You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Uncle Rocky part 3

Real Ghost Stories

Uncle Rocky part 3

 

Hi, I thought maybe I could add a little more to my experiences I've had with my brother-in-law who passed away about 6 years ago and hangs around, keeping us company. Maybe it seems I've got an awful lot to say about it but it's an ongoing thing so maybe I'll have stories to tell for years to come!

Ever since we moved into this house (Rocky never got to visit here, he was killed just before we moved in) little things have been happening. Some things are just general things, like the fact that since we've lived here we have found coins (some other items too, which I'll tell too) everywhere. Mostly pennies. At first I never thought a thing about it, maybe a bit annoyed at my husband because I was always picking them up everywhere. Finally I sort of clued in that it wasn't hubby's money, I was finding it everywhere! First it was a penny in a pocket or the washing machine, nothing odd about that. Soon it was like they were multiplying. We would keep a penny on the top of the bathroom door frame (it's the type of lock that you can only lock and unlock from inside, unless you use something slotted to turn the lock mechanism from the out-side of the door).

At first my boys were too small to reach the coins up top (my 'keys' so to speak), so I always had a coin there so I could open the door to give them a holler when they'd been in the shower for way too long or the "Mom, I'm out of soap" type of emergencies. Pretty soon there were two coins, then three and the next thing I knew there was a whole row of coins all the way across the top of the frame. That's when I really clued in. You can find pennies everywhere in my house, on the table, under the table, ditto counters, windowsills, in my flower pots, in shoes when you go to put them on. Weird places.

Along those lines, my youngest son has found 2 watches on the ground, I found a heavy Italian gold, 24 karat bracelet in a pocket of a jacket that I bought at a second hand store. I gave that to my husband and he loved it, then one day he just couldn't find it anywhere. We looked and looked and never did find it. My oldest son found a gorgeous 14 karat diamond and emerald ring as he was walking home from school. I have found many less valuable baubles around the house such as pretty marbles, little pieces of gold chain, once a little stone that looked like a kid's play jewelry diamond (I only have 2 boys) and other sorts of shiny odd little things. I realize that all of those 'finds' can be explained away but to me it just seems too coincidental.

We still find pennies and weird little baubles all over the place but no more valuable items. Maybe we just had a lucky streak but either Rocky's dropping us pennies or we have a breeding pair around here somewhere! I like to think the 'gifts' were from Rocky, he always was a generous guy.

Thanks for reading and letting me share with you. I'll tell some more of my 'Rocky' story another time!

Other hauntings by Bellissima

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bellissima, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GibsonFlyingV (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-07)
Do you know if your brother-in-law ever liked shiny and valuable things like that? Did he ever used to take things and hide them and return them in a wierd way? And maybe he wanted to thank you for something, or, like you said, he was a generous and wanted to give you these things, Maybe that's why you were finding those things. Well thank you anyways 😊
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-31)
Ryokoie, you know I never thought of the breeding offspring! Now I really hope to find the little buggers!
Thanks All, for the comments! 😆
Soma (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
Pennies from heaven eh! Aww that's a sweet story. I'm glad that hes looking over you and your family and finding such nice ways to let you know that hes there!
Ryokoie (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
Neat, I never heard of stuff like this happening, what is even wierder on my step-dad's side of the family. I HAVE a uncle rocky, but he's not as generous as yours ^_^. Anyways thanks for sharing.

[Joke: Oh also if you find the breeding pennies, shouldn't their offspring be able to do the same since they were "born"?]
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
Oh most assuredly enjoy the stories. I don't blame you for wanting to hold onto those pennies. That theory doesn't even hold water. I had never heard that one before that reader had mentioned it.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
Thanks, Shane, for the offer to adopt my special pennies, but I think if I ever find out which two (of the many I now have), I'll lock them in a room together and wait until I have college money for my kids! Also, I'm pretty glad they are just pennies now that I've heard that theory! Thanks for reading and (sounds like) enjoying my stories, and thanks for the thoughts about Rocky. There IS more to tell, so when I get time I'll get to it! 😉
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
Hey Bell, you could send those breeding pair of pennies, my way. Pennies add up to dollars eventually. 😉 I just remembered what one of the other readers had said about finding coins means they went to heaven and finding bills means they went to hello.😆 I just think your uncle rocky is just watching over your family. Looking forward to the next installment of the rocky stories.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
Thanks for the comments Martin! I wish the coins were more than pennies but I'm happy with them, kind of a reminder, I guess. Thanks for not rationalizing me away, many will I think! It's just an oddity in a string of oddities. Thanks again! 😁
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-27)
I've read some time ago that materializations from ghosts were possible but that these objects might be unstable in this reality and go poof at any time, as did your husband's watch. You could put a few of these weird coincidental items in locked containers and see if they ever disappear one day.

Anyway, I wish I was haunted by a ghost with coins coming out of his wazzoo 😉 Sorry, old reference to a commercial from etrade.com some years ago.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: