😊
Narella (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
Valkricry: I've read a great deal about Native Americans. I've never run across a story about wolf men. What tribes are you talking about? I'm curious.
psychicmama (1 stories) (51 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
I have never seen the Fringe nor ever heard of it in my life. When I read SerSpudd's comment that the watcher was short, I took it as a reference to how the watcher differs from the thing which stepped over the fence at 7.5' tall. I in no way felt it was tied to the show--since I had never seen it and had no point of reference. Just trying to point to the possibility that the comment may be an innocent remark... Often difficult to tell when reading rather than talking. (At work we all struggle with email misinterpretation.)

SerSpudd thank you for sharing your story. I found it intriguing. I hope you will share more so that we can have a better undertanding of what you have seen over the past several years.

Kind regards,
PM
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
Dear Val, I do know about werewolf. But I still hold that I find it difficult to accept this narrative.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
Oh geeze... Can I claim lack of coffeeitis? Lol
At SDS: A werewolf isn't exactly an entity. More of a shape-shifter, which would leave footprints/tracks. Many lump them (just like witches, and vampyres) in with the paranormal.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
Hi, I find it hard to understand and if it could be treated as a sighting at all. You said that you had seen a 7 and half feet tall entity and after you pointed it out and others saw it, all you could come to see was barefoot tracks. I do not know if the paranormal entities would leave barefoot tracks.

All other stuff you explained about taking away black magic from others and because of it, you came to be haunted are quite far-fetched. It is not that easy, my friend. Also a watcher warning you about the demon that has almost found you again. I think it is better that we first rule out the medical possibilities for you. I advise you to have a check so that these are not things of your mind.

I am not saying that you and your cousins did not see or sight anything strange. However, what you explained in your narrative are quite difficult to accept and digest. I don't mean to offend you but this is what is my opinion.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-05)
Hi Val, I think what Scarlettesnowe meant, is that I never mentioned how tall the watchers were, in my comment to the original poster...😁

Scarlett, I think Val was just confused, because you had referred to me as "him", but I'm actually female - haha, no worries - it's hard to tell sometimes who is male/female, from usernames! 😊.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-05)
It was in his comment, Scarlette, "I have never seen the fringeand my watcher isn't tall hes short maybe about 5 foot or a little taller. " 😉
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-05)
WishfulNull has a good point- he never said in his post that the watchers were tall. How did you know?
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-05)
I know that many American Indian tribes have legends about 'wolf men', or shape shifters that turn into wolves, and these legends pre-date the arrival of the white man. Old legends, like old wives tales tend to have a grain of truth in them. Interestingly enough, werewolves seem to be a world wide phenomena and there are many sightings reported even today.
At Wishful: Good point!
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+5
11 years ago (2013-05-05)
Just very curious, but how did you know that the watchers on the show Fringe are tall, (or a different height than the ones you have seen), if you've never seen the show? 🤔
SerSpuddTheDemonKnight (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-05)
That may seem fesable... I'm not sure really what they are, but I believe in just about everything so werewolves seem feesable to me as well
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-05)
When I was little, I saw what looked like a werewolf to me, around sunset at the edge of the woods. A few years ago, someone I trust told me he saw something that looked like a werewolf in the same area, and that it had reverse jointed legs. I don't know what these things are, but I simply refuse to believe in werewolves. Silly maybe, since I believe in everything else, but I draw the line at werewolves. I think they may be an elemental of some sort, but not friendly to humans.
SerSpuddTheDemonKnight (1 stories) (8 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-05)
I am sorry for the story sounding effect I just used the third party thing because I don't wish for some to. Get rich off of my experiences. I have never seen the fringeand my watcher isn't tall hes short maybe about 5 foot or a little taller. I know he isn't suppose to interfere but it doesn't mean he dont. Badjuujuu, as for the. First one I saw I never seen it up close, nor the thing my brother in law, sister, and cousin seen. As for its legs, I didn't pay. Attention I been scared shiatless everyttime I see it... However, I know it looks like a dog, and walks upright like a man. Also I believe its not from here (this plain of exustense) and I believe its not something to mess with unless I figure out how to get ridd of it. It has only approached me one time and I was with a friend we saw it in the woods by a lake while we were walking to my house from a day of fishing. I'm not really looking for answers, mostly just trying ti figure out if anyone else may have. Had these experiences or know what I am dealing with?
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2013-05-04)
Ok, the "watcher"...um, do you watch the tv show Fringe? The watcher is a not-quite human (more like a human-like alien) who observes the goings-on of humans & events, and who is not supposed to interfere with them.

An entity 7 1/2 ft tall stepped Over a fence at 10:30 at night and your brother wanted to go check it out... But then all you found we're tracks... Did you watch it run away? Did it disappear? You mention "all the evil" you've seen come out of your town... What do you mean? It sounds like a movie...What's with the "no 3rd parties may use this story or any part of it" disclaimer? That kind of makes it sound like a fictional story... Its already stated on the YGS site that anyone wishing to use material on here must get permission.

I'm sorry Ser Spudd, this one is just too "out there" for this skeptic, I guess. If you're looking for answers, I hope you find them... I'llI still wish you the best of luck from out here on the fence.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-04)
Good morning SerSpudd. I would love to be able to help you, to give you solid answers and advice on how to be rid of it, but I can't. I just don't know anything that may be helpful. I do believe you've seen a werewolf-looking entity, the world is full of strange things. I have a couple of questions.
First question, may sound silly. Did you get a good look at it's legs by any chance, and if so were they reverse jointed like a goat's? I know that's a crazy question, but I'm curious.
Secondly, has it ever approached you or attempted to interact in any way?
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-04)
Nice and scary story. I'll wait for your other experiences too send those stories as well 😊

Thanks and regards
Aminah

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: