You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Unknown

Real Ghost Stories

The Unknown

 

Hi it's me again. I wanted to write about some things that I heard of. When I was at my grandma's place we were watching a TV show about ghosts. I decided to tease my grandmother about ghosts. I actually did not believe in them (then). She kind of looked at me and said "I believe in them". I started to laugh a little bit and asked her "how do you know?" she replied saying "because I saw one".

She told me that when she was a kid she and her brother had to go to a german school during the 2 world war (she was lucky to survive). She and her brother had to walk through the park which basically was a forest. One day they were coming back from school and saw a polish soldier on a small hill on a horse. They wanted to wave to him but were scared that if a german would see them they would be shot at the spot. The soldier stared at them for a little bit and decided to go down the hill so my grandma couldn't see him.

A week later or something like that she was walking back from school when she noticed the man again. But he wasn't quite visible. She could see the face but not the legs of the horse. She felt scared and ran all the way home. She told her mother about this (my great grandmother) and she was a little surprised because all the polish soldiers were in camps or dead. My grandmother told her mother that the man had a scar on his head. My great grandmother heard this and turned white. She got a picture of a soldier from the kitchen and asked if that's him. She said yes and my great grandmother began to cry. My grandmother found out a few weeks later that the soldier was her uncle who died at the beginning of the war. My grandmother's brother saw him 3 more times during that time and even tried talking with the soldier. Her brother told my grandmother that just about 10 years ago but even after all this time he didn't want to talk about it.

Another weird story that has happened in my family was told to me from my step brother (he is a year younger then me). 2 years ago he moved to London, England to get a job. He rented a house with his friend and moved in. The owners of the house lived downstairs and my brother with his friend lived upstairs. For the first few weeks some weird things happened. They always heard noises but they thought it was nothing.

My brother knew something was wrong. Every time he woke up his door would be open. He noticed that some things would be misplaced. He later would find them in very weird places. One night he woke up and saw a shadow in his room. He thought it was his imagination and went to bed but he quickly woke up because he heard someone breathing and he could smell something nasty but nothing was in his room.

The next day he went to his friend's room to have a talk. He told her what happened and she said that there is something in the house and they knew it was a ghost. She told him that one day she was reading a book and felt that someone was by her bed. She couldn't see him but she knew he was there. She told him to go away. A few seconds later a bunch of paper flew up into the air and fell on the floor. She ran out of the room. They both decided to invite the owners for dinner and ask them if the place was haunted (they didn't want to use exactly those words). The owners told them that they never heard anything about that but they did say that they have ben playing the Ouija board for almost a year. My brother was freaked and moved back to Poland. His friend stayed in London but moved out of the house very shortly after my brother moved out.

Another weird thing happened to me not long ago but I think I will write about it next time.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Poland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chris Burczynski, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

poltergeistfan (3 stories) (26 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
Wow that's kind of freaky and write soon because I really want to hear your story
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
Hello Chris, thank you for sharing your story with us. It is always nice to hear from others around the world about the experiences they or their family have had.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: