You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Horror Of 405 Hackberry Street

Real Ghost Stories

The Horror Of 405 Hackberry Street

 

Most people will probably laugh at this. I mean, I'm not really the best story teller and even though I'm an avid bookworm, I can never put the words exactly together.

My family had moved a lot since my little brother had been born. The house we just moved into was inherited by my mother from her family, after giving up on selling it after 11 years. The house needed to be remodeled, but, I knew it'd look great one day. However, this isn't about our current house. Or even the one before it. Not even the house my little brother was born in, where I saw something green and furry walk past my bathroom's glass door and just leave. No, this was a mobile home we lived in two houses before our current house. The same house that made me feel afraid even when it was still in the mobile home lot.

The house was 405 Hackberry Street. It's no longer up due to the landlady dying and her family tearing down every mobile home to make room for apartment complexes. However, those five years, ranging from my 8th grade (which was the hardest year I ever had when my best friend was killed by her boyfriend) to my senior year of high school, have been the most terrifying years of my life. I'll get started.

We first moved to this house the year I was in homeschool. I was, and still am, overweight and had been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome that year. Everyone teased me for it because I didn't have anyone to talk to, had any friends, or I was just a freak. I wished to have friends, but no one cared. It got to the point where my dad actually dragged me out of my school and transferred me to his old high school my Sophomore year. When we had moved, my cat, Midnight, loved the house and loved walking around the place. However, she refused to go past the laundry room, in the section where the master bedroom and bathroom were. She refused to get near it and actually hissed when I walked near it. Now, Midnight may have been an old cat, but she would never hiss at anyone unless I was going to be hurt or scared. She was protective of the family and would make sure no one would harm us. Being the kid that I was, I shrugged it off. Midnight was just worried, I thought. How wrong I was. One day, my parents went to Waco to get groceries and Midnight was inside the house. However, when we returned, the house was empty. Completely empty. I looked around for her and couldn't find her anywhere. My cat, the same black cat I had raised since a kitten, was gone and there was no way she could have escaped. My family was confused, but just thought she had ran off when the door opened and hadn't returned. I hoped that was the case. However, it proved not to be the case a couple weeks later.

It was my first time sleeping on my bed at the new house. Immediately, something felt off. I... Felt something climb into bed with me and I let out a gasp of shock. What was going on!? I also felt something walk on my back. Like... Little paw prints, like Midnight had. I looked around and no one was there. I eventually got to sleep, but this happened daily. It got so bad that something even opened the door and closed it when I begged it to. I became afraid of my own bedroom. I could stay in it with the lights on, but without I was terrified. I began to sleep in the living room from then on.

Now, here is the scariest part, well, for me. I was sitting in my room on a weekend, talking to my friends on deviantArt and I... Heard someone laughing loudly and playing in the living room. At first, I thought it was my little brother and I walked inside to yell at him, but he wasn't there. I heard it come from mom's room and rushed in, going to yell at him if he was keeping mom up. However, both were asleep and I heard the voice coming from the living room again, I walked out and looked around. However, no one was there. This freaked me out. It happened a month later, except someone was saying some random gibberish. I walked around and saw my brother awake, but he was being quiet. He was helping mom as one of our new kittens, this was my Freshmen year, had gotten stuck and they was helping him out. However, the voice echoed again in the living room and I looked at it. Why weren't they surprised? For the first time, I felt alone by the family and I began to act out because of it.

While I was sleeping in the living room, I couldn't actually even sleep. I would close my eyes and I'd 'see' this girl walking on the floor with solid black eyes. I wouldn't even shut my eyes for a second and even my state issued therapist couldn't help me, even after seeing the pictures of her. I had to keep the light beside my room on, the bathroom light, as I was afraid without the light, I'd be attacked again. I began sleeping with the light on and I was finally able to sleep. It was during this time, I found Midnight... Well, what remained of her. My neighbors ran to my house claiming they had found a cat skeleton with rocks lodged into her throat. I rushed out to see it and there was her corpse. I knew whatever was in my house had killed her and she was trying to protect me from it now. I knew I was in danger now. We eventually were forced to move, thankfully. We moved to the house just before this one and it was a lot calmer, though there was still some spirit activity. It was nothing compared to what it had been.

I think the last time we ever went to 405 Hackberry Street as I wanted to look around for something. What we found was my cat, Leo, who had been born in the house. He was sitting in my old computer chair and just meowed at me. I picked him up and brought him to the van. I think he was waiting there for me as he wanted me to face my fears in the house. I did and even found mom's missing diabetic testing kit.

We've moved into our newest house half-way into my brother's sixth grade year. 405 Hackberry Street has been torn down and I was given some shocking news into this year. Turns out I wasn't the only one who had experienced this paranormal activity. It was my dad as well. He had felt Midnight walking beside him. He felt the spirit climb into my bed when he slept in it, seeing as at the time, I slept in the living room. He even told me I didn't know about. He told me that a children's picture someone or something had drawn and I was able to suddenly realize. There were kids' spirits in there. They were trapped and something was with them. Something that had wanted to kill me and had already taken Midnight's life.

You can consider me insane if you want, but this has actually happened and my dad even knows about it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cloekimura, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

girlcatblox (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-14)
OMG, I feel so sorry for you and about what happened to Midnight. I was almost sick when I read the bit about the rock lodged into her throat.

Here is something for Midnight.
Meow-in memory of Midnight.
(I'm sorry if that offended you in anyway)
Kiego (2 stories) (52 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-12)
I hate when I read stories or hear about pets being harmed. We recently lost our black cat, his name was Artemis, my fiancé had a really hard time with it and still misses him. Its only been a couple months but the arrival of our baby boy has helped and she did get a new little Siamese. We also have two hound dogs, I just had to share =)
jul-ze-bub (1 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-18)
I'm still confused. You wrote:

"You read it wrong. We brought Leo first to the new house and he ran off. Whenever we went back to the evil house, he was just there, sitting on my bedroom chair. He still lives with us. C:"

Did your family just leave the mobile house leaving everything there? And, why would you go to "the evil" house once you moved?

With Respect - Julz
cloekimura (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-18)
First, starting with the first comment:
I had moved in the March after I went into homeschool and after going back to attend high school at the school system my dad pulled me out of during middle school. I eventually transferred out of the school my Sophomore year to go to Cranfills Gap ISD.

It was actually a couple months since we moved in, due to us having to get me a bed for my bedroom. During that time, I slept in the living room.

You read it wrong. We brought Leo first to the new house and he ran off. Whenever we went back to the evil house, he was just there, sitting on my bedroom chair. He still lives with us. C:

Also, a lot of people were asking about the 'green and furry thing' and well, in all honesty, I don't remember much about it. I was just in the 1st grade and in my bedroom when something passed though the bathroom connected to my bedroom. I opened the door to see what it was, but it wasn't there. A friend of mine said it was just something passing though.
cloekimura (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-18)
Wow, sorry for not seeing all of these comments. I was not told my story was accepted. I'll try to clear up any facts.
ShortieHD (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-09)
Whoa! Very scary! Thank god nothing has happened to me like this! Sorry for lose your cat! I know how you feel! Thanks for sharing your story! Gave me something interesting to read during drama! 😁
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-09)
I agree with the others there is much information missing within your story.

About your cat that Died I am sorry for your loss. I do not believe that the spirit killed your cat since it had rocks lodged within its throat the cat might have eaten the rocks (animals of all kinds do this but lack the ability to determine the size of what it consumes.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
Hi Cloe and I would like to tell you that you are very brave to share this story with us and have to relive it. There is a lot going on here and it is a bit difficult to decipher. I am an avid reader also so stick with it because there are so many good things that come from reading. Also, very sorry to hear about your best friend. Unfortunately, there is teenage boyfriend/girlfriend abuse that is happening far too often. Very scary! I sincerely hope you had someone you could talk to about this. Lastly, sorry about your cat. A loved pet is just like part of the family. It seems that you have been through a lot. I am glad you are no longer in that house.

Zeta.
chips (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
Interesting story, I like others really don't mean to be rude or blunt but there does seem to be quite a lot of details either mixed up or left out.

You talked to your therapist about pictures, but these arent mentioned in the story.

When/where were you attacked?

Im confused at the bit about Midnight guarding you when in certain areas of the house, but then you state on the first night of sleeping there you could feel the cat on your bed

You had a feeling you were in real danger why?

Tell us more about the green furry thing.

As stated I don't want to come across rude in any way but sometimes we need to clarify the small or otherwise details in a story for us to get a better picture of events before we can help to try and explain what you experienced or even help in some ways.

With what you have written though does sound interesting
TheWalrus (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
You should write about the "green and furry" thing you mentioned.
miakittycat (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
i didn't laugh laugh at you 😢 please post mosre stories I enjoyed reading thi one a-lot
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
I concur with everyone's questions and raise one more concerning this statement...

"I had to keep the light beside my room on, the bathroom light, as I was afraid without the light, I'd be attacked again."

When were you first attacked? I may have missed where you said that prior to this statement, did I?

Respectfully,

Rook
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
Dear cloekimmura,
Welcome to YGS on behalf of all my friends and myself.

Questions that might help us better understand:

What did you do after you found out that "the same black cat" you "had raised since a kitten, was gone"?

"It got so bad that something even opened the door and closed it when I begged it to." Does that mean you talked to/communicated with the spirit on some level?

I really need help with the following:
"I wouldn't even shut my eyes for a second and even my state issued therapist couldn't help me, even after seeing the pictures of her." Your therapist saw the pictures of the girl!How?Or you saw the pictures of the girl! How again? Did you draw her?

"I think the last time we ever went to 405 Hackberry Street as I wanted to look around for something. What we found was my cat, Leo, who had been born in the house." Did you and your family leave your pet cat behind and did not even realise it?

Your dad told you about "a children's picture someone or something had drawn",but where was it drawn? Where did he see it that you did not?

I apologise if I come across as a blunt person, and I also acknowledge that you might find it very difficult to communicate, but we too need help to understand what happened.

Do reply.

Regards
xxelainedenisexx (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
Love your story, it's great! And wow... The strange things going on in your house that's scary! I'm glad your family moved out of there just in time before things got worse!
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
I have questions same as BadJuuJuu. Another question though. Are you sure the spirit killed your first cat? It seems to me that it could have been neighbors or neighborhood kids that have done it. People can be very mean and cruel sometimes. It happened to a pet of ours when I was about seven. I remember what happened. Especially if someone dosen't like your family for whatever reason.

Another question... Was anyone ever attacked or hurt in anyway? Nothing like that was mentioned in your story. It sounds like it was just a child who wanted to play. I see nothing wrong with a playful ghost child.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
This does make for some hard reading... I think 'homeschool' was suppose to be highschool?
I have the same questions that BadJuuJuu has. The whole event surrounding Leo is confusing.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
I'm pretty lost on a couple of details, clarification would be much appreciated.
As I understand this story, you moved into the house the year you started homeschooling, which seems to be 8th grade. You then go on to say you were taken out of regular school your sophomore year, to attend your father's old school. How soon after moving in did you return to regular school?
Also, when you talk about Midnight's behavior in the house it seems a little time has passed since moving in, yet the first time you slept in your bed in the new house, you felt her walking in the bed after her disappearance. How long had you been living in the house prior to sleeping in your bed?
The detail that's really nagging at me though, you returned to the house after moving to look for something, and your cat Leo was still in the house. What? I don't follow this at all. You moved and everyone just left the cat? Please tell me I read that wrong.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: