You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Saint Seraphina?

Real Ghost Stories

Saint Seraphina?

 

I'm pretty sure my daughter is "friends" with St. Fina. She talks about her and Seraphina all the time and tell us that Seraphina is a princess. What an odd name for a 4 year old to randomly come up with.

I didn't know anything about Saint Seraphina until I googled it. The only thing I came up with was Ben Affleck's daughter's name and this Saint. No cartoon characters generated on the web search. So where did she get the name?

Also, she twirls around talking to "Princess Seraphina." Not kidding here. The resemblance is uncanny. Last night, I opened my master bedroom door and sitting in front of my daughters door (we have hardwood floors) was a crumpled up piece of paper - a receipt - that was spinning by itself on the ground. FAST. When I stepped one foot forward - the paper abruptly stopped. When showing this spinning act to my wife, the paper wouldn't spin at all. It's almost like the floor was greased up. Just spinning. I understand that Saint Seraphina was a "spinner?"

Before the spinning incident, my wife and I had a huge fight. After I was in my garage talking to my mother about what I just saw, she brought up the negative vibes in the home.

My garage door was open, I saw my dog (whom gets loose regularly) walk across my driveway. I put down my cigarette to walk inside and grab the leash. I was in and out of my house within seconds since the leash was hanging up on the key rack. When I returned, my cigarette was gone. Nowhere to be found. There was no wind in my garage and, as stated before, I was gone for seconds.

With these two events happening back to back, it was almost like something was telling me to chill out. I'm not crazy but this is a very true story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, exit51wareagle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
Joel: Drop the attitude please. You'll find the YGS community as a whole is very into researching any/everything we find interesting, have never heard of, or simply want to know more about. DelzLdy meant no offense. We will also research claims made in an account to verify the veracity of a questionable account.

Now, through the research of another member I see that you have indeed posted this on other sites as well as comment sections. However the user names are different in every instance. Having been, as recently as a few weeks ago, a victim of plagiarism I am more than merely punchy when I feel someone's intellectual property/copyrights have been abused. I would not wish that feeling of violation on anyone, and so would not *knowingly* do it to another.

I hope you can see where we're coming from. Now, maybe you should address the other comments and their questions instead of taking this thread to place no one wants to go. Thank you.
DelzLdy (2 stories) (50 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-14)
Joel - I believe I addressed that possibility:

"Unless exit51wareagle is Joel?"

I had no intention of insulting you or your intelligence.
exit51wareagle (1 stories) (2 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-05-14)
Don't accuse me of plagerisim just because you googled my same story on another site. If you where truly the Google-Warrior, then you'd fine my same story posted on three more ghost websites. Thanks again for your expert detective skills.

-Joel.
exit51wareagle (1 stories) (2 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2013-05-14)
DelzLdy

C'mon captain obvious. Joel is me (exit51wareagle)

GASP! I posted it on more than one site? Insane. Thanks detective. 😲
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
Hi Delzlady,
Well, plagerisim is definately a zero tolerance offense. I'm sure the mods will look into it. I've gathered some information that I will send to Granny, and we'll let them sort it 😉.
Good catch!
DelzLdy (2 stories) (50 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
I'm sorry, I neglected to say the first two paragraphs were in the comment section of the website.
DelzLdy (2 stories) (50 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
I just read the first two paragraphs (word for word) of this retelling by "Joel" at the following website:

Http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=750

I'm not saying this is plagiarism, but...? Unless exit51wareagle is Joel?
abanob (1 stories) (31 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-11)
I agree with all that saint don't play with kid (only) if the kid belongs to heaven that explain a lot
Merlyn9394 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-09)
Its not unusual for children to play with spirits of holy personages. With time they outgrow it. Looks like your ciggarette went up in smoke.
Chill
MissusTodd (2 stories) (14 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
I agree with you that the name is odd for such a young child. My son also had an "invisible friend" when he was about 2 1/2-3. I was spooked by his "friend" and I never saw anything like the spinning receipt you described! It sounds like a protective, or at least harmless, spirit. Whether it is Saint Seraphina or just a spirit named Seraphina is hard to say, although the "Princess" part seems to lead a person to believe it would be someone wearing rather beautiful clothing. I also did a quick bit of research on Saint Seraphina. (I'm not familiar with many saints, having no Catholic background.) Many stories tell of her showing herself and helping children (i.e. Repairing a broken water pitcher to save a young girl from punishment). As for the cigarette incident, perhaps the spirit doesn't like you having such an unhealthy habit (I'm a smoker, so no judgments! 😊). Regardless of who your daughter is playing with, as long as it remains positive and harmless, I think it is probably nothing to be concerned with. From my experience, they grow out of that rather quickly, and she will probably stop seeing her friend one day before you know it. Best wishes to you and your family, and please update if anything new happens. I'm always curious about people who have experienced similar things!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: