You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Unwanted In My Own Home?

Real Ghost Stories

Unwanted In My Own Home?

 

I have had several experiences through out the years (which I hope to post here for feedback) but this one I think is the oddest one, and any feedback would be appreciated. This instance occurred a couple of months ago.

I live in a 2 bed apartment with me, my 14 year old daughter, my 4 your old son, and my 1 year old daughter (me and my husband our newly separated around a month or so). My mother came to visit and bring some sweets for the kids. She seemed to be in a hurry and called me out side to come grab them. I had my youngest daughter on my hip and my 14 year old daughter ran outside ahead of me to say hi to her gram. Now, My son was not at home at the time but visiting his aunt, and my daughter had one of her friends staying the night that night but she decided to stay in my daughters room and didn't come with us outside.

My daughter chatted with my mom for a bit and headed back in the house, I said my good bye's and was about 2 seconds behind her and when I tried to open the front door it was locked... I was a bit miffed and pounded on the door because I was directly behind my daughter and wondering why she would lock the door. She opened the door and immediately walked down the hall back in to her room and shut her door. I followed her in and tried to open her door to ask why she locked me out of the front door when she knew I was walking in directly behind her and her room door was locked! By this time I am more than miffed, she opens the door and has a weird look on her face and I asked her "Justice why did you lock the front door when you knew I was right behind you and now your locking your room door!"... She swears she didn't lock either door and her friend that was staying the night was able to confirm that she did not lock the room door. (she had stayed in the house in my daughters room while justice ran outside to chat with her grandma).

Now the doors in my apartment are the little twist locks where you turn the little tab thingy in the middle of the door knob and the front door has a dead bolt... Neither of these just lock on their own or could possibly be half turned because when you turn the knobs when their half turned it will just pop it back to the unlocked position. So I am really confused. I just kind of felt a little unwanted in my own home lol or that someone was playing a trick on me. Not sure what to think... But any thoughts would be appreciated.

Other hauntings by justice6920

 

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, justice6920, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
Thank you for the reply. Well after reading all the answers, I don't think the entity means any harm to you and your family. Talking of your puppy, I am intrigued with the fact that she growls and barks during the night time. You don't really have to worry about it because spirits do like their presence to be felt but if you still want to get rid of it, you can call upon your religious representative and have your home blessed, or you can even pray for their spirits to seek peace. If any of these doesn't work, you may try the cleansing method by Rook as I believe it can be more effective, so up to you. Take care.
-Shady
justice6920 (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
Wishfulnull -

Thanks for your reply... This has never happened before with the doors. In the home we just moved from I have had doors swing open on their own tho but never shut and locked. I have been pretty sensitive to these kinds of things my whole life and it wouldn't surprise me to know my children are as well.

Its very possible with all that's going on that it could be a manifestation of negative energy... I just might have to try the cleansing method.

As far as the sleep paralysis you could be right. I have done a bit of research and some of it does fit the description, altho I have never had a sleep paralysis incident.
InnerTurmoil (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
Hi justice it is weird alright it dosn't sound like anything too bad though It could be worse it seems like its just a poltergeist they won't harm you but they can be annoying as hell pardon the pun 😜
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
Hi Justice6920, has this ever happened before, with the doors? I'm glad you mentioned about what kind of locks & if its possible it was 1/2 turned... I was going to ask about that 😊. Hm... Being that you have felt things in the house already, and your children seem sensitive to the paranormal, it seems you have passed your gift of sensitivity on to them! Your daughter is 14, and it is a theory that children in their teen years can stir up poltergeist activity, because of the great amt of energy (confusion, angst, high emotions, you-name-it) they have. She would have no control over these happenings, they are simply random things - good news is that she is likely to "grow out of" causing these small events once she gets through her teenage years. As for the presence you felt pressing down on you, I'm afraid that I'm out of my area of "expertise" on that one... A few thoughts- Sleep paralysis is one possibility, but it may be something else as well - you said you lived there with your husband for a short time, and now you are separated... There may be some negative energy trapped in the house. You could try doing a cleansing/ shielding in your home. Rookdygin is an excellent member of this site, and he has Rook's Cleansing Method on his page, which many have said is very effective. Best wishes to you,
justice6920 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
Shady -
I did have an instance one night where I felt there was a presence (gonna sound weird) coming from the ceiling and pressing down on me... I felt so terrified and it just all of the sudden stopped... This could have been sleep paralasis tho (altho I have never had that happen before)

My youngest daughter will giggle and laugh and chatter away to when no one is there... All of my kids have done this tho... My four year used to tell me (at the last place we lived) that there was a lady named maggie... He was scared of her at first but I guess he got used to her being there because it didn''t seem to bother him after a while, and she seemed to stay in the living room (so my son said). I am not sure how he got the name becuse we don't know anyone named maggie. So I have to assume he was really seeing someone.

We do have a pet... She is a puppy and we have had her for about 2 months... I do every once in a while hear her bark or growl in the middle of the night... But other than that she doesn't seem to sense anything I don't think.

My husband was only in the apartment with us for a short amount of time since we seperated shortly after we moved there. I don't ever recall him saying anything... He has experienced a couple things in the last home though.

I live in a HUGE apartment complex which I do know is pretty old but I am not sure exactly when it was built...
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
Hey there! I have several questions:
1. Have this thing ever tried to be physical with you and your family?
2. Does your youngest daughter shows any sign of seeing someone invisible to you? (Babies tend to see spirits, I heard)
3. Do you have any pets?
4. Did your husband feel the presence too?
5. Ever tried to find out about the history of the house you're living in?

Well I know that's a lot of questions, but that's it for now I guess. Hope to have a reply from you soon. Be good. Thanks.
-Shady

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: