You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandpa... Returned One Last Time

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandpa... Returned One Last Time

 

My name is Surupa. This happened to me around the year 2003 and had just moved into our new apartment; since my grandfather had passed away before we entered our new apartment in NCR area of Delhi, hence we could not perform a pooja and had to make do with a small pooja which I performed on behalf of my parents. The plan of my apartment is fairly simple, we have small lobby followed by a medium sized living-cum-dinig area. Also there is a pooja room+library, moving along that way is the kitchen and a utility verandah. Then comes the guest room with an attached bathroom, diagonally opposite is my room which I use rarely due to heat and directly opposite is my parents bedroom with another bathroom; it shares a wall with the bathroom attached to the guest-room.

Everything was going fine until one summer night I was washing up after dinner in my bathroom attached to my parents bedroom and had bent down to rinse my mouth.

Since I was the only person in the room at that moment, I was a little scared of the silence. I felt the hair on my head stand on end and a voice calling me by my pet name "Bonnie" and a hand on my back. I immediately straightened up and faced the mirror only to see nothing around and as the air conditioner was on in the bedroom the room door was closed and my parents were in conversing in the kitchen with each other. There was no way anyone could enter without my notice as the door to my parents bedroom squeaks and I have an acute sense of hearing.

I informed my parents about the same and ended up getting laughed at as they are hardcore sceptics and do not believe in the existence of Spirits and Ghosts. But it is my firm belief that it was none other than my late Grandfather who came to me that night and comforted me as I was sad over his passing on without getting a chance to see and live at our own apartment.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, k_surupa22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jester (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-08)
This just struck a chord.

My grandma (mother's mother) passed away in 2008. My daughter was about 3 then.

My parents are settled in Kolkata and my grandma spent her last 4 years there with them.

I was working in Delhi then. It was sad event, and my mother tells me that my grandma during her last few days only wished to see me and my daughter.

Till this day my daughter insists that she saw her great-grandma (i.e. In Delhi where we were living then). She pinpoints exactly where her great-grandma sat in the living room, waived at her and walked out slowly through the open door.
k_surupa22 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
Sceptic-Ari,Thank you for your suggestion. I will surely work on that. Any other questions or suggestions are welcome for all those who read this experience. I will try to answer all queries.
😁
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
Dear k_surupa22,
In addition to Val's suggestions, dare I say something which might strike a raw chord, but rest assured that I do not say it to belittle you.
The normal causes must be crossed out first and foremost, and then only we should look into the paranormal. That said, I would implore you to take your problems to a doctor first, and go along with someone you trust;please do not go alone. Get a thorough check-up done, both physical and psychological. When all these normal possibilities are out of your way, only then we might safely relate your experiences to the preternatural. Only then may the doubts be truly cleared.
I apologise if you feel offended but I assure you that I do not intend so.

Regards
k_surupa22 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
[at] Val,I sleep on my face as its difficult for me to sleep on my side with the bedsheet pulled over. As far as fasting is concerned, I fast only when I am upset with my mum for some reason and I rarely drink coffee (except cold coffee & iced tea), have been trying to cut down on extra munchies to get into shape. Other than that nothing else. Will convince my parents for a re-blessing of the whole house also.
😊
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
Surupa,
This might sound simplistic, but you might try changing positions when that 'static' feeling, or the'vibrations' happen. Standing try shifting your weight. I say this because it is possible that your postion/posture could be applying pressure/pinching a nerve. It won't stop the sensation immediately, but it should ease up and stop in a bit. If nothing else, it's worth a try.
My other thought is have you been fasting? Not eating like you should? Or having too much caffiene? Dietary things can also cause some very odd sensations.
Perhaps you can try reblessing the house as well.
~Val
k_surupa22 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
[at] Sceptic-Ari-It is perfectly okay with me and no one other than me has experienced anything within the house. My maa scoffs at my assumptions. Maybe I am wrong but still would like to clear my doubts.
😁
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
Dear k_surupa22,
I apologise for not addressing or acknowledging you in my first post, esp on your own story page.
Thank you for sharing and deeming us fit to help 😊
I have a small question for beginners;has anyone else in your home felt or seen anything out of the ordinary, akin to your experiences?

Do reply...

Regards

Dear Val,
Wasn't a big deal, so no need to thank me 😁 You are welcome though as always ❤

Ari
k_surupa22 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-11)
Val,thank you so much for reading my experience. I would like to add onto what Sceptic-Ari said. My parents due to my Grandpa passing away could not perform the "Grihapravesh Pooja" but after consulting aan Astrologer they were told that I could perform a pooja on a smaller level, so I performed it.
Now,after having posted my experience here on YGS, I have been experiencing very odd stuff in my parents bed-room.
Firstly,the portion of the bed on which I sleep with my parents seems as if it is moving/vibrating.Secondly,I felt a odd static sensation on my back in the washroom in my parents room and also as I am typing this.
Third,yesterday late afternoon, my maa reported to smell a perfume/deodorant,which on my investigation was not there. I don't know what to make of all this.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-11)
Thanks, Ari,
I thought the reason might be such but was really unsure.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-11)
Dear Val,
When any one of the parents passes away, Indian Hindus generally restrict themselves from participating or performing religious ceremonies for atleast one year after the funeral. It is a tradition and a token of respect for the dear departed, that has been followed through generations.
Since k_surupa22's parents could not perform the 'pooja' due to these restrictions, she performed it on their behalf, perhaps on a smaller scale.
Got more queries?shoot😉

Regards
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-11)
Question: I do not understand why a pooja (that is like a house blessing, yes?) could not be performed because of the Grandfather's passing. Can someone educate me on this, please?
Surupa,
It really doesn't matter what anyone else believes on if this was your Granfather bidding you one last good-bye. You believe it was him, and that is what really counts. You heard his voice say your name. The only advice I can give you on this is to treasure the memory.
zombie_killer_of_india (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-10)
Hi k_surpaa22,
I don't know what to comment but what stuff you provided is not enough to prove that it paranormal activity. May be it was your imagination. But it was obvious for your parent to be skeptic as they didn't involve in the story.
[at]Amie_16-Every hindu is not a believer, yeah most are of religious types. But rapid urbanisation here has got the effect.
k_surupa22 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
Here's a big thank you to SpookyCasper,SmokenMirrors,Amie_16.
I will be posting another story pretty soon about my experience at hostel of my previous college.
:-)
SpookyCasper (8 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
Hey Surupa,

I agree with SmokenMirrors. I think your Grandfather made you a one last visit to let you know that he was ok and to not be sad.

Thanks for sharing.

Casper.
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
It sounds like your own original assumption is correct, he made one last visit to comfort you and let you know he was ok.
k_surupa22 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
Smoken Mirrors-My pet name is "Bonnie" and my family calls me by my pet name only, (in family gatherings, as well as my parents) and yes it was my late Grandfather whose voice called me by my pet name.
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
Hi Surupa, thank you for sharing your story.

Did you recognize the voice you heard as you Grandfathers or is "Bonnie" a pet name that he used for you?
k_surupa22 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
[at] Amie_16-Well that is because, my Grandfather had been with us many times and for quite some time;also I believe he wanted to be with us when we entered our apartment. As for your second question, I really don't know why but my parents are quite logical and believe in what they can see touch and feel.
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
Hey surupa! Nice story but hang on I don't quiet understand how can you say that it was your grandpa? And you are a Hindu then why are your parents skeptics? As hindus always believe in the paranormal isn't it?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: