You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Little Girl In My Basement Part 3

Real Ghost Stories

Little Girl In My Basement Part 3

 

Since my last post about the girl in my basement a lot has happened, which has even convinced my once skeptical mother that there might be someone haunting our basement.

A couple of weeks ago I was going into my basement to print something out for one of my classes. When you walk down the stairs to my basement, if you turn left and look straight ahead there's a hallway that has a bathroom on the left side, a laundry room in the middle directly ahead, and on the right there's a pantry. If you look right, there's a living room type of area with a television, computer, exercise equipment, and two closets. For some reason, the laundry room always gives me the creeps and I hate when my family sends me to get anything in there, especially at night.

Anyway, I was coming down the stairs and stopped at the bottom of the staircase when something told me to look into the laundry room. So, of course, I looked, and I noticed that the string where we hang some of our laundry was shaking really hard. It was shaking as if someone had pulled it down really far and then let it go. Even though I knew my dad was in the bathroom, I said "Dad...?" as I stared into the laundry room in shock. A few seconds later my dad came out of the bathroom to find me white as a ghost pointing to the laundry room and explaining what I had saw. It honestly felt like something out of a horror movie.

My dad went into the laundry room and looked around to see if anyone was in there. After realizing no one was in there, he noticed that the oil burner had broken because dust had gotten caught in there. If we didn't notice it, it would have caught on fire soon after according to the repair guys that came later on that afternoon. Whatever is in my basement was clearly giving us a warning that something was about to happen.

Then, a few nights ago, my grandma asked me to go in the basement with her because she had to get some stuff for the next day since my family was coming over, and she's too afraid to go down there alone at night. As I was standing there waiting for her to arrange some stuff in the freezer (my grandma's an old Italian lady who's very anal about how her food is arranged haha) I heard someone breathing heavily in my ear. I didn't want to scare my grandma so I just did my best to ignore it while trying politely to get my grandma to hurry up. She had to make one more stop in the pantry and I was waiting by the door when I had this sudden feeling that there was someone standing on the other side. It could have just been my imagination but it became so overwhelming that I told my grandma I'd get the stuff in the morning and we went upstairs because she saw how visibly shaken I was.

This morning was the most recent incident. I was in the shower in my basement singing, "So Real" by Jeff Buckley to be specific haha. My grandma was the only other person home, and she was all the way upstairs watching TV. Mid-singing, I heard someone call my name "Michelle" but really softly. I knew it wasn't my grandma, cause for one she has an Italian accent and this voice was American, and two, the voice sounded like someone younger. I was really freaked out and I waited for another response but heard nothing.

With the end of the semester and finals coming up, I haven't had a lot of time to do any investigating in my basement. But, this summer, I plan to do a lot of investigating of my basement and research on my house.

Other hauntings by ghosthunter102

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghosthunter102, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Halloween2013 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-25)
from the sound of it this little girl isn't hurting you or even TRYING to scare you, she may be succeeding in scaring you but that doesn't seem like her intent. I don't know what has happened since you posted this story but from the sound of it she may be just friendly, she may not even know that she is dead. At this point she has gotten to know and like you even if you can't say the same about her. If you want to continue to figure out who she is you may try asking her with a recorder. Also you should try not being afraid of her spirits tend to know when your scared and its possible that by being afraid of her she may respond to your fear in a negative way.

Good luck
ghosthunter102 (5 stories) (25 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
Lochkalten- Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely have to try the salt water thing if things get out of hand and I'll be sure to keep everyone posted 😊
LochKalten (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
Interesting, one thing I can recommend in relation to the Breathing behind you giving malevolent vibes is to keep Vigilant. I have had something similar happen to me in the past and it happened multiple times before it manifested enough strength to grab my shoulder. I found standing up to it made it back off. Also a good dose of Sea salt dissolved in a squirt bottle helped too. Good Luck and I'm keen to see what results the investigation yields. Please keep us posted.
Cheers
Loch
ghosthunter102 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
Ghost772- Haha thank you so much! 😁 I'm going to spend this summer researching my house so hopefully I'll be able to get some answers/explanations!
Ghost772 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
I've read all 3 of your entries and it is so interesting, it feels like I'm reading a good book haha, anyway I hope you find out what's really happening and it doesn't get any worse, I'm looking forward to the next entry and hope it turns out well
ghosthunter102 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
Thanks harrypotterrules!=)

Amie_16- I think it was the same spirit that I encountered before with the laundry room but the one with the breathing felt like something different and darker

Spiritchild7234- I've been trying to do some research but now that I'm going to have more time, I'll probably be able to find out a lot more. My mom also suggested getting the house blessed. Thanks for the advice! =)
SpiritChild7234 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
I have also had a similar experience. I suggest trying to debunk anything. Then try and do as much research as possible on the house. If events escalate I suggest blessing your house. Even if it is a good spirit it could maybe help it pass on. I hope all is well!
SpiritChild
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
Hey! Was it the same girl you encountered before? Did you hear her voice before? Or can it be someone else?
harrypotterrules (59 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
Yes. I completely agree with MissusTodd. I hope she stays friendly!
ghosthunter102 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
MissusTodd- Thank you!=) I think that there are protective spirits in my basement/house (like my grandpa and the little girl) as well as ones that are not so friendly. Hopefully my research uncovers some things about the house that will answer my questions! Trust me, I try to avoid my basement like the plague at night lol, during the day it's not too bad though. Thank you very much for your compliment about my writing! =D I really appreciate cause I love writing a lot, although it's not my main focus in school at the moment. I'm in the psychology field so writing is more of a pastime.
MissusTodd (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
Having read the first two entries, as well as this one, I am definitely intrigued. I hope that you are able to find some sort of information in your research that might "shed some light" on the activity in your home. As far as the basement spirit goes, if it is the little girl you think it is, I think she must feel protective of you to have warned you of the danger of your oil furnace. For that, you should feel relieved. Honestly, though, I would definitely not have your nerve or guts to continue going down in that basement! Good luck in your research, and I hope that all your spirit "guests" stay friendly!:)

P.S. Your stories are so interesting and well-written. Ever consider writing or journalism as a future career? I'd say you have a gift for it!:D

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: