You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Can It Be? Maybe? No... But Yes

Real Ghost Stories

Can It Be? Maybe? No... But Yes

 

Something happened to my dearest of friends, or more like an aunt. I have always known her and her awesome family since I was a baby (she was a friend to my parents). I'm around the same age as her grandchildren, so when I heard of her passing, it hit me real hard. (Plus I didn't hear about her passing until 3 days after she had passed; so that just added to the grief.)

Well, after I had one last conversation with her at her funeral, I felt like a ton of bricks hit me. After I found out about her passing I had this feeling, but after the funeral it was a lot worse. To get my mind off of the fact that I would never hear her crazy loud laugh and her oh-so funny humor, I drove my younger siblings around town. My friend called me and said she needed a ride from one town to another so I figured I'd go pick her up, just so I can keep driving.

While I was driving down this long road to go and pick my friend up, I felt the need to slow down. Don't know why, I just slowed down from a cool 60 to a slow 35. My siblings were telling me stories so I was going back and forth from listening to stories to driving; and for some odd reason I looked straight ahead. A tan car came blazing down the road, kind of swerving, like an old lady or old man was driving. I thought to myself, cheese and rice they're driving the way (friends name) drove! Had a chuckle to myself.

My siblings kept talking away during this whole time. I stared at the car as it drove by us and I noticed the lady driving was smoking and waving, which was odd because she didn't have her hands on the wheel. I kept staring until the car actually drove by us enough for me to look in. It was my friend who had passed. She was waving really hard, smiling and I could hear her laughing (my windows were rolled up and my siblings were still talking).

I hit the brakes and yelled "OMG THERE GOES (friends name)!" My siblings looked around and then looked at me puzzled. I said, "That car that just drove by! That was (friends name)!" I could see it going over a hill as the siblings were looking back, I kept saying "THAT ONE! THAT ONE!". Both of my siblings held my arm and said "Calm down sister! What car?!" So I turned around fast and went flying down the road, it was a straight road and you could see for probably about 5 miles. No car in sight. Then my little sister says, "Sis, I don't want to say anything that'll make you cry or feel crazy, but a car didn't just drive by. It was just us on this road." (my brother nodding in agreement). After they had told me that, I felt that dragging feeling leave me. It's hard to explain, but what I can say is, it felt like when someone would sit on your chest and get up slowly, you feel that pressure slowly leaving and you get more comfortable. That's how it felt, it changed from a harsh, dragging feeling to a light, comfortable feeling.

I've been wanting to speak with a medicine man about this, because I feel like this is happening more and more. I'm not afraid of the feeling nor am I afraid to see them anymore. Every time I do, I know that they are alright and I am alright. It's weird because my mother used to tell me all the time that I had imaginary friends that were deceased. I never said 'dead' I said 'deceased'.

I just know that this is going to be one of many stories from not only my immediate family, but others as well.

Other hauntings by m4dm1nnes0tan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, m4dm1nnes0tan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SpookyCasper (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
Hey m4dm1nnes0tan,
Nice Story. I agree with sds, scarlettsnowe and valkricry. She was just saying Goodbye and inform youu that she was happy 😊.

Thanks for sharing.

Casper.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
Hello m4dm1nnes0tan,

This is quite a nice encounter. I feel that since you heard of your friend's demise 3 days later and that you felt that you won't be able to see her or hear her laugh and that feeling of yours was weighing you down, she showed herself to you and also that she was waving to you meant that she said good bye to you and that she has been happy as ever.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-05)
I think maybe she was just saying goodbye and letting you know she was happy. 😁
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-05)
m4dm1nnes0tan,
In an odd way, this is actally a kindof happy story. You got to see your friend one more time and know that she was happy.
You could be a clairsentient. Clairsentients are sensitive to energy and can feel air pressure changes around them that indicate spirit presence (the pressure on your chest). The word itself means "clear feeling".

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: