You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Who Else Is Living In My Home

Real Ghost Stories

Who Else Is Living In My Home

 

In my first post I mentioned that we didn't experience anything paranormal until we had renovations done in our home. Around that time and shortly after, my mother, who was dying of cancer, came to live with us and she died in our home. My mother had a peaceful death, she slipped into a coma and died. A few weeks later my father who was also sick with cancer came to live with us for a few weeks.

My father was a different story, he suffered so much and I found it hard to deal with. He also questioned his faith and claimed that there was vicious dogs around his bed. He ended up in the hospital where he died three days later. Around that time we began to hear objects falling on our hardwood floors but when I went to investigate there was nothing amiss. I have two cats and a small dog and they tend to pile on my bed. One afternoon I heard a big bang coming from my sun room. At that moment the cats leaped from my bed and went to investigate. I followed the cats and nothing was out of place.

One night my husband got up to use the bathroom off our bedroom and he heard someone walking through the hallway toward the bathroom door. He made some noises and the footsteps stopped right at the door. He checked the house to see if the kids were awake but both kids were sleeping.

One day after hearing things falling again and nothing on the floor I tried to communicate with the spirit. I asked if someone was there and to please knock twice on the wall. I knocked first and I waited for a reply but nothing happened. Before Christmas I was hanging pictures on the wall in the dining room and family room when the lights in the family room turned off by itself. I am a Christian and I find these experiences disturbing. I tried to turn the lights back on with no success, so I tried again and nothing worked.

So I began to pray out loud by calling on the name of Jesus, I prayed for Jesus and his angels for protection. I told the spirit to leave my home and I asked Jesus and his angels to guide this spirit to a restful place. A few minutes later I was able to turn the lights on.

Things were quiet for a few weeks than on a Saturday evening we were all home in different parts of the house doing our thing, when I heard the loudest pounding, two to be exact, coming from the dining room wall. I sprinted out of bed and found my husband looking at the dining room wall looking stunned. He told me that he walked by the wall and the two loud knocks happened a few inches behind him at his chest level. The knocks were so loud that even the children who were in their bedroom heard it to.

A week later my daughter was in her bedroom alone when she heard huge bangs like someone was trying to kick a door in or a wall. She was terrified and called me to come home right away. I got home but everything looked normal. My cats are skittish and jumpy.

I don't understand this and I would love some feedback.

Other hauntings by Amihet

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Amihet, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CheekyLizzy (3 stories) (7 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-08-06)
When you tried to communicate with the spirit, by saying something along the lines of 'if there's a spirit here, please knock on the wall two times.' And then you heard two loud poundings on the wall A few weeks later, this wouldn't surprise me. Because it does take a lot of energy for a Spirit to do something, for example: Speak, Knock something over, or just simply make itself known it's there. So Sometimes things like that do take time to develop.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
The shocking reality is that we all Love the house, we are not afraid and we feel at home. Now the 2 cats is a different story, they jump at every noise. I do believe that this spirit is a woman and we all sense it.
Sonty (1 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
Hello Amihet,
I understand its not easy to deal with such things. I am also a victim of a series of unexplainable incidents that started on one unfortunate day. I want to share few things which is working for me.

Try to keep your house as clean as possible.

Get rid of any broken stuff in your house like glass, mirror, furniture etc

Do not keep dry flowers or plants, torn cloth in your house.

If your religion allows put some symbol of GOD on all the doors and windows which gives an outside view. It should be on the other side so that anybody who is out side your house can see it.

With due respect, every religion has its own dos and don'ts.If your religion and heart allows it you can try them. Please take care. These are few ways to increase positive vibes in your house and might just help to get rid of the negative energy in your house.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
Hello Amihet, it is better that you maintain a journal of activities besides checking out what Rook told you. I just want to ask you a question. Did the experiences make you, your children and husband, feel that something negative is present? Just ask them, especially the kids. They might be right and without any prejudice and fear, just think what was your first feeling, besides being scared about the unknown, and whether the same feeling persists until now. If it is, then it is better that you cleanse the house. Rook's method is very helpful and it is mentioned in detail in his profile.

Keep us informed of the developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Narella (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
Amihet: It sounds like you've got a solid base to start your research. It may not be the house itself. Did you bring anything "new" into the house before the banging started? Sometimes spirits can be attached to objects. Good luck to you and your family getting this resolved.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
The last incident with my mixer happened around two in the morning, I woke up and heard a motor running, my husband went to investigate now the mixer was off and the running motor sound, sounded like the old mixer that his mother had in the 1970's. There was lights flashing around the mixer and back splash. The colours kept changing from yellow to green to blue and red. My son has also heard knocking coming from my walk in closet. The house was build in the 1950's by a couple. I know that the lady died and her husband sold the house to a family that we bought the house from. I don't know if she died here though. We will probably put a camera in the kitchen and see if we catch anything. The overall feeling in my home is of warmth and comfort and we don't feel threatened at all. We had renovations done in the house, walls were torn down and some were build up and there was no signs of rodents at all. The only thing that bothers me is being in the house alone at night and the lights going off. The lights incident only happened that one time. I will be doing some research on the house. I find it sad that a spirit is bound to this earth instead of moving on to a peaceful place with their loved ones.
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
Rook: You may be right. I hope for the OP's sake it is rodents and the thing with the light was a power problem. But in her previous story she mentioned odd problems concerning her kitchen mixer. Yes, it might have been a wiring problem with the mixer causing it to turn on when it was switched off. But she also told of the odd lights around the kitchen backsplash when that happened. That combined with the bangs makes me think it might be paranormal. If it was rodents wouldn't it be more scratching noises instead of banging? I myself have experienced the banging when living in a haunted house. I think it is significant the banging stopped for several weeks after she prayed. The OP of course can do whatever she wants but I don't think the prayer can be discounted.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
Thank you for your in-put and I will look into the cleansing of the house and all that entails. We don't have a mice/rat problem in our home and those two loud bangs on the dining room wall was so loud, it sounded like someone pounded their fists which is scary because this spirit is strong and such loud bangs had to be made by a grown human spirit of a huge animal as big as a bear. Only the lights in the family went off the rest of the house was fine. My husband checked the fuse box and everything was fine. The lights in the family room came back on about half an hour later. My father was on pain meds and it is possible that he hallucinated. We don't have any large dogs in our home or street. The bangs that my daughter heard was so loud that she thought someone was trying to kick the door in or the wall. Thanks everyone.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
I am NOT an expert... Just an 'old fart' with lots of experience who's done some research as well. 😉

My first thought when you mentioned the loud thumps coming from the walls was...Rodents...have you had the home checked for varmints in the walls? If present this could explain the 'thumps and bumps' as well as the behavior of your pets.

You mentioned the lights going out... Did they only go out in that one room? If so... Did you think about checking the circuit breakers OR did you look outside to see if maybe power was out for your entire neighborhood? I understand saying a Prayer because you were frightened... But if it was a power outage that caused this event then it was a 'natural' event and NOT a spirit looking for attention.

The Cleansing mentioned is posted on my profile, feel free to try it and ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-14)
sounds like the spirits are doing a bit of DIY... Hopefully they will do a good job & you won't have to pay them... Which is good.
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-14)
I'm sorry you and your family are having to live with this. I'm sure it was heartbreaking to hear what your father said about his faith and the dogs. Some terminal cancer patients are on some pretty heavy medication toward the end. It could be it was the medication talking instead of him or what he said might have been a result of his brain winding down. As for the other, you mentioned prayer caused it to stop for a few weeks. Maybe you need to speak to your priest or minister about this. It would also be a good idea to find out the history of your home and the land it is own. The bangs may have nothing to do with the trauma of losing your parents.
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-14)
That sounds very creepy and not fun to live with. Could it be animals outside? Or something else?

There is a well known fellow here named Rook that has a good house cleansing that he shares with others that you could do.

It sounds like the death of both your parents could have been very traumatic. Especially with them living there. The house cleansing might help. I know it might sound stupid, but it's worked for many others (myself included).

I'm very sorry for the loss of both your parents. Please take care of yourself and your family. ❤

PS - I'm from Canada as well - make sure there are no large animals lurking about. You'd be surprised. However, if your Dad was seeing dogs and such, try asking rookdygin. He's an expert. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: