You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Mysterious Scratches...etc

Real Ghost Stories

Mysterious Scratches...etc

 

Quite often my wife would notice scratches and other wounds on my lower leg (s), many times they were quite superficial, other times they were sore but I never could recall how they got there. More recently, within the last couple of months, I have woken up and have observed scratches on my shoulder and/or upper chest. What was really odd is that a couple of weeks ago, there were 3 pretty deep scratches, parallel to one another with the same distance apart on my shoulder. Even if I did have nails, there is no way I could have scratched myself in such a manner.

This past Saturday night after we got home from an evening out my wife and I were getting undressed. My wife tossed her clothes into the hamper, shut the closet door and turned off the light. At that moment, we both heard 5-7 very distinguishable notes such as those that come from a music box. We do not own a music box. We both asked each other at the same time if we heard it.

Just last night I had a dream that something was frightening me. I saw no image, just knew something was there. I dreamed that my necklace which has a silver cross charm on it became very hot and that the cross part was burned into my chest. When I awoke I recalled the dream and my necklace was balled up under my neck. I wear this necklace 24/7 and it has never came off. It is the 'bead' type of necklace such as would be on dog tags and it is difficult to undo. I examined the connector and it was not broken and was not loose.

This afternoon my wife told me that the light in one of the rooms blew out this morning. When I asked her which one, I turned on the light switch and the light came on. She said the light definitely went out while she was in the room.

To top all of this off, our Cocker Spaniel has not jumped in bed with us within the past month or so. She has slept in her cage which is next to the bed. This is very odd behavior as she has slept with us for the 1.5 years we have had her. When we call her, she will put her paws on the bed, but will not get up and if we bring her up physically, she jumps down within 5 minutes.

We are both skeptical of paranormal things, but neither of us have any reasonable explanation as to what we have been experiencing as of late and welcome suggestions and comments.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PokerDude, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

agnusdei (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-07)
In someways, this kind of sounds like the intial stage to the 1940's Maryland exoticism that the movie the Exorcist is based on, namely with the scratches and the burning/heavy cross elements.
Don't know if it would help, but you might find it interesting to read the exorcist's (one Raymond Bishops) diary of the events concerning that situation. If nothing else, the history surrounding the claim was fascinating. And creepy.
Still,it always a good idea to not jump to conclusions on event being supernatural in origins.
CharlieCheshire (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-10)
Hi PokerDude,
I've gotten scratches just like the ones you describe on my lower legs and, when I kept birds, shoulders. Does your dog jump up often? Quite often animals might scratch you superficially and you don't notice it until later after a shower or something - I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's true. Just throwing it out there.

I have no explanation for the deep scratches, music sounds, the necklace, or the strange behavior of your dog. I'd recommend researching the property, as Rook mentioned, and should this be determined to be something supernatural, dealing with whatever comes up under the path IT answers to (for example, praying over an indigenous spirit with a Christian prayer won't do much good).
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
PokerDude,

With the details you have shared its hard to determine just what you may be experiencing.

My first question is... Do you or your wife feel 'unconfortable' anywhere in the home?

My suggestion is to start a Journal, have your wife start one as well... Keep track of odd events that happen to just yourselves and any you have together. After... Lets say 30 days... Compare your Journals...what's the same about them? What's different about them?

You can also research the Property...what's its history? Has anyone died on the property? What was it before a House was built?

I also have a Cleansing/Shielding Method posted on my profile, you are welcome to try it.

Thank you for sharing and please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
This is quite disturbing. If I may ask... Do you live in a house, apt., and how long have you lived there. Before living here, did you ever experience anything paranormal... Maybe as a child? What is the most strange to me, well yes... Everything is very strange and scary, but the dog who will not sleep on the bed with you anymore. My previous dog slept with me for the entire seventeen years I had her and nothing would have changed that. So I am thinking it is something that really frightens the dog.

Zeta.
kaitlynn2897 (1 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
you have a demonic entity in the house. What you should do is don't provoke it. Leave it alone and consult a church like a priest. Back when my mom was together with my dad he played with a Ouija board and summoned a demonic presence. He was not one entity that you want to mess around with he would throw things at you and take things break things and hide things. My mom belives he still follows her and he is now in are new house. I pray for you. Each demon has their own personility. And level.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: