You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghost Of A Living Person

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of A Living Person

 

Forgive my writing skills, that's my first story to publish. This is an experience I had when I was about nine years, my sister was twelve. We were playing computer games four in the morning and I saw my dad, wearing his favorite pajamas and looking at us with an angry look, he was a bit transparent. After that, he went towards the door and disappeared.

I was creeped out and my face went white, I acted like I never saw a thing but then my sister noticed my face. She asked me have you seen dad standing there? I said yes. She told me the same description I saw, except she told me he wasn't transparent, she also told me he vanished as he went towards the door. I rushed to my father's room to make sure it wasn't him and he was sleeping. I'm really surprised, ghosts are usually spirits of a dead person but what I saw was a living one.

After that, my grandma woke up and we told her about the incident, she said that ghosts don't exist and it could be an evil spirit driving us away from God. The following day, we told dad about what happened, he told us that he never woke up at midnight. The thing that makes me confident I saw it is that my sister saw it too. Otherwise, I'm starting to doubt myself because people keep telling me I was imagining but I'm certain I saw it. That happened when we were moving, there were a lot of cartons because we moved utensils and other things. I read somewhere that a ghost of a dead person could use someone else's shape, I don't know if that's true. Could it be my Grandpa?

We had a Ouija board at that time but we never used it because we don't know how to. Wish you could help and thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BlackVeilBride, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mothernigtshade23 (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-11)
Interesting. I to can relate some what to your experience. I was two and I went to the store with my mom and cousin. We were walking too the dresses when I saw my dads mom (my meemee) walking away from us towards the doors. I ran after her, when I got close she turned around and she was deathly pale. It scared me so bad I ran crying to my mom. When I told her what I saw she told me it had to be some one else. She even called meemee and let her talk to me. Though two days later my meemee died on my parents wedding day.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-10)
I came in Egypt section Hoping that I would get any story of Mummies 😢 hmmm... I did't get any but I love your story. I think Gaytrishiva is right... By the way nice story... ❤
eternal_flame (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-18)
I am not an expert in the paranormal field, however I have done my fair share of researcher. I honestly think it was a demon taking the form/shape of your Father. Not everyone will agree with me, but I've had a LOT of personal paranormal experiences, and a variety of different kinds.

My question is, did this only happen once or has it happened more than that one time?
pangefous52 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-26)
And one more thing. What I saw was not wearing anything close to what my sister was wearing. She arrived to my house in a Penn State off-white colored sweatshirt over a green, red and blue striped summer dress (very vivid colors). Her pajamas consisted of pink sleep pants and the same sweatshirt. The apparition standing out back looked to be wearing a long, straight dark dress with a dark (gray or black) shawl-type top. The lighting wasn't great, but it wasn't pitch black either. So the bilocation thing is a little sketchy for me...I'm stumped!
pangefous52 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-26)
I don't know that I buy the astral body theory. A similar thing happened to me a few days ago. My sister was staying the night at my house, and arriving late. I thought she had a key, but when she was unable to get in, she came to my bedroom window and started tapping on it. It woke my 5 year old up, and I told him I'd be right back, I had to let his aunt in. I looked out the front window to make sure her car was there, and it was. I proceeded to go out the back door. Looking down the house at the window, about 30 feet away, I could see "my sister" peering in the window. I called to her, and she turned to me. She wouldn't answer me, and she was just shaking her hands in almost like a "no I can't" type fashion. I thought she was upset and crying and was unable to talk. I took a few steps towards her, and in the blink of an eye she was about 10 feet behind where she previously stood. No walking, no turning around. A little freaked out now, I stepped towards her again, saying "What's going on Jenni?" This time she "phased" (if you will) through the neighbors chain link fence, about another 10 feet. Then again through their house. Never turning around, and with no movement besides the hand shaking. The first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the ghost (or whatever it was) phase out of view was that I was seeing my dead sister's spirit and she had died in an accident or something. I turned the corner to go to the front yard, half expecting not to see my sister's car, but it was there. I went around to the front of the house to find my sister's boyfriend had arrived, and was knocking on the front door. I said "Where's Jenni?" He replied "She's inside". Turns out, while I was heading to the back door, my girlfriend was letting my sister in the front door. She was in the house the entire time I was outside, and was already in her Pajamas. So she wasn't asleep, and what I saw was definitely not her. I've researched it, and the only thing I've found that's close is the Doppleganger... Although they tend to be associated with sinister meaning. I never felt threatened or any hostility from what I interacted with. I am going to continue to research it, and hope I see it again. If I find out anything else, I will return and post here for you. Thanks.
Yokoohno (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-04)
I had a similar experience when I was in my twenties.
My partner and I were at his parents house, a five storey Victorian place in Beckenham. I was sitting watching a wildlife program (Cheetahs) in the back reception room. I had had a glass of wine (1!) and suddenly felt very relaxed, despite the fact we were waiting for my brother in law to get home so we could all leave for a party, and I should have been getting ready. I thought to myself,...'If P came in now, I probably wouldn't even look up.' Odd thought. I didn't have to wait long. The everyday sound of several hundreds of years of bolts, chains, and stained glass clanking as he slammed the great big front door after himself, and then the familiar one of someone going up stairs three at a time, which both brothers did as they are very tall with really long legs. Then I could hear the two men laughing and talking to each other on the first floor through the loo door which was typical. Then I seemed to come to and there was my partner peering at me through the banisters, looking confused. Where's P? He asked. Here's not here is he? Was all I could say. My ashen faced other half had distinctly heard the front door open and slam and then my voice and my brother-in-laws laughing and talking downstairs. We were then convinced there had been an intruder and gathered ourselves, just as P arrived for real, joining in the search up as far as the loft. Of course, there was no intruder. In the end, we had to accept, that P, who had realised he was holding us up by being late, had simply arrived ahead of himself. Still freaked us out though!
BlackVeilBride (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-14)
Dear Aminah,
That was the only experience I had about seeing something, other things were hearing noised, things moving, but I never saw such a things before. I think that he was wearing that pajamas but I'm not certain. Thanks. 😊
BlackVeilBride (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-14)
Zeta:
No, he wasn't sleepwalking, because I went to his room afterwards and he was sleeping, it's impossible to be that quick and my sister told me days ago that what she saw was transparent too but wasn't that transparent that you think that he isn't. Also, the figure moved towards the door and vanished, we both saw that. So I don't think that he was sleepwalking. Regards.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
It could very well have been that your dad was sleepwalking. You say he looked transparent but maybe that was just your eyes adjusting after playing video games for so long. Just saying...

Zeta.
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
Wow did it ever happened again? Did you see someone else's ghost?
And was your dad wearing the same pyjama while he was asleep?
Regards Aminah
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
Hi BlackVeilBride,
I wonder if it may have been bilocation: The appearance of an individual in two places simultaneously. In appearance to others the double may appear to be a solid physical form, or may be ghostly.
Just a thought.
BlackVeilBride (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
Hello, I've just read that astral bodies cannot be seen by humans and can only be sensed by animals such as dogs. So how can it be an astral body? Thanks.
BlackVeilBride (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
No, that was the only time that happened, though dad always sleeps so deeply, he never turns in his sleep, he sleeps like a statue. It has never happened before that I considered it something paranormal, I never heard about an astral body.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
Dear BlackVeilBride, thanks for sharing your and your sister's experience with us. Like Gayatrishiva, I also feel that it could be the astral projection of your dad. Did you happen to see like that again some time later?

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
Interesting, so glad to read your story. And read the comments too. I wondered also. Only why does it happen only sertain times like that? It must be posible any time, but something triggers a need to walk-about like that.
BlackVeilBride (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
Yes, he's a really deep sleeper but that never happened before. Thanks much for answering, Never knew that could happen so I though it's a ghost.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
My thoughts are the same as Gayatrishiva's. People can astral project in their sleep and never realize it. I think this is what you saw that night.
Merlyn9394 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
What kind of a sleeper is your dad? Does he sleep very deeply without much twisting and turning?
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
Hi its the astral body of your dad. When a person sleeps his astral body will wander around for everyone. Thats what you both saw.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: