You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Everything Is Going To Be Alright

Real Ghost Stories

Everything Is Going To Be Alright

 

For years I've grown used to hearing voices either talking to each other or acknowledging me when I'm about to fall asleep or just waking up. When it happens I can hear the voices clearly, but never really tell what they were saying and I always could get this feeling of how many people were there along with a general idea as to where they were in the room. That was usually all there was. It never involved anything else like a physical touch or something like that, until a few months ago when I was trying to get some sleep.

I'm one of those people that like to sleep completely under the covers and on my side. Usually I sleep facing the closet, but that night I was struggling to get comfortable so I tried sleeping facing the night table next to my bed. My covers were pulled over my head because I feel more comfortable sleeping like that and at the time I thought I had found the best position so I closed my eyes and tried to get some sleep. I was just starting to relax, still completely awake though, when I felt this pressure next to me on the bed. The pressure started to shift, almost like someone was sitting on the bed and leaning over to reach something on the other side. Right when I felt that shift I got this tingling feeling on my back by my right shoulder with an added pressure like someone pressing down on it lightly. At that point my eyes were wide open under the covers and I started gripping onto my covers in complete panic mode but trying not to move.

I closed my eyes as tightly as I could and I felt the pressure on my back go away and the tingling feeling move up to my ear. That's when I heard this female voice say something along the lines of either, "Everything is going to be alright" or "You're going to be alright" and then the pressure moved back to my back like they were patting my back. The stranger thing was, even when I was freaking out, this image of a little girl flashed in my head and she was lying in the same position I was and she had short curly blond hair in pigtails.

Like past experiences with the voices I could feel that there were others in the room and it felt like there was a woman who was the one sitting on the bed with me, a man standing by the other end of the bed and I got the feeling that he was the only one of them that could tell that I was there and he was just watching with a little concern for the girl but not a lot.

When the pressure went away and it felt like the room was empty again it took me a few good minutes to build up the confidence to pull away the covers and look around to see if anything or anyone was there. I know it wasn't sleep paralysis because I had full control over my movement, despite the fact that I was trying to stay as still as possible and waiting the whole thing out in panic mode, and I was definitely wide awake after feeling that pressure on the bed and the pat on my back.

I'm more than happy that I haven't experienced that again since, although there have been plenty of times where I've gotten that feeling that it might happen again but it never does. However, I do still think the man is around. I keep picturing him looking like Quentin Collins from Dark Shadows, though. I assume that's probably him trying to give me an image I can recognize that is similar to his own and letting me know that he's still around.

Other hauntings by CuriousKitten

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CuriousKitten, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-10)
Ah...I think I understand, CuriousKitten. Thanks for answering the questions.
I totally understand the fighting not to elaborate thing 😊.
So the pigtails hit at her shoulders. (Not that that's important - just me needing coffee I guess 😆!)
There's a theory about planes of existance, and it sounds as if maybe for a brief moment the 2 planes 'touched' - but in such a way you were 'imposed' over the little girl. Mom was consoling/comforting her daughter, but you felt it. But Mom was unaware of you. The third person, let's call him 'Dad' seemed aware of you. Perhaps he is/was a sensitive too? You say you still feel him around, which I find odd. What makes you think this?
What ever it was, sure makes for an interesting experience!
~Val
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-10)
I get what you mean with the voices. It sounds like how I hear the other half when shes giving me a list of things to do around the house. 😁 Never encountered disembodied voices though so can't say what that must be like.

If i'm understanding you correctly with the hair length Id take a guess that you mean cropped at around chin jawline length?

Sounds that whoever it is is caring and means you no harm though. You could possibly remind them of someone who they cared for once?
CuriousKitten (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-10)
I can understand how what I said could seem confusing. When I said that I hear them clearly but can't make out what they're saying, it's almost like when you start to zone out during a class and you can hear your teacher clearly but aren't paying enough attention to what they're saying to let it sink in.

And about the short curly blond hair in pigtails, well I guess I should have been more specific there considering most people have their own idea of the length of short hair. Going by what I can remember from the moment, I'd say her hair would probably have been a little bit above shoulder length if her hair was down. Then again, they looked like high pigtails so the length isn't the easiest to judge, but the pigtails didn't go past her shoulders which is why I'm guessing that her hair was short.

I really do hope that helped cleared things up, I know that it can be hard to tell what I'm getting at sometimes. I'm still adjusting to writing about these kind of events so it's a bit more difficult than usual to describe how things felt or looked to me at the time. Also, being someone that likes to write makes it hard for me to fight my inner writer and keep my experiences from sounding more elaborate than they were.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-10)
CuriousKitten,
I'm a little bit confused. You say you hear the voices clearly, but you can't really tell what they are saying? I don't really understand what you mean by that. For myself, sometimes I hear things just beyond my range of hearing (I know 'something' is said, but no idea what), or I hear voices very clear as if the person is next to me. Or, I hear voices in a language I don't speak. Can you explain it a bit better for me?
The other bit that confused me is "short curly blond hair in pigtails." Can short hair even be put into pigtails? (I'm sure the explination for this is something simple, and I just need more coffee.)
Thanks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: