You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Are They Mad?

Real Ghost Stories

Are They Mad?

 

I have lived in my house now for 8 years with my husband and 3 children, we know our house is haunted, we have always heard strange noises, voices, things missing etc. Our ghosts or spirits have never been violent or scary and we have learned to cohabitate, but for the last year we noticed that when one of us leaves for weekends away or vacations, the activity starts up more than usual. This last time we left for a week long vacation, the girl who watched our house refused to stay at our home. She said one day she came in to feed the animals and they were all spooked and all the kitchen cabinets were all wide opened, and now has refused to watch our house again.

Well we have decided to move, not because of our ghosts but for work. We started packing and now the activity is through the roof. They are keeping one of my daughters up at night, I hear steps around my room, and woke up to a shadow standing over me. I have never felt afraid but I'm starting to.

Are they mad at us? How do we handle this? Any ideas? We have the feeling that our spirits are that of the previous owners. We have always said that we have had the feeling that the house needed us. We have had many wonderful and hard times in this house, but its always been the hub for everyone to come, and people have always said that when they come over they feel at home, and for some people and children this home has been a safe haven for them. We have a lot of love and respect for this house and it will be missed very much, but we don't want to piss off the spirits...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jennfelber, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Andelas (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-09)
Maybe the spirit doesn't want you to leave? Maybe the spirit wants you to stay with it because it's lonely and only you stay with it. 😐
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
I agree with Unexplained. In my first post here (the story about the ghost kid) a friend of mine and I did the same thing, we just mindully had a nice group discussion. It's a nice expierience, or can be. And if they're not into following you, maybe they'd like to know all of their business here is done and they should go to the light. Kinda sounds like they felt they had to stay and help, doesn't it?
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
It does sound like whatever is there has become attached to you and your family. Why do you think it might be the spirits of the former owners?
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
Hi jennfelber!

Your story reminds me of the film "bhootnath" watch it with subtitles it is exactly your story and do what they did to get rid of the ghost 😆

Regards Amie
SpookyCasper (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
Hey jennfelber,

I agree with Unexplained and Shady4u. Like Shady4u said I think you shoould get the house blessed or pray/help the spirt's in the house to cross over.

Thanks for sharing.

Casper
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
Hey there! I believe what Unexplained has said can prove to some good but in case it does not help, try getting a priest (hope you're a believer) and pray for the souls dwelling in the house. Let us know if anything happens. Be good. Thanks.
-Shady
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
I think they're quite fond of you by the sound of this. You must be bringing some harmony to the site when you're there. I've heard that spirits can become possessive of the living and vice versa.

Have you tried to talk to them and explain what you're doing. Just be polite and firm and wish them the best with any new owners who happen to move in after you guys move out.

Not sure if this will help, but that's my first suggestion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: