You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost At My Elementary School

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost At My Elementary School

 

I see ghosts everywhere. I see shadow people, mist figures, orbs, lights and even full bodied apparitions that I sometimes think are real people. This story is one of those experiences.

When I was in about third or fourth grade, I came to school one day to find that my best friend wasn't there. She had been sick the day before, so this didn't surprise me. But what did surprise me was that another girl was sitting in her seat. I figured that she was a new student. She had long blonde hair with a red bow in it and a blue, satin dress on. I awkwardly walked over to my seat, which was right next to hers and sat down. I was a very outgoing little girl, so I turned around and said "Hi." She didn't say anything. She just stared right ahead. I didn't know what to do so I just looked at her for a while. I noticed that she didn't have a backpack and asked "Where's your bag?" She didn't say anything again. By this time, I had gotten annoyed and gave up on trying to talk to her. But when our teacher asked us to take out a pencil, I pulled out two from my back pack and turned around to give her one of them, since she didn't have one. But when I turned around she was gone.

I found this really strange, but being young, I didn't think that it was paranormal. I was just really confused. I looked around me and said "Hello?" I couldn't find a trace of her. My teacher asked me "What are you doing?"

I asked her where the little girl had gone. She had no idea what I was talking about. I told her that a girl had been sitting in the seat right next to me and that she wouldn't talk to me and that she was gone. My teacher's face went white and she asked me "Are you just trying to scare me?" I said "No! She was right there!" I kept trying to explain about it but the other kids started making fun of me and calling me crazy, so I stopped talking about it. Little did I know that I would see her again.

I was going to be dancing in the school's Christmas play that year. Before the show, I ran back to my class room with another girl to get the hula hoops that we were using in the dance. The lights were off, but light was shining through the window. I looked toward the window and saw the girl standing there, looking down at the floor. I all but screamed and when I turned the lights on, she disappeared. By now, I knew that she was a ghost and I started crying and telling the girl that I was with that I had just seen a ghost. She called me crazy and ran out of the room, leaving me to get the hula hoops by myself. I ran in, got the hula hoops and ran out. As I was running out, I felt a presence behind me and heard an extra pair of footsteps.

I was so scared after that and refused to ever go in the classroom by myself. Kids made fun of me so much for the rest of that year and called me "crazy" and "witch". But I know what saw.

Other hauntings by EveryHour

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EveryHour, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EveryHour (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-05)
Thank you! I've looked into this gift a bit more and I think that you're right. By the way, my younger brother currently goes to that school now and I think I will be able to do a bit of research, so I will look into it!
earthtogillian (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-09-28)
I found this post very interesting.

I think you have the "gift" as you have seen apparitions and the like and you're possibly not aware of it.

The girl you have seen may have needed help from you which is a shame because you didn't. I don't blame you though because you didn't know you had the power.

I do think now's the time to be a little bit more aware of what you have. You are very special. You shouldn't mind people calling you names because that would make you even more special but in a really good way, of course.

Great job narrating the story!:)
EveryHour (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-09)
I've been trying to do research and I haven't found anything yet. I'll keep looking. And yes, I'm definitely going to ask the teacher.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-05)
Hey there! Must've been hard for you to deal with so many kids calling you names, but its okay to be special. Well it is possible that the girl's spirit needed you to help her out of something? Just trying to guess. If possible, try to dig up some information. Let us know if you find anything. Be good. Thanks.
-Shady.
rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-05)
Nice story. Did you see in her school or anywhere after that? Like all others, I'm pretty sure she's an ancient student's ghost who must have died in the school. Did you find out anything else about her?

Rockangel13
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-05)
EveryHour,
I was thinking about what you said the girl had on. A blue satin dress would not be normal school attire, however it is something one might wear for school picture day. Did your school perchance have year books? You could try looking her up in that.
Your teacher's reaction was indeed suspicious. If she still teaches there, maybe you could visit her and ask her. You could also look into the history of the school and see if something happened there.
It was wrong of the other kids to call you those names. But, grownups are sometimes no better (where do you think the kids learned this cruelness from? The adults in their lives.) I would wager that many of us grew up hearing such things. But like you said, we know what we saw and we know we aren't crazy.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-05)
Hello EveryHour, thanks for sharing your experience. But did you do any further investigation. Leave the other students making fun of you, but what about the teacher. Why did her face go white. If you had seen the girl, then probably some others must have also seen her. Your seniors or juniors in school. Possibly, if you stay nearby, you can still do some investigation even now. If you are in contact with some teachers or your seniors, you can definitely find out. Try out and if you find anything, please keep us posted.

Nice narration.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
EveryHour (8 stories) (30 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-05)
I didn't find out who she was, but I was thinking the same thing about the teacher. I'm thinking that either she used to teach the girl or she had seen her too.
psychicmama (1 stories) (51 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-04)
EveryHour, thank you for posting! A very good story indeed. You mentioned that your teacher went white. Did she know the student you saw? Would she have been the ghost girl's teacher?

I'm sorry people called you witch and crazy. You know that you are not either of those things. Don't listen to them.

Kind regards,
PM
Ms_sparkles (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-04)
I'm now in middle school but at my school there is one campus for k-3rd and one for 5-12th. Sadly a child in third grade died a few years ago at the little kids campus and this year my school flooded so we have been at that campus. Lets just say there have been weird occurrences since we've been there... 😭 😭 😭
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-04)
Hi EveryHour!

I like your story but I think she was an old student's ghost...
Did you see her at home or any other place than school?
DrivingWild (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-04)
Did you find out who this girl was? She is probably in the school archives I don't know. REALLY interesting story though. Poor girl.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: