You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Sisters Haunting, What Is This Entity?

Real Ghost Stories

My Sisters Haunting, What Is This Entity?

 

I am writing this in worry of my sister, and first of all I'll give you a background on her. She is 21 years of age. She is your average girl, friendly, never done anything out of the ordinary or edgy.

A few months ago she started working in a department store, which I recently learned was built on the site of an old hospital. Before I begin on describing her experiences, I must tell you that she remembers having 'imaginary friends' when she was child. She had a few of them, but one of them she remembers very well. His name was Andrew and she was able to tell me that he had blonde floppy hair and she could see him in his physical form. Our childminder from when we were little said she remembers my sister talking about her friends as her 'brothers and sisters', which she left at home and was always in a rush to get back to them. My sister claims to have a clear image of Andrew running down the stairs laughing in our old house.

So, I will explain her recent experiences which, from what she can remember, started when she began working in this store. A while ago she told me one morning that she was woken up in the middle of the night to feel something 'hugging her', as in hands around her middle. She says she could distinctly feel the fingertips of whatever this was, and as she pulled away from it, she felt them slowly moving off of her.

Sometime after this she was sitting at her dressing table doing her makeup in her bare feet, in a dressing gown and felt a gust of cold air go underneath her feet, blowing her dressing gown up.

She was in the bathroom one day, standing in front of the mirror doing her hair. The bathroom door was closed tight and it then swung open, but you can bet that nobody was there.

So, back in her workplace which is the department store, she was in the stock room (she works in makeup). The stock room has shelves upon shelves. She was tidying up the shelf she is responsible for when two small boxes, I think they were gift sets, fell and hit her on the head. So a bit creeped out by this, regardless, she finished her task and continued to leave the room. But as she left the room a ladder, which was standing against a wall, fell in front of her.

She claims that when she is in work, that when she walks onto her counter, in midst of all the buzzing excitement of retail, she feels like she's missing something, that even though with all the people in the room, there is someone in there that is specifically watching her.

So after all of this, last night's activity is what alarmed me. My sister was in her room with her friends, waiting on their taxi as they were going out. Her dress was low in the back, and she was leaning against her wardrobe, which is smooth wood with no rough patches whatsoever. She was standing still when she felt something scratch her and as she winced in pain and turned around to see what the hell it was, she saw three red marks, as if a cat had scratched her.

She has always been skeptical about this kind of thing and I won't say now that she fully believes in it, but she doesn't not believe, if you get me. My mother and father have no belief in anything like that at all, and out of our family of four, I have always believed strongly in all of this. I'm the kind of person who looks up ghost stories late at night and I'm scared silly for the next few weeks.

So, as you may have gathered, this is scaring me, and I can't go anywhere alone, which is silly of me because whatever It is, isn't even affecting me. (Touch wood!) My sister herself doesn't seem to be very frightened by this at all, though she is interested in it, at this stage she isn't letting it affect her life.

Nothing has really happened to me at all, except one day when I was in her room I'm ALMOST sure that I heard a whisper, but of course I left pretty quickly after that because I'm a big wimp!

I thought I might also add my house is 35 years old.

Thank you very much anybody who takes the time to help me, it is very much appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, irishgirlo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Kyo-the-Phoenix-of-Shadows (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-26)
I wish I could offer more advice here, but all I can say is that you should research your home's history, research the hospital, or wherever. See if anything catches your eye among the information. Look for people who might have been bad tempered or supposedly cursed or whatever. If you can find where any bodily remains are, burn them. These kinds of hauntings are common, so they can have common solutions. And make sure nothing gets worse with either you or you sister. In other words, don't waste time doing nothing, not even for a moment. Depending on the entity, it could only be a matter of time.
irishgirlo (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-30)
hey guys, sorry I haven't been active much as I have been busy studying for my exams (finsished tomorrow, phew!)
Well something very creepy just happened... To me this time.

Just a few minutes ago I was in my sitting room, it was about 11:30 pm and pitch black outside. I was studying at the dining table which is right next to a big window and I heard some tapping on the glass, thinking it was just some leaves or an animal I got back to work.
But there it went again, my mum was out so I thought she might have been her asking to get in. I squinted to look and from what I can recollect I saw four claws. Tapping on the window right in front of my face. Now I love in ireland so it wasn a grizzly bear pr anything. And also, I don't think it was an animal as the third time (seconds after this) it happened, it tapped on the end of the window which is a good few metres away from where it originally happened, and then a second later it tapped in front of me again. Any ideas? Nothing else has been happening to my sister by the way. May I also add the tappig was reasonably high, too high for a dog and I checked outside wth my dad afterwards, nobody there, no animals no tree branches: (thanks x
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
Irishgirlo,
Thanks for clearing up my confusion. 😊
You say that as near as your sister can recall this all began after she started working at a particular shop. Do you know what kind of hospital it was? Or how long it was a hospital. (Dates it operated would be a big plus.)
As someone who has done a fair stint of retail, I can tell you storage rooms can be booby traps! Gift sets are notorious for not actually being flat. Oh the box can look flat, but due to the unevenly dispersed weight of the items inside, they aren't always as securely placed on a shelf as one might think. You said she was tidying up a shelf and two fell from above. It's possible that the slight vibrations of 'tidying' (this probably includes dusting off of product) 'unbalanced' those boxes. The ladder falling, well bad timing, but it is possible that gravity simply had it's way with it.
What I have no easy plausibility for is what your sister reports as FEELING. The being watched, hugged, nor the door opening... And the scratches. There might be something from the shop attached itself to her, so I'd really try and find out all you can about the history of the place. Try and find out from your sister, if this 'entity' gives off any particular 'vibe' to her. Does it 'feel' like an adult or a child? Male/female?
Hopefully Rook will see this and offer some advice. I'm thinking his cleansing method might help, but I'm not sure in this situation. (Sorry about that.)
irishgirlo (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
hi guys, thanks for the feedback I really do appreciate it!
Valkicry, sorry that I was not clear enough:)
It was a low cut dress in the back, and she felt a scratch, a very noticeable one and as this alarmed her she aske her friend who she was with if there was a scratch, who confirmed it was, I also saw the scratch.

Thank you so much everyone! And also any questions please feel free to ask:)
VSAngels (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
I'm not an expert but phantom scratches are something of a demon or a violent ghost. The thing is it could of been something else i've been thinking of. I believe she played with some little kid ghosts that became very attached to her because they were lonley and sad. They have followed her and now, especially with the hugging while she was sleeping, they're just loving her up like a mother figure. It all seems very innocent and sweet and the scratches could've been a little one saying "HEY! NOTICE ME! I'M HERE." I know it sounds odd but it's not unheard of and the little kid ghosts could still be around. As for her work, those are different ghosts. Not the kids. The store is built upon and old hospital for god's sake! Hospitals from back in the day include a lot of death, sadness, and some torture methods used on the insane (depending on the type of hospital.) That's where the store spirits are from. It's like building your house on an Indian burial ground. Good luck, beacuse that the Indian's land and they'll be inhabiting it for eternity 😆 Good luck, lovey!
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
Miracles - I thought about that or maybe one of the friends told her? (Of course I 'thought about that' after I had posted! 😆 I shouldn't post before coffee EVER!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
val - not trying to answer for the o/p, but perhaps she saw her back in a mirror?
Ashley2014 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
Maybe it's demonic. I know it sounds strange but, I have livedwith the samething similiar and it was nice at the beginning and then it got worse. Did she purify her house with holy water because that makes some entities mad. I would think it has tobe demonic if it's hurting her. I would put crosses around the house to see if they turn upside down on the wall because that is when you can tell.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-14)
Irishgirlo,
I'm a bit confused. You said, "Her dress was low in the back, and she was leaning against her wardrobe, which is smooth wood with no rough patches whatsoever. She was standing still when she felt something scratch her and as she winced in pain and turned around to see what the hell it was, she saw three red marks, as if a cat had scratched her." Assuming you meant her back was scratched, I don't understand how she saw her own back?
Many thanks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: